Duplicate Solving problems on deathrun. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunstep

Banned
[New deathrun plugin:]

Link to the plugin:
Dependencies:
  • Sourcemod (obviously)
  • DHooks
  • tf2attributes
  • Morecolors*
* = Compile only

I'm aware of the fact that there was a thread before this one, but this is a different dr plugin.

Made by Mikusch, possibly the best deathrun plugin out there at this time.

Features:

• Players can toggle being Death on / off - The current deathrun plugin also has this feature, but as a bonus it also shows weather you have the setting on / off. To avoid becoming death unwillingly.
  • The plugin is highly customizable.
  • You can edit player speeds per class.
  • Round timer can be changed with one simple command.
  • You can edit individual weapons.
  • You can edit individual weapons, for certain maps.
  • Customized backstab damage
  • Health modifier, based on how many red players are alive to make combat minigames more fair to blue.

Why do we need a new deathrun plugin?
3 main reasons:

• It's highly customizable in terms of weapons, maybe we can enable weapons in the future with this plugin.
  • It makes combat minigames more fair to blue, if set up properly. This is the most important reason.
  • It shows if being death is enabled / disabled, thus more avoiding being death unwillingly.

Convar recommendations:
  • dr_queue_points 15
  • dr_chattips_interval = 0
  • dr_runner_glow = 0
  • dr_activator_count = 1
  • dr_activator_health_modifier = 1.075
  • dr_activator_healthbar = 0
  • dr_backstab_damage = 250 (depends a lot on how much the health modifier is on)
  • dr_speed_modifier_scout "-100"
  • dr_speed_modifier_soldier "60"
  • dr_speed_modifier_pyro "0"
  • dr_speed_modifier_demoman "20"
  • dr_speed_modifier_heavy "70"
  • dr_speed_modifier_engineer "0"
  • dr_speed_modifier_medic "-20"
  • dr_speed_modifier_sniper "0"
  • dr_speed_modifier_spy "-20"

The speed modifiers set the class speeds to 300.

[Round timer]

As we all know, this has been an issue for a while now on Panda community. With one simple command, you can fix a very big problem.

Add this to the server.cfg, in order to set the round timer to 10 minutes.

sm_cvar tf_arena_round_time 600

To change the round timer per map:

Create a new file and call it <mapname>.cfg

Inside the cfg add: sm_cvar tf_arena_round_time <time in seconds> (300 = 5 minutes, 600 = 10 minutes)

[CLI map installation]

Tired of all the effort to install and update maps to your Team Fortress 2 server? No worries, I got a new way for server owners to quickly download maps, using CLI. Yes, we can replace those slow a** ftp / sftp programs!

Explainer: Why is this even in this thread? Because some maps need to be updated, this is a good way to do it very quickly.

Unfortunately it is not available now, but once it is. I will create a mega thread for deathrun with maps that require to be updated / installed. I will be providing a commands for each map so you can install maps to the server with just one copy paste. This will cost money, and requires some testing. I cannot guarantee the availability of this.

For now I will be posting here how it will work:

I will be setting up a public fastDL where you can use wget to download the map.

I was thinking about setting up a github repository, but after talking to a professional mapper, we ended up considering it as abusing github for getting a fastdl. So that's why I will be creating my own fastdl instead of creating a repository.

Now here is an example:
Lets say you want to update dr_bootcamp_beta to dr_bootcamp_2a.

We will be assuming that your tf2 server directory is in /home/<username>/tfserver/tf2/tf
And assuming your fastdl is in /var/www/html/<directorytofastdl>/tf/maps

You would have to type this in the terminal if the map IS in bz2 format:

sudo apt install bzip2 - f - y && cd /home/<username>/<directorytoyourserver>/tf/maps && wget <url to fastdl>/tf/maps/dr_bootcamp_2a.bsp.bz2 & bzip2 -d dr_bootcamp_2a.bsp.bz2 && cd /var/www/html/<directorytofastdl>/tf/maps && sudo chmod -R 775 /home/<username>/<directorytotf2server>/tf/maps && rm /home/<username>/<dirtotfserver>/tf/maps/dr_bootcamp_beta.
The -R in the chmod command makes it apply to everything inside the folder you specify, obviously.

If the map is NOT in BZ2 format:

cd /home/<username>/<dirtotfserver>/tf/maps &7 wget <url to fastdl>/tf/maps/mapname.bsp && cd /var/www/html/<directorytofastdl>/tf/maps && wget <url to fastdl>/<dirtofastdl>/tf/maps/dr_bootcamp_2a.bsp && sudo chmod -R 775 /home/<username>/<dirtotfserver>/tf/maps && rm /home/<username>/<dirtotfserver>/tf/maps/dr_bootcamp_beta

NOTE: Some maps are already compressed! in that case it's not necessary to put them in a bz2 file, in fact sometimes it makes the file only bigger by a few bytes.

TIP: "~/"= "/home/<username>/". In short: you can replace /home/<username>/ with ~/ to shorten your commands a little bit.

Looks creepy and all, but as a server owner you would only have to edit the directory to your fastdl and tfserver. And you can have a map downloaded with just one simple copy and paste. The advantage of this would be that it speeds up downloading maps, especially if a command like the examples here are already given by the map creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread