Invalid Sir Dominoose's Administrator Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominoose

Donator
- Your name and/or nickname

Sir Dominoose/Dom

- Your age

16 years of age. (My DOB year displayed on my profile is incorrect, it should be 2001. I was not thinking when I put in my date, my apologies.)

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

I am eligible to apply since I have met the age requirement. Furthermore, the server I want to apply for is available.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:0:85065350

- Your general online times and your timezone:

Timezone: Eastern Standard time
Schedule: Monday-Friday - 2:15pm - 7:00pm
Weekends - 8am - 5pm
Vacation/Time off - 7am - 8pm

*Note that these times are not exact and as such they are subject to change at anytime.
Also note that plans for a particular day involving off-time from the server is inevitable.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I normally play on Dodgeball NY. I am willing to monitor other servers if necessary.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

I do not really use a microphone since I always have company over and background noise is a problem.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I have not had any experience staffing TF2 servers, however I have experience monitoring a Minecraft server that had an average player base of 100 players. From there I have learnt a few skills and how to appropriately deal with players who require help or cause trouble.
I have also developed a tough skin for players who decide it is fair to harass me so that my behavior isn't affected and I can do my job in a calm and professional manner.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

SourceMod is extremely foreign to me and I have never used it. However if I am required to learn how to use it I will be more than willing to.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I don't expect anyone to hire me. I didn't apply for myself, I applied for the server, and to become a part of the Admin team only to help make the server I play on a more pleasant atmosphere for everyone. I try to be as friendly to players as I can without being too nice, and I try to be helpful as I can to the best of my abilities. Rarely will I ever get angry or out of hand with my behavior. I also make an effort to be as active as I can.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I absolutely have no idea if there is a protocol I have to follow nor do I know every single Admin command. Without a protocol or code to follow, I generally punish players based on how much they're hurting everyone around them.

For stealing, I am not too strict because I am understanding of the fact that mistakes happen, and I am aware of exceptions to the rule. However this is a general rundown of how I would punish them.

First time - A warn in chat.
Second time - A ban for a few minutes to a few days, depending how frequently they stole from players.

For hacking, I've never had and never will have a tolerance for it. If caught, the player is immediately suspended.

For spamming binds, I would warn the player in chat. If they're spamming binds to the point where I cannot see my messages in chat, I will just immediately mute them.

For blocking, again I am aware that mistakes happen and I am not too strict about punishments. However if they're purposely blocking other players, it will be a warn in chat or a ban depending how severe.

For racism, suicidal or otherwise profound language, I punish on the basis of severity.

Disclaimer: I am aware of the fact that I am not well-known within the community. Therefore, it may hinder my chances. My hope is that becoming an Admin will allow me to know more people, and to engage within the community more.

I'm sorry, but you do not meet the minimum playtime required of 72 hours (3 days). You currently have 22:17:20 hours. To check your playtime click here.

Please try to reapply again once you have reached that minimum playtime.

I'm sorry, but you do not meet the minimum playtime required of 72 hours (3 days). You currently have 22:17:20 hours. To check your playtime click here.

Please try to reapply again once you have reached that minimum playtime.
Didn't know where to check my playtime, thanks anyways, that was an error on my part.

Invalid

Reason above from Frosty.

You may re-apply again when you reach the requirement of 3 Days.

Closed and Moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread