• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme

Everytime on the next map change someone nominates tfdb_blucourt or tfdb_orbit and because it is known by many it is voted for and wins 90% of the time, it is nearly impossible to get on a new map.

If we removed the nominate command from these servers then we would get a wider choice and range of maps other than having to stick to just two maps.

Whether you like these two maps or not it does get very boring when we have to play on these two same maps every single map change, it is always a lot more fun when we get to play on a map that is rarely used because a lot of the maps that are currently on the server and are available are a lot better than these two same maps.

Another argument for this change:

Removing the nominate command could get rid of stealers and people who come on the server purposely for the reason to just troll and mess around because it's not a common server for them.

This could help because when people want to find a one-off server to go on they often search up for maps that are common. For example, before I found panda-community I would just search in common map names like tfdb_octagon and tfdb_groove, so if someone is looking for a server to play on once to steal, block and break rules then they would most likely be specifying these common maps.

If we removed nominate these servers it would be less full of stealers and blockers due to the fact it won't just be common maps on the roll so it's a lot less likely someone will search for a map which isn't often used.

Today no one bothered to nominate a map so we went onto a map which no one recognized.

Straight away people nominated and rtv'd it away without even giving the map a chance (the map was actually really fun for the two rounds we played it) and the map then changed to blucourt (I presume, I left).

This seriously should be removed, it's a lot more fun when we get to play on an uncommonly used map.

Clearly if that many people rtv straight away you're one of the few present who wants to play that map. It's definitely no fun for you but if people want it, people want it. Maybe we could find a compromise, like in VSH and deathrun there are map cooldowns. Putting a cooldown of 3 maps in Dodgeball would help.

Isn't there script , so maps can be on a "cooldown" for Like an hour or something?

So like, "Cannot select this map because it was recently played"?

Exactly. The map cannot be selected in the nominate menu; it will be coloured in pure white and it will say (Recently played). In VSH the cooldown is 3 maps before a map can be nominated and played again, seems suitable for Dodgeball as well.

So like, "Cannot select this map because it was recently played"?
Exactly. The map cannot be selected in the nominate menu; it will be coloured in pure white and it will say (Recently played). In VSH the cooldown is 3 maps before a map can be nominated and played again, seems suitable for Dodgeball as well.
Yes exactly , maby put in a timer, so they can see how long it takes , so they can vote on it?

This idea seems a lot more reasonable and an appropriate compromise. The votes for yes or no on this poll are nearly equal with yes getting just a tiny bit more votes.
I think adding a cooldown would be the best idea here.

• Friendly
Reactions: EvoWarrior5
I can't see why removing map nominations is a suitable idea in the slightest, everyone would hate that.

The reason those maps are played a lot is because they're good. Blucourt is a medium range map, and octagon short, with no annoying map gripes - downspike pits, exploits, colours, etc etc.

It's just fact that quite a lot of dodgeball maps are pretty bad if you want to play seriously, and sure maps like glass floor are great for a dick about, but not properly. A lot are flawed in that way. All the maps bar a few, are just big boxes of space.
People can easily circumvent that by going blucourt > redcourt > octagon > box space > box night > blucourt etc etc.

You'll find that if you nominate a map first, it'll get chosen. This is because people just whack 1 without looking because they don't care. Not referring to people that know the maps, but more for those stereotypical gibus/vision/merc pyros that can't do anything. I suggested to Kevin to put the nom options on 3/4/5/6/7 etc, like Pandemic and GFL have for example.
I've proved tonnes of times that I can get easily get the next map to be zouzou, pit, glass floor, dream island, party island, minecraft, stagezx or lazarz, even if map #2 is blucourt.

• Agree
Reactions: MrBenedevil
I can't see why removing map nominations is a suitable idea in the slightest, everyone would hate that.

The reason those maps are played a lot is because they're good. Blucourt is a medium range map, and octagon short, with no annoying map gripes - downspike pits, exploits, colours, etc etc.

It's just fact that quite a lot of dodgeball maps are pretty bad if you want to play seriously, and sure maps like glass floor are great for a dick about, but not properly. A lot are flawed in that way. All the maps bar a few, are just big boxes of space.
People can easily circumvent that by going blucourt > redcourt > octagon > box space > box night > blucourt etc etc.

You'll find that if you nominate a map first, it'll get chosen. This is because people just whack 1 without looking because they don't care. Not referring to people that know the maps, but more for those stereotypical gibus/vision/merc pyros that can't do anything. I suggested to Kevin to put the nom options on 3/4/5/6/7 etc, like Pandemic and GFL have for example.
I've proved tonnes of times that I can get easily get the next map to be zouzou, pit, glass floor, dream island, party island, minecraft, stagezx or lazarz, even if map #2 is blucourt.
Well in this case maybe we should have @MrBenedevil's idea of changing the vote numbers to 5,6,7,8 instead of 1,2,3,4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread