Accepted Sir Krookodile's Admin Application (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKrookodile

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Username: Sir Krookodile

Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:1:197078871

Your age: 19

Current playtime on relevant server(s) : 20d 20:49:44h

Link to your Sourcebans record: Bans / Comms

Server you are applying for: US JB.

General online times & time zone: Varies based on my shifts at work. Will always be available between 21:00-24:00GMT at the latest due to late shifts. During Late shifts I'll be avaliable in the morning for a couple hours between 8:00-10:00 depending on how well I sleep. On earlier shifts I'll be avaliable from 18:00 through 24:00. and I'll be avaliable for most of the day during my days off. There's no real consistency in my shifts but I am working full time so I will always have 2 days off, Once during the week and once on the weekend.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator: I have no relevant experience when it comes to game moderation.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
I've been playing on panda for a while now. And It's quickly become one of the few reasons I even boot up tf2 anymore. Even though I've only really been consistently been playing on panda for about a year now (probably even less). I feel like I fully grasp the rules. I feel like now is a good time for me to apply, especially since applications are open (true). I've felt like there has been a surge of mfkers as of late, despite crabs forum grind (thank you goat) it's hard to ignore the fact that if no admins are avaliable and some bro hops on an alt and just mfks for half an hour it kills the server. An extra body to rely on when not everyone is going to be available is super helpful. I do have a gag under my belt from a few months ago because I ghosted (silly me forgot that saying which button was pressed on dr counted as ghosting Whoops!) and apparently I micspammed on freak fortress 6 years ago (I was a 13 year old with a laptop and shitty headset so checks out). But I am now well versed in the rules to understand the ins and outs as not to make stupid mistakes like those again.
Unfortunately I don't have many forum reports, Mainly because I keep forgetting to install a clipping application so I can actually clip when somebody is blatantly breaking the rules. Although with my recent upgrade to a not absolutely abysmal PC setup I can actually handle clipping, so you can expect me to be making more reports in the near future.

My punishments would go as follows:

Mutes/Gags (Micspam, Ghosting, Toxicity.):
1st warning: Verbal Warning.
2nd warning: 120 minute Mute/ 240 minute Gag.
3rd warning: 600 minute Mute/ 1 day Gag.
4th warning: Perm Mute/Gag.

Teambans:
Teamkills/Freekills
2nd warning: 240 minute Teamban.
3rd warning: 600 minute Teamban.
4th warning: Perm Teamban.

MFKs
Intentional: Perm Teamban + 1 week server ban.
Accidental:
1st Offense: 600 minute Teamban.
2nd Offense: Perm Teamban.

Spraybans:
2nd warning: 1 day Sprayban.
3rd warning: Perm Sprayban.

For different offenses I will punish in a way I deem to be necessary for the situation. I don't want to be extremely harsh with punishments, as sometimes it's just a doofus not realising it's against the rules. (Especially with baiting and stuff, I'm not gonna instantly teamban little jimmy for revving at the reds. For most offenses I will give a verbal warning at first, unless it is a major offense, because most of the time it's a dingus not reading the rules.)

I do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read my application for panda JB mod, especially considering how much I probably waffled (I'm even waffling rn whoopsie!).
Many Thanks - Krook.

Hello, Sir Krookodile.

You are definitely someone I see quite a bit on the Jailbreak server and your punishment record is fairly good with no known teambans or bans and only two past comms, and you are also a friendly player I don't mind playing with. However I feel I need to see a little bit more of you to finalize my opinion.

Your stacking for comms/bans and teambans is currently my only major criticism at the moment, it definitely doesn't align with our current procedures, but if you do become admin this can fixed by teaching you the proper stacking. For reference, this is the stacking we follow:

1st comm: 12 hours (sometimes only 6 depending on the admin)
2nd comm: 1 day
3rd comm: 3 days
4th comm: 1 week
5th comm: 1 month
6th comm: perma

1st teamban: 120 mins
2nd teamban: 240 mins
3rd teamban: 480 mins
4th teamban: perma

intentional MFK: perma
accidental MFK: 360 mins first time, perma second time

So with all that said, right now I will declare myself Neutral leaning close to a +1. This could easily change depending on how much I see you in the coming days.

Sir Krookodile!

As Denzel said, you are someone I have seen on the server quite a number of times and every time we've interacted its always been very positive.

I think your punishment stacking is the only thing I'd like to see worked on, as Denzel brought up, other than that

I will set my opinion on this app as +1

STEAM_0:1:197078871

Before I give a verdict I'd like to get an initial feel for you. Below are 3 clips from reports that may or may not have been accepted. I would like you to tell me what you would do if you had admin buttons and were on the server at the moment the clips took place. Assume no prior history from each player(s) and the modern ruleset. There is no pressure to get a "right" answer per-se, just what you'd do.

• Clever
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
STEAM_0:1:197078871

Before I give a verdict I'd like to get an initial feel for you. Below are 3 clips from reports that may or may not have been accepted. I would like you to tell me what you would do if you had admin buttons and were on the server at the moment the clips took place. Assume no prior history from each player(s) and the modern ruleset. There is no pressure to get a "right" answer per-se, just what you'd do.

Okay, For the first clip there's not much context. But it does very much so seem like Both "THE NIPPY TOUCHER" and "jaxamax" are still clearly armory camping. from the duration of the clip both appear to be both at full health and ammo. Leaving them with no real reason to sit in armory for that long. Assuming this is a first time offense it would be a 120 minute teamban for the both.

On the second clip, I think I might've been there when it happened. But that's not exactly relevent. Cinnamon intentionally slayed to allow a red to rebel. So in this case I also think this warrants a 120 minute teamban too.

Finally. Burger was told multiple times, not to kill the red players. And continued anyways. There's clearly multiple bodies outside of armory here. There's no real way of knowing which players killed who in this clip though, since I'm not all too familiar with the exact loadouts of certain players, so it's not like I can run forensics. Due to the lack of proof of this being multiple freekills. I would only punish as a standard 120 minute teamban.

• Informative
Reactions: Fairy and crubf
Hi there SirKrookodile Great to see you apply for JB Admin, :nekoheart:

lets get right into it, shall we?
i have seen you ingame a lot, and you tend to bring a positive vibe into the server and are always fun to play with, no deal breaker i could mention
as mentioned by Denzel you punishments stacking needs little work, however i dont see that as an - point since its understandable you don't have any experience with it

I don't have many forum reports, Mainly because I keep forgetting to install a clipping application
That's understandable, However i would highly advise to install a clipping software since as a trial you are more sensitive to people appealing/and or accusing you of abuse, Clipping every punishment you hand out works as a great defence against this risk (also it helps handling appeals in general since obviously you cant remember every punishment)

i'm sorry i am not able to give a big reponse to your application since i have seen you ingame a lot but dont really know that much about you, all i know you act kind and fun on jailbreak, and thats the most important part

Its a +1 From me, good luck on your application lad!

That's understandable, However i would highly advise to install a clipping software since as a trial you are more sensitive to people appealing/and or accusing you of abuse, Clipping every punishment you hand out works as a great defence against this risk (also it helps handling appeals in general since obviously you cant remember every punishment)
You can also just enable auto demo recording, and delete them every once in a while. I find it more reliable than a clipping software, its nice being able to just find the date on source bans and search since demos when made with auto demo are just a date and time.
You unfortunately aren't probably getting any good feedback from me, as I haven't been on much in the past month, I've just been freeloading here on panda due to being busy IRL.

• Informative
Reactions: Fairy
You can also just enable auto demo recording, and delete them every once in a while. I find it more reliable than a clipping software, its nice being able to just find the date on source bans and search since demos when made with auto demo are just a date and time.
You unfortunately aren't probably getting any good feedback from me, as I haven't been on much in the past month, I've just been freeloading here on panda due to being busy IRL.
Oh yeah, that works too. And I should be able to handle demo recordings now without it eating away at my cpu. I'll turn this on for future use.

Reactions: Fairy
Looking at your responses to crabf's test reports, I feel you would do good as an admin.

+1

I believe I am comfortable enough after enough observation to think that you are a good candidate. +1, good luck with your app

• Happy
Reactions: SirKrookodile
Hey Sir Krookadile, I actually think you'd make a really good candidate! I've seen you plenty of times in-game and with what I've seen from here and in-game I am comfortable giving you a +1. Good luck!

Weird, I thought i left feedback but i guess not.

Krook, you are an excellent fellow and would be a solid addition to the team. When you become admin, try and bump up the proffessionalism a tad and you will be solid.

+1

• Useful
Was pending for a possible Ian vote but it appears he is busy. So that's all the required feedback!
Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread