Accepted SG 2fort Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastoaide

- Your name and/or nickname
I've not used an alias for a reeally long time, I always go by the name of Plasto.

- Your age
Sweet seventeen!

- Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:134664266

- Your general online times and your timezone?
I've spend most of my time doing things indoor since the pandemic happened, and most of that is spent on my desk. I am online everyday during early afternoon until an hour or two before midnight (~11 AM - 11 PM). I do have schoolwork though and so I might come online a bit later than usual, but I honestly don't have much to do for a while now and so I am available to moderate the server anytime after that.

My timezone is GMT+7.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I'm applying for SG 2Fort, and honestly I really wouldn't mind visiting other servers on SG in case of a report, though I'm not really well versed in server specific rules which exists in Dodgeball and Deathrun servers.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I use it pretty often on competitive games such as CS:GO where I actually have the need for it, or sometimes somewhere else like online classes or using it for Discord calls. I find myself seldomly using it on TF2 though, especially on the server I'm applying for.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I've never had experience moderating a game server. I've only had experience being a Discord server moderator for a music artist- and a tiny one at that (~70 members).

Though I'm fairly confident that I am mature enough to adequately moderate for Panda-Community without having previous experience.

- Do you have experience administrating with SourceMod?
Not at all.
I'm only familiar with SourceMod commands that Panda-Community provides for all players, the ones that are listed in the server's sm_help command. I'm very determined to learn all about it though, especially right now where I practically have all the time in the world to do so!

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
There are an absurdly high talks of racism and the use of slur and other inappropriate things on the server, there are also players disrespecting others and the occurance of spam in chat every other day. They usually go by unnoticed by the admins because nobody really bothered to call for one, and that leads to the lack of punishment these kinds of players receive. I'm positive that the server would benefit very much in having an active admin moderating it and keeping all those very bad things away to keep a safe and enjoyable environment for eveyone to play on.

And if I were to be accepted, I keep a promise to be very determined in following my mentor when teaching me how to become an outstanding admin on the server.

- Please briefly explain how you would do your job (A general overview of your policies and punishments).
I'll be giving out punishments with a significantly higher degree everytime the player offended (with a few exceptions).

General degrees of ban I will follow, this applies to many violations:
12 Hours - 1 Day - 3 Days - 1 Week - 1 Month - Permaban

Cheating:
Permaban
Spamming, playing music, disrespecting user, excessive use of swear words, etc:
Warn - 3 Hours Gag - 12 Hours Gag - 2 Days Gag - 1 Week Gag - 1 Month Gag - Permagag

Mild use of slurs:
Warn - 1 Day Gag - 2 Days Ban - 1 Week Ban - 1 Month Ban - Permaban

Extreme racism / Offensive remarks regarding sensitive topics or religion:
1 Week Ban - 1 Month Ban - Permaban
In case of NSFW or inappropriate sprays/Conscientious Objector images, I will warn the player and kicking them if they cease to comply.
But if the player still violates, then I will give a punishment following my general ban policy above.

I'll be pretty lenient on a few minor disturbances that might occur on the server (e.g. intel/lenny spam, avoiding the AFK system), I will not ever give out permanent bans to players for those kinds of things, I will warn them about their action a couple of times and inevitably kick the player if they fail to stop doing them.

I won't tolerate players intentionally camping in any part of the map for way too long to farm points in a more "legit" way, this is because there are some spots in 2fort that a camping player can just effectively frag everyone without any effort or resistance. (Such as staying on the sewer and playing as a Heavy/Demo/Engineer, placing a sentry on the hallway, etc)
This ruins the fun for many players playing on the server.

The degrees of punishment I will give for this specific violation:
Lots of warnings - Kick - 1 Day Ban - 3 Days Ban
This does not apply when the player is playing as a Sniper.

Links! :catpaw:
HLStats

Chat

Bans - 0

Comms - 0

This is a really good application. SG 2Fort does need help as I've visited now and then when I can but really this server isn't within my timezone too well. It's morning / early lunch which is when I work.
Nobody is assigned to this server so there isn't anybody required to give feedback but I will have this application open for 2 weeks, until the 25th of November, to close it for under review.

Perhaps I can join on to see how you are. I've briefly checked your chatlogs and I don't see anything bad. But I didn't check it proper, so if someone spots something let me know.
So good luck ::): Perhaps you can start by making some player reports, check out the forums a little. Get involved ?

Reactions: Plastoaide
This is a really good application. SG 2Fort does need help as I've visited now and then when I can but really this server isn't within my timezone too well. It's morning / early lunch which is when I work.
Nobody is assigned to this server so there isn't anybody required to give feedback but I will have this application open for 2 weeks, until the 25th of November, to close it for under review.

Perhaps I can join on to see how you are. I've briefly checked your chatlogs and I don't see anything bad. But I didn't check it proper, so if someone spots something let me know.
So good luck ::): Perhaps you can start by making some player reports, check out the forums a little. Get involved ?
Thank you so much!
And I will, I've actually already written a lot of player reports to submit to the forums for review but I couldn't get around to posting it yesterday d:

Reactions: Madact and vinny
One day before I'd say I'd close it but I'm eager to start getting applications rolling!

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to see you on the server. Hopefully during under review I will otherwise I'll have to resort to what I can see remotely.

Since you'd be a new admin(if you get accepted) I'm concerned about letting you be on your own most of the time or even finding you a suitable mentor. But we had to start with US servers the same way so we'd find a way for the SG servers.

You've been making reports and getting involved so you've taken my feedback well. Very pleased.

So with that I'll close this application, I'm open to any feedback about the applicant in private that I've missed.
Any questions or incoming inactivity please let me know. Good luck ::):

• Friendly
Reactions: Plastoaide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread