Declined SexPotato's admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexPotato

SexPotato

Steam32 ID

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
6d 04:41:47h

Link to your Sourcebans record

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
Emma

Server you are applying for =

General online times & time zone
It varies, I work nightshift so pretty much any time, mostly nighttime

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Used to admin in a minecraft server that no longer exists a few years back

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.) Mainly I would just keep anything too offensive out of the server, for example someone saying the n word, so I would mute them, anyone micspamming too much, for example constant ear rape, I would mute them, and then getting rid of any exploiters/bots/hackers. I wouldn't be to harsh, and would try and give warnings before acting but if they continue whatever they are doing, then I would act, unless they are hacking, then I wouldn't give them a warning.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Valen
STEAM_0:0:99586562
No bans or comm blocks.

Trial admins are not able to give permission so you must be mistaken or Emma mistakenly gave you permission. Proof of this should confirm which way that is, but if you read the template and checked available positions you should of realised you don't need permission.

If you could expand on the 'What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?' by including how you would stack your punishments for let's say a micspam that would be great. So here we stack punishments the more a user repeats the offence. I see you have all ready explained you would warn first, maybe give us an example of your warning, and then show how much time you would increase of each time they micspam after their first micspam. You can find examples on this on other applications if you are unsure how to lay that out.

You're also unknown to the community forums, building your profile and making an introduction should do. Not much going on suggestion wise for US 2fort , but if you see any input from you would be great.
I would advise you start making player reports from now so we can also see what you deem as punishable and also helps out the server. If there isn't much to report no pressure, but since you've applied I'm assuming you have been experience yourself with these issues that you're bound to come with at least one example.

Tagging US 2fort admins:

@Emmathatsme @Kyro

Reactions: Kyro
Hi sexpotato! Im largely going to echo the sentiment of Madact here, as in my time on 2forrt I havent been able to see you on personally, but thats not too much of a concern. I think it would certainly help to expand on what you think makes you a suitable candidate. Including a list for yourself on how you would progressively increase punishments would be a good start.

Your record seems clean, so aside from building up some more familiarity with the rest of the community and the forum, I do also suggest checking out accepted admin applications as a reference on what looks good in your application, should you wish to make any revisions!

Gonna be a neutral vote for the time being, will wait and see if there are any changes made or if i get the chance to see you on myself

Oh hey you actually applied haha.

Sorry if you got confused on the permission question, that is only for people who are under the age requirement–admin applications do not require any permissions. Besides that though, I don't think I've ever seen you around but you do play at night so maybe I missed you (or your don't talk on mic lol). I do think that the final answer is lacking the portion where you tell us why we should bring you on other than just what you would do. Anyone can mute racists but with no reports on the forums or signs that you are trying to help out the server it just kinda falls flat.

I know forums suck, but when you see an ass just report them on here so that we see you are trying to help other than to just be a cool admin. You clearly play the server a lot, and don't do punishable things on it, so I don't see why we wouldn't accept you, other than the thing listed above. I believe in you and feel that forum participation is why we are lacking in moderation, so good luck!

+1

Reactions: Kyro
Oh hey you actually applied haha.

Sorry if you got confused on the permission question, that is only for people who are under the age requirement–admin applications do not require any permissions. Besides that though, I don't think I've ever seen you around but you do play at night so maybe I missed you (or your don't talk on mic lol). I do think that the final answer is lacking the portion where you tell us why we should bring you on other than just what you would do. Anyone can mute racists but with no reports on the forums or signs that you are trying to help out the server it just kinda falls flat.

I know forums suck, but when you see an ass just report them on here so that we see you are trying to help other than to just be a cool admin. You clearly play the server a lot, and don't do punishable things on it, so I don't see why we wouldn't accept you, other than the thing listed above. I believe in you and feel that forum participation is why we are lacking in moderation, so good luck!

+1
i saw in a few other applications that you guys looked at the !calladmin reports done in game, which I should have at least a few of those if they count for anything?

https://www.panda-community.com/thr...boy-saying-some-not-so-friendly-things.29200/ So I just recently made a report on two individuals saying the N word here, and I'll use this as an example. Since they were both using racial slurs, I would at first give them a verbal warning and mute them for 5-10 minutes, and then if they continue after that I would just mute then for a day, and if there are any repeat offenses over that I would probably just put a communication ban on them

I'm going to close this for under review. It'll give Kyro time to still see you on the server (if they haven't all ready) and give you time , if you haven't all ready, to follow advice given.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Reactions: SexPotato
declined, you may apply again in a month; 21.01.2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread