Declined Remove Random Crits from US 2Fort (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyro

I don't like this mechanic at all, honestly, and iircc eu 2fort had random crits removed. I think it would lend to a healthier experience and its generally not very fun with the tryharding soldier keeps getting random crockets after stomping any newbie he finds.

I personally find way more cons to random crits than pros, but im not uncle dane so i wont take up all your day. I just think the server experience would be nicer without them ?

I've seen this somewhere before. . . I just cant figure out where.

I've seen this somewhere before. . . I just cant figure out where.

It was for EU only. This appears to be the US version.

• Informative
Reactions: Kyro and Ian
We've had this on EU 2Fort for a while now and it's uhhh, okay? I think it's made people less competitive but I honestly wouldn't be too sure about it. People have resorted to other ways of getting crits as you can see lots more medics using the kritzkrieg or pyros using the phlog for whatever reason, also I've noticed people capping more(?).

All in all, remove them or leave them, people will still try to get crits since it gives them quite a thrill, and I don't blame them since it gives the game a bit of chaos and randomness.

I won't vote on the poll, just wanted to give my thoughts on this.

We've had this on EU 2Fort for a while now and it's uhhh, okay? I think it's made people less competitive but I honestly wouldn't be too sure about it. People have resorted to other ways of getting crits as you can see lots more medics using the kritzkrieg or pyros using the phlog for whatever reason, also I've noticed people capping more(?).

All in all, remove them or leave them, people will still try to get crits since it gives them quite a thrill, and I don't blame them since it gives the game a bit of chaos and randomness.

I won't vote on the poll, just wanted to give my thoughts on this.
I don't really see how removal of crits would make people use kritzkrieg or phlog more over the other mediguns and flamethrowers. Random crits weren't such a big deal for actually playing the game and getting kills - it's more that it was incredibly unfun to die to. I think it's more confirmation bias on your side

And even then, its not like I have any personal issue with those methods of getting crits. They are (for the most part) earned and given through circumstances you can foresee, you can't predict when a random crit rocket will suddenly be gibbing you from full health. I see people complain about getting hit by a random crit all the time, but very rarely complain about other types of crits.

I don't recall any massive complaints about the removal of them from eu, or at least havent seen such discussion, so i figure the change could be worth implementing to US too

I think the best method of getting crits is going heavy, equipping the pan or stock fists and rolling crits 90% of the time :)

but i like shooting a crocket and killing 5 enemies huddled together in the sewers

• Clever
  • Friendly
Reactions: Kyro and Spam Goose
tell me you dont know anything about tf2 without telling me you don't know anything about tf2
tell me you don't know I have 3k hours on tf2 without telling me you don't know I have 3k hours on tf2 (you're right, they probably were just having a hugging time)

Declining due to poll vote majority No.

Shame not really any US 2fort regulars on the forums to give their vote too but it is what it is.

• Sad
Reactions: Vecomti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread