Declined Some JB Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin | XplosiveAction

First off I'd like to quickly say hi ^^ name's Justin and after a year and a half (a year of which was off steam completely) of not being on a JB server I got back into it and I am glad I to have found a community server like this one. The forums seem to have a LOT of activity and the JB server as well, gets active every day and is full at some point in the day. I myself was once a member of a JB group a long time ago, and (not selfishly) was an entertaining guy that people liked to have on so I hope to do the same here :)

That being said I think some things from the server I was on could work well here too. I thought I would throw my hat in the ring and share some thoughts to help the rounds run better.

Meatgrinder - In agreement with Kyl3, I think it should have the same restrictions as Cell Wars, as it's a 1-cell Cell Wars itself. So just 3 guards or less to do it.

LR/Custom LR After Map Change - I feel bad for the reds who get LR on the last round and it meaning nothing because of the 1st day freeday, so simply put I thought that IF the red who got LR connects fast enough for the first day freeday, for the warden to give it to them then. For example: if he wanted to do hide and seek, he can now have his LR granted the round after 1st day freeday. I don't see much harm in this, though I understand a reason for NOT having this being "we get to have a NORMAL day without any special request".

!votekick/mute/gag/ban - If there was a way to allow for this to work WHEN NO ADMINS CAN BE CONTACTED BY !calladmin, I think it would help a lot. ESPECIALLY regarding blues with no mics that just pressed v to get on but never had a working mic.

Simon Says + New Orders Replacing Old - SPECIFICALLY with Simon Says, I think that if the person who is Simon says "go to Insert Event/Place Here" without saying simon, that it should be a PART of simon says and should be KOSable. I know there was a rule regarding trickery, and yes I agree that in terms of things like DR they can't lie about traps being activated and all, but with THIS game, I think the rule should not apply as the purpose OF Simon Says IS trickery.

Re-Wardening - This is the biggest suggestion. Simply put, you CAN re-warden (as in blues have the ABILITY TO, I know it's not allowed), and I have seen Wardens in the past few days turn on FF to quickly kill a micspamming blue or even a mass-freekiller (allbeit justafiable and everyone might accept it, I know it's also not allowed). The idea of the warden being killed turning the day into a Freeday For All sounds fun and can be entertaining in it's own right for the blues, who might want to run and hide from the wave of Reds before they get ammo and kill them all, I think that it sort of ruins the idea of a Freeday LR, as Freeday For All is one of those options. Yes THAT starts at the beginning of a round but for the most part they all end with the blues being killed, like most "warden-deaths turning into freedays" do.
I think changing this into blues being ALLOWED to rewarden and say "past wardens orders still apply", would continue the round, cause less panic, and allow for LR to be given again.
I can only imagine the amount of times the warden is killed when 2 reds are left, and the rebeller is killed and now there's just one red, deserving of an LR, who can't get it.

I know that this is all a long shot and I am a random person who just made an account, but I really gave this some thought and I think they would help a lot if implemented or tested. JB seems to be really popular so I would love to see it run even better and more smoothly.

Suggestions aside, I want to end this on some things I really LIKE about the server, besides the staff that I am grateful for knowing how to handle things so well.

I really liked how when I first joined, a lot of it reminded me OF the place I once went to. I know there used to be some JB's where blues didnt need mics and whatever they says just appeared as !csay text. I am REALLY glad you have that rule about mics and the confirmation of mics to be on the guard team. I love the !calladmin system a lot too. I love the forums (as mentioned before), and I am glad to know some really nice people on the server such as Kyl3, Spiciest Milk, and a few other familiar faces.

So before the Hammer of Thor is thrusted into my cranium for probably asking for wayyyy too much, I'd like to flat out say: Thank You

I apreciate that you acknowledge my opinion, although Simon says is a touchy subject and as it stands most people do it with these said tricks anyways.

I apreciate that you acknowledge my opinion, although Simon says is a touchy subject and as it stands most people do it with these said tricks anyways.

As did I the very first time I joined the server, and I was told it wasn't allowed to trick them like that due to the fact that saying something without saying simon says replaces the entire simon says game pretty much, and the reds have to follow it. I think that the entire simon says game should not have that rule-overlapping-another scenario ^^

I honestly wanna hear your thoughts about the re-warden suggestion too I was happy to see you reply on this :D

Meatgrinder - In agreement with Kyl3, I think it should have the same restrictions as Cell Wars, as it's a 1-cell Cell Wars itself. So just 3 guards or less to do it.
You aren't really allowed to do minigames in the cell area anyway.
If we were to go adding a rule I would suggest once every couple of rounds?

• Agree
Reactions: Removed
I agree with Zannc. I agree meat grinder is very annoying, but it is part of jailbreak. I think it would be better to limit to every 2-4 rounds.

Re-Wardening - This is the biggest suggestion. Simply put, you CAN re-warden (as in blues have the ABILITY TO, I know it's not allowed), and I have seen Wardens in the past few days turn on FF to quickly kill a micspamming blue or even a mass-freekiller (allbeit justafiable and everyone might accept it, I know it's also not allowed). The idea of the warden being killed turning the day into a Freeday For All sounds fun and can be entertaining in it's own right for the blues, who might want to run and hide from the wave of Reds before they get ammo and kill them all, I think that it sort of ruins the idea of a Freeday LR, as Freeday For All is one of those options. Yes THAT starts at the beginning of a round but for the most part they all end with the blues being killed, like most "warden-deaths turning into freedays" do.
I think changing this into blues being ALLOWED to rewarden and say "past wardens orders still apply", would continue the round, cause less panic, and allow for LR to be given again.
I can only imagine the amount of times the warden is killed when 2 reds are left, and the rebeller is killed and now there's just one red, deserving of an LR, who can't get it.
I DON'T agree with this. If you like to only follow warden's orders and not rebel, it may benefit you a little bit. The only thing is if this was changed, it would be almost impossible for a rebel if there is over 5 guards. Therefore pretty much removing the entire reason to rebel in the first place, to kill the warden and make it a freeday/end the round.

• Agree
Reactions: Kyl3
!votekick/mute/gag/ban - If there was a way to allow for this to work WHEN NO ADMINS CAN BE CONTACTED BY !calladmin, I think it would help a lot. ESPECIALLY regarding blues with no mics that just pressed v to get on but never had a working mic.

I disagree with this suggestion it can result in false bans out of hate or reds thinking they got freekilled
I will give an example I was playing jb yesterday and got accused of freekill for killing some one who crouched after he got pardoned and that could have resulted in a ban for no reason because alot of people
agreed with him
One more example would be a spy tried to backstab me after that the warden said bomb rush to obby
even the spy himself said i didn't get freekilled but they still said you freekilled him

LR/Custom LR After Map Change - I feel bad for the reds who get LR on the last round and it meaning nothing because of the 1st day freeday, so simply put I thought that IF the red who got LR connects fast enough for the first day freeday, for the warden to give it to them then. For example: if he wanted to do hide and seek, he can now have his LR granted the round after 1st day freeday. I don't see much harm in this, though I understand a reason for NOT having this being "we get to have a NORMAL day without any special request".

LR after map change is simply bad luck, thats how it is and how it works, can't be changed.

regarding votekick/mute/gag/ban wont happen either due to it could be used in many abusive ways.

Seems like a guide on "' how to make jailbreak even more confusing"
With meatgrinder i do agreed however. 3 guards or less

Votekicking and such seems nice but it is EASELY abused, for instance someone with a younger voice or thick accent. He isn't breaking any rules but ppl don't like his voice so much.... ( almost 100% sure votemute will be abused and then to find out in sourcebans if it was legit or false HOLY SHIT NO PLEASE)

Custom Lr after map change is difficult since its always first round freeday and afterwards it doesn't show anymore so... egh..

Simon says is a good game BUT it should really be stated clearly

As for rewardening i don't think it should happend... rebelling is part of the game and you should be aware of your surroundings IMO

I think that would work yeah, in addition to 3 or less guards as that is needed for cell wars anyways. And for things like hunger games i know wardens tend to say "by this time please be in the cell area" just to make sure they are actively participating.

I DON'T agree with this. If you like to only follow warden's orders and not rebel, it may benefit you a little bit. The only thing is if this was changed, it would be almost impossible for a rebel if there is over 5 guards. Therefore pretty much removing the entire reason to rebel in the first place, to kill the warden and make it a freeday/end the round.

I thought of this myself when writing which is why I said in the post that well, I was just throwing my hat into the ring, I didn't expect peopel to agree with it. While re-wardening restores order, rebelling by killing the warden can (at least if there arent like 3 reds left) cause a FUN rebellion by all. I guess it's more for when there is just a few reds so now the reds that didnt rebel and wanted LR cant get it, so its a little disappointing.

Im going to add more once I come home.

I would just like to tag the admins for the jb server(s) to input their thoughts and any other JB player may also do so if they wish.

@Zushikikato Wolfeh @The Spiciest Milk @OxyGenE (can't forget @Madact along with @Satan and @Mr.Fluffy. Even if they aren't admins now they were previously and should still be mentioned)

Im actually glad you tagged them I wanted to add them to steam to call on them if anything happens on the server so, thanks XD

I disagree with this suggestion it can result in false bans out of hate or reds thinking they got freekilled
I will give an example I was playing jb yesterday and got accused of freekill for killing some one who crouched after he got pardoned and that could have resulted in a ban for no reason because alot of people
agreed with him
One more example would be a spy tried to backstab me after that the warden said bomb rush to obby
even the spy himself said i didn't get freekilled but they still said you freekilled him
LR after map change is simply bad luck, thats how it is and how it works, can't be changed.

regarding votekick/mute/gag/ban wont happen either due to it could be used in many abusive ways.

*Nods* I certainly thought about the abusive aspect of it, which is why It wasn't the main thing I was talking about here, and had a feeling it wouldn't be so agreed on. It might cause more bad then good if implemented.

I am honestly surprised but in a happy way at how many people replied, let alone a founder. I'm really glad and it's nice to see such activeness here. I think really the only thing people might agree on is meatgrinder and MAYBE the lr-on-last-round thing. I know that technically the LR is removed on map change which is why I said if the player connected on the first day freeday if he could be given his lr again. Does that sound plausible?

I am honestly surprised but in a happy way at how many people replied, let alone a founder. I'm really glad and it's nice to see such activeness here. I think really the only thing people might agree on is meatgrinder and MAYBE the lr-on-last-round thing. I know that technically the LR is removed on map change which is why I said if the player connected on the first day freeday if he could be given his lr again. Does that sound plausible?

possible but not worth the effort.

My two cents on this:
1.) Meatgrinder should probably just be removed alltogheter unless its a custom LR.
2.) LR after map change might lead to some dispute between players. Imagine it if players forgot what the LR was when it doesnt show up at the bottom of the screen. People might start lying about what the LR was and threatening Wardens who just joined if they dont do the LR.
3.) I'd agree to giving this powers to donators maybe, giving them to new players might lead to heavy abusing.
4.) Simon says needs some clear rules like zushi says.
5.) No, just no. The way it currently is, is great. A warden dies ? Freeday!

i dont agree becuase of some reasons:
-it can delay the round
-new players could discover the map so they can see what theres to do and where it is
→ if not they could get killed when they didnt know where to go or when they want to rebell they could look for some secret ways

as @Kevin and @yoyoyaso2222 said
its abusive and when there are for example 2 persons only you just need to type !voteban choose the player and done
they got a ban for no reason
what also could happen (will be extremaly rare)
if a big group of players are coming that are going to be trolls
they just voteban on everyone and make the server empty

My two cents on this:
1.) Meatgrinder should probably just be removed alltogheter unless its a custom LR.
2.) LR after map change might lead to some dispute between players. Imagine it if players forgot what the LR was when it doesnt show up at the bottom of the screen. People might start lying about what the LR was and threatening Wardens who just joined if they dont do the LR.
3.) I'd agree to giving this powers to donators maybe, giving them to new players might lead to heavy abusing.
4.) Simon says needs some clear rules like zushi says.
5.) No, just no. The way it currently is, is great. A warden dies ? Freeday!

Giving the power to donators actually sounds great as they are trustworthy (also to active members)
Simon says, glad you agree about the need for more specifics
And you're right about the warden-death-free day. Again it's just something I remember working well when I played somewhere else a year and a half ago but I guess it's working this way too ^^;

as @Kevin and @yoyoyaso2222 said
its abusive and when there are for example 2 persons only you just need to type !voteban choose the player and done
they got a ban for no reason
what also could happen (will be extremaly rare)
if a big group of players are coming that are going to be trolls
they just voteban on everyone and make the server empty
This is all too true and well, I'm glad you brought it up. Groups of trolls can potentially pop up, and it can be very abusive. I think giving it to donators and active members would solve that problem. But I get the hassle it would need to implement it

This is all too true and well, I'm glad you brought it up. Groups of trolls can potentially pop up, and it can be very abusive. I think giving it to donators and active members would solve that problem. But I get the hassle it would need to implement it
nah neither that, like i said, wont happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread