Declined Skipped a trap 2 times on freerun (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1608

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Matts&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Matts
Steam ID 32: https://steamcommunity.com/id/matts1608/
Date and Time of the Ban: 2022-07-14 21:17:25
Reason about the Ban: Skipping
Admin that Banned you: AnOwOn
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban: I leterally skipped 2 times the same trap, the first time it was an accident and the second time the trap that was already activated (it was also freerun in both rounds) . I got banned for 3 days for this.

Hello Matts, I'll clarify some stuff about your ban:
  1. You technically skipped the trap 3 times, although one was let go due to the high amount of people skipping that same trap and my inhability to handle so many people. So you had 3 chances and still decided to let them all go to waste.
  2. You seem to have the wrong notion that you can skip traps when it's a freerun (even though I said multiple times that it was not allowed even on freeruns, here is a link to a thread which may clarify your rule's understanding: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/the-deathrun-bhop-rule-clarification.13543/)
  3. You got banned for 3 days because you had previously been banned for a duplicate account (alt) for a duration of 2 days. As not to mess with SourceSloth's ban duration stacking, we are required to ban for a longer amount than was put in place by the console so as to keep an order, hence why you were banned for 3 days.
In my opinion, you should wait this out as to learn a lesson. You skipped the same trap consciously 3 times, even saw what happened to people who skip (veso got banned for the same reason before you) and you still did it. Not to talk about your sassy remarks through chat about warnings/punishments given out to other players.

EDIT: Quoting the part which is relevant for point 2 of my answer.

5. Can I skip traps when a freerun is given by the blu team?

This is a huge no and here’s why:
  • It can be a fake freerun
  • It shows how and where trap skips are done to players who didn't know, which is not allowed
  • It can contribute to other bhoppers to skip on a non freerun round

"you had 3 chances and still decided to let them all go to waste" is a bit ecessive. As you said, once time you let me go so I didn't even realize I had skipped.
Also the rules say clearly "Players who use bhop and manage to jump entirely over or around the trap in a way that the player on the blu team can't catch you on it is skipping". Well, the last time u slayed me for skip, the trap was already activated, so if we want to follow the rules to the letter, it is not considered skip in my opinion

Years have passed and I still do not understand these things, so u cant use sub steam accounts?
Can you explain what it means "duplicate account (alt)"? I got banned bc i had my antivirus vpn on and as soon as I pointed it out to an admin I was immediately unbanned.

"you had 3 chances and still decided to let them all go to waste" is a bit ecessive. As you said, once time you let me go so I didn't even realize I had skipped.
You not realising it does not mean you didn't skip it.

Also the rules say clearly "Players who use bhop and manage to jump entirely over or around the trap in a way that the player on the blu team can't catch you on it is skipping". Well, the last time u slayed me for skip, the trap was already activated, so if we want to follow the rules to the letter, it is not considered skip in my opinion
It is then treated as if it were a trap on that point I copy-pasted:
  • It shows how and where trap skips are done to players who didn't know, which is not allowed
  • It can contribute to other bhoppers to skip on a non freerun round

Years have passed and I still do not understand these things, so u cant use sub steam accounts?
Alt accounts can be used as long as they are not used to avoid punishments like ongoing comm blocks or bans.

Can you explain what it means "duplicate account (alt)"? I got banned bc i had my antivirus vpn on and as soon as I pointed it out to an admin I was immediately unbanned.
If this was the case, please redirect me to the ban appeal thread or conversation where this exchange happened so that your ban may be adjusted. Even if this were the case, I cannot change it myself, a full admin, my mentor, would have to do it for me.

To close this off You cannot skip any traps activated by death freerun or not we made the rule that way so its easier to understand for everyone.
Note that @An0n cant always catch up to all the 32 players to see who is skipping so thats why you maybe thought he let you off the hook for that skip.
Activated traps or not the rule still applies the same way.
Dont let other players encourage you to skip traps it's not worth getting banned over for their trolling. Punishments get stacked so you wil have to wait out 3 days but after that your free to play again with no problems.
As for the alt thing don't use alternative accounts to bypass bans you wil get punished for it. I dont see the banned duplicate account thingy so it could have been another community

As a last thing we treat everyone the same way so everyone gets warnings we dont target out people :)
Take your time to read the bhop rule in your downtime to be sure whats allowed and what not.

Hope il see you again on the server
For now
Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread