Some weapon change suggestions (1 Viewer)

Autismo

This is more or so taking pre-existing ideas from a other server I used to play in.
starting from first class to last
scout:
Stock bat
+50% secondary ammo
Force a nature
-50% primary ammo (because it's a crutch)
Shortstop
+15% faster reloading speed
+10% damage bonus
Soldier:
Rocket launcher/original
+10% reloading speed (compared to the direct hit, it's not really a contest)
Buff banner
+10% ammo regeneration
Stock shovel:
+25% primary ammo
Gunboats
70% damage resistance from blast jumps to 75% (because crutchtreads)
+10 max additive bonus health
Pyro:
Dragon's fury (there's already a existing change but I don't care if this causes a kneejerk reaction, dragon's fury only works currently against hales with +30% knockback resistance and if you've taunt crited, plus losing your secondary will ultimately spell death for a pyro)
-100% secondary ammo
100% critical hit vs burning players
-25% damage penalty
+100% airblast cost increased (3 airblasts instead of 7, you can't airblast even if you have the correct amount of ammo needed to reduce the clip to 0 upon doing so)
Fireaxe
+20% max primary ammo
+15% max secondary ammo
Demoman: (you won't like some of these)
All primary launchers:
+15% damage bonus changed to -27% damage penalty (so basically a constant +60 damage per pipe as compared to the current formula)
minicrits become crits
Grenade launcher/iron bomber
+5% reloading speed
Loose cannon
grenade launcher motor mode to 2 instead of 1 (this will increase the required charge time to 2 which is to nerf cannon jumping primarily because who even uses the cannon to double donk when you can't even double donk)
whilst weapon is active:
-5% movement speed
loch n load
instead of -27%, -14% damage reduction
plus it's +25% projectile speed (yes the attribute isn't on the weapon, fix it)
bootlegger
+60% damage reduction from blast jumps
all other attributes are removed (health additive being the focus)
Charge n targe
+200 max health additive
-100% primary ammo
-75% overheal penalty (mult_patient_overheal_penalty_active)
on hit: gain up to 80+ hp
-20% healing received penalty
Quickiebomb launcher
it's a glock now
280 : 1 (overrides to bullets)
647 : 1 (tracer bullets)
4 : 5 (40 ammo clip)
78 : 7.5 (180 ammo)
97 : 0.17 (-83% reload time decreased)
1 : 0.10 (I don't know if bullets change the damage values, but if not then it should be 42 damage per headshot)
6 : 0.10 (+90% firing speed)
51 : 1 (crits on head shot)
Bottle:
+25% max primary ammo
+25% max secondary ammo
Heavy:
Killing gloves of boxing
+20% damage bonus
Fists:
+20% max primary ammo
+20% max secondary ammo
Engineer:
Jump pad (this fucking thing)
Only one of each pad can be placed at a time (I.E only one jump pad and only one speed pad) or +3.75s pad recharge time
Medic:
Crusader's Crossbow
On hit: +11% ubercharge added
Sniper:
Kukri
+20% max primary ammo
+30% max secondary ammo
Spy:
Knife
+35% max primary ammo
All class:
Ham shank:
whilst weapon is active
on miss: hit yourself, idiot.
-20% self dmg push force decreased
on hit: gain up to +30 hp
(damage value for self hitting should be capped at 41)
Frying pan, objector, saxxy, freedom staff, memory maker, Bat outta hell, Necro smasher, Crossing guard, prinny
+25 max health additive

oh and also remove random bullet spread.

• Boring
Reactions: Aerial
The only reasonable change here is the Dragons Fury airblast ammo cost increase, everything else are just useless changes.
For the Loose Cannon, I'm thinking about to remove the permanent mini-crits on it so people can double donk again (I miss it myself).

• Agree
Reactions: Ham
You have to stop making these threads so long. No joke, I don't even know if this is a discussion or a suggestion.
Should've probably kept it at a couple that would fit on an actual vote.

Anyway, going through this mess…

I like most changes that concern the stock weapons and them giving you an increase of ammo capacity. Think this is pretty neat and make stock weapons a tiny bit stronger.
I'll still go through these one by one for the sake of it. (specifically the ones I disagree with)
Force a nature
-50% primary ammo (because it's a crutch)
It's a hit or miss most of the time regardless. Removing more ammo from it seems highly unnecessary.

Pyro:
Dragon's fury (there's already a existing change but I don't care if this causes a kneejerk reaction, dragon's fury only works currently against hales with +30% knockback resistance and if you've taunt crited, plus losing your secondary will ultimately spell death for a pyro)
-100% secondary ammo
100% critical hit vs burning players
-25% damage penalty
+100% airblast cost increased (3 airblasts instead of 7, you can't airblast even if you have the correct amount of ammo needed to reduce the clip to 0 upon doing so)

Despite the fact that I find this more of a dick move to suggest another change/nerf/buff to the Dragon's Fury whiles there is already one going on…
I have to simply disagree on everything besides the ammo & damage penalty.

All primary launchers:
+15% damage bonus changed to -27% damage penalty (so basically a constant +60 damage per pipe as compared to the current formula)
minicrits become crits
Loose cannon
grenade launcher motor mode to 2 instead of 1 (this will increase the required charge time to 2 which is to nerf cannon jumping primarily because who even uses the cannon to double donk when you can't even double donk)
whilst weapon is active:
-5% movement speed
loch n load
instead of -27%, -14% damage reduction
plus it's +25% projectile speed (yes the attribute isn't on the weapon, fix it)
bootlegger
Charge n targe
+200 max health additive
-100% primary ammo
-75% overheal penalty (mult_patient_overheal_penalty_active)
on hit: gain up to 80+ hp
-20% healing received penalty
Quickiebomb launcher
it's a glock now
280 : 1 (overrides to bullets)
647 : 1 (tracer bullets)
4 : 5 (40 ammo clip)
78 : 7.5 (180 ammo)
97 : 0.17 (-83% reload time decreased)
1 : 0.10 (I don't know if bullets change the damage values, but if not then it should be 42 damage per headshot)
6 : 0.10 (+90% firing speed)
51 : 1 (crits on head shot)
I'm not even sure where to start here.
Chargin' Targe & Quickie bomb Launcher, I have to simply disagree with, let's get that out of the way.
The change for all primary weapons seems a tiny bit unnecessary, and I'm kinda trying to understand to what purpose this was put forward.
(Not sure what to say to the Loose Cannon, I'll give another reply to that at some point)

Engineer:
Jump pad (this fucking thing)
Only one of each pad can be placed at a time (I.E only one jump pad and only one speed pad) or +3.75s pad recharge time
Just no. The current way it functions seems perfectly fine.

Medic:
Crusader's Crossbow
On hit: +11% ubercharge added

The current Ubercharge on hit with the Crossbow is at 15%.
And with the previous Ubercharge rate nerf, I have to disagree with this suggestion as well.

All class:
Ham shank:
whilst weapon is active
on miss: hit yourself, idiot.
-20% self dmg push force decreased
on hit: gain up to +30 hp
(damage value for self hitting should be capped at 41)
Frying pan, objector, saxxy, freedom staff, memory maker, Bat outta hell, Necro smasher, Crossing guard, prinny
+25 max health additive
Not needed. Not much else to say, lol

The only reasonable change here is the Dragons Fury airblast ammo cost increase, everything else are just useless changes.
For the Loose Cannon, I'm thinking about to remove the permanent mini-crits on it so people can double donk again (I miss it myself).
if you can also find a work around for the cannon to not get boosted from minicrits and crits from 2nd to last man then it could be changed to have higher damage values.
in the op about the other server, it also for a time had loose cannon crits convert back to just base damage for double donks, donks did 349 damage since demomen had crit grenades plus the cannon became the only source of reliable knockback plus damage, but when I revisited recently, it's since then disappeared.

if you can also find a work around for the cannon to not get boosted from minicrits and crits from 2nd to last man then it could be changed to have higher damage values.
in the op about the other server, it also for a time had loose cannon crits convert back to just base damage for double donks, donks did 349 damage since demomen had crit grenades plus the cannon became the only source of reliable knockback plus damage, but when I revisited recently, it's since then disappeared.
I like the Idea but we ain't in a competitive gamemode where we should reward skill to a high degree.
Not every person can hit double donks consistently.

I like the idea with stock weapons have ammo capacity increased.
That's mainly it from me.
But, May I ask you for a IP/full name of the server you have played on?
I'd love to test some of its weapons there, than have it rewritten (the code) here causing a mess.

I like the idea with stock weapons have ammo capacity increased.
That's mainly it from me.
But, May I ask you for a IP/full name of the server you have played on?
I'd love to test some of its weapons there, than have it rewritten (the code) here causing a mess.
Vspr | versus ponyville reborn (yea that pony show)
some of the key features that're no where else to be found

-Shields lost can be regained by having 10 heads or more (you retain any extra heads)
-HHH turns you into the headless horsemann when you get 10 heads
-Have a lot of custom hales that vary from one another from minor to a lot (rattleton, the one that's still pending on the fourms here, there's 2 hales that use the same rope mobility option; there's also a rocket jumping hale but no sticky jumping one)
-More than 9 classes
-Custom weapon spawns
-etc
it's only online during weekends or fridays, us ping also
I played during vsp (the original, that's why it's not vspr) when it wasn't dead, it had a lot of broken hales, weapon balance wasn't even a thing, could juggle hales freely as hybrid knight.

I'm just going to move this to the FF2 folder as it's more of a discussion at this point.

Please separate each change into each thread with it's own poll, but keep in mind spamming suggestions with a bunch of changes will annoy the community. Rome wasn't built in a day

Users who are viewing this thread