Remove voting rights for people with no posts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

Simple suggestion - remove voting rights for people with no posts. Why?
So stuff like this won't occur:
3bdcd89da88be93a07b06c8909dcc1e4.png

Reactions: Joe
yes pls. I got +70 positive rates from guy, who is not active on forum, and never posted anything.

People who just joined cannot have an opinion? Ok.

Some people just want to lurk and tacitly acknowledge agreement or disagreement through ratings. I don't see why it matters. People with 5-10-20 posts aren't suddenly more cultivated in the art that is forum posts.

• Agree
Reactions: Conge and Jayy
I feel "big debate with useless ending - edition 2" coming up.

pyro_loves_you_by_spaderabbit66.png
Sorry, I couldn't resist the autistic urge

What I am against, is people creating fake accounts just to op their own account and dislike others accounts.

Erm. I can assure you Aleks304 is a different person who is un-attached from panda itself. There's a group of them really, checking out panda forums now and then.

But I can assure you Aleks is not from here. He isn't a duplicate or a fake.

They are just rating to get a reaction and try to piss people off, reminds me of Sundwarf (blank)

It's not like votes were important, really, it's not like your post will get deleted if it received a tons of dislikes or that your opinion will be the only way to think just because you received a "Winner" vote.
As soon as you share your opinion publicly, you're also taking the risk to get judged, the fact is, instead of having a group of people talking shit (or not) behind you in real life, here they got votes, and it's not supposed to matter which votes they give, as long as you can stand for your ideas.
You're not supposed to change the way you talk/think just to receive a "good point" to feed your ego. There are assholes everywhere, just find a way to deal with them, instead of thinking that they'll magically disappear one day.

It's not because that I'm worried about my own or others amounts of likes, but I feel like it's an easy way, as Joe said, to piss off people they don't like by constantly disliking their posts, just because it's that person.

• Agree
Reactions: Madact
It's not because that I'm worried about my own or others amounts of likes, but I feel like it's an easy way, as Joe said, to piss off people they don't like by constantly disliking their posts, just because it's that person.

Well, that is abusing rating system. Usually Kevin bans those.

I believe that Kevin receives an e-mail message every time someone registers on the forums. The message also shows any other accounts that have logged in with the same ip address. Also, have we ever actually caught anyone rating their own posts (or abusing the rate system in general) with a fake account?

I think that everyone should have the right to rate other people's posts, whether they had posted anything or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread