RPS rule (1 Viewer)

Do you want the rule to be a thing?

• Total voters
Would be strange though if you didn't know this particular rule and you end up dying when you merely just wanted to taunt with the fellow player.

I liked doing RPS and I made it clear that the particular person is agreeing to going through the door or it's a timebomb. If I wasn't clear enough or other users where doing it without stating the intention of the RPS then it would be unfair to timebomb then.

Thing is...Are people willing to go onto the forums to read this particular rule? No, they're coming on to play deathrun. If they end up RPSing innocently and don't understand English then they're going to get slayed / timebombed and will think 'Dis admin a dick' and move onto the next server.

If such rule is to be imposed, it should be listed on a general reminder that the server produces with the rules. Would also be wise if deathrun admins where to have this on bind if they intend to use it regularly or see other users trying this method.

I'd thought I'd mention this, thanks for considering what I've said.

You may call this a necrobump, but considering the thread is pinned and marked important, it shouldn't be of too much trouble.

A timebomb can be scripted when someone loses in rps.

What if the guy who loses goes past the trap and lives? He'll end up dying without any reason. A time bomb on RPS fail is certainly plausible to be scripted (I do have past experience in programming, you can do that for sure, without too much trouble), it will end up being a troll/lone opportunist tool. The rule should be enforced via humans instead.

i feel important so that gives me the right to necrobump with marios because it's an important thread

After reading through this I think I have thought up a couple ways of solving this
1. A 24/7 Admin enforcing this but we all know those problems
2. The whole script thing but changed so when you are in a certain distance between traps and the time bomb is stopped when you exit that distance
3. Make it so that penalties are added to a person who after RPS and loses doesn't go through a trap let's say 3 penaties max 1st is that they can no longer jump (this may cause problems) 2nd is they can't move away from the trap and 3 is freeze bomb or time bomb

EDIT: those last two might be very difficult to code up but I dunno honestly just what I though could work

I believe it might be a good idea and everyone does it anyways so it wont be hard to get people to follow it as a real rule. Great idea!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread