Remove dr_minecaves from map roster (1 Viewer)

daguywithdashadow

Could you remove dr_minecaves from the current map roster?

The map is buggy, ugly and incredibly unfair. Compared to better maps like safety_first and dungeon, I have no idea how it managed to get onto the server.

Unfair how?
The map is fine in my eyes if you want to remove a map then give more of a reason.

Unfair how?
The map is fine in my eyes if you want to remove a map then give more of a reason.
Well, the fact there are, not one, not two, around three "fake door/path" traps, an invisible afk killer that moves across the map, killing anyone stuck on any traps, and the fact that the map uses pretty ugly textures (i mean, its as if they were pulled straight from minecraft). But, if there are people who like this map, good for them.

Well, the fact there are, not one, not two, around three "fake door/path" traps, an invisible afk killer that moves across the map, killing anyone stuck on any traps, and the fact that the map uses pretty ugly textures (i mean, its as if they were pulled straight from minecraft). But, if there are people who like this map, good for them.
I've seen many people make it passed these traps, I see no point in removing it just because of a few traps.

The fast AFK killer is an issue, but it's pretty easy to complete if you're smart/quick about it.
There is nothing game breaking about this map. If people don't like it then they shouldn't vote for it when map voting comes around. I suggest if you don't want it you do a !nominate near the beginning of the new map. That way the ones near the top of the voting system have a better chance at making it to next map.
Also there is a cool down for each map, an rtv and what I mentioned previously a nominate system. I rarely see minecaves make it to the rotation o.o

Minecaves is a very annoying map, I agree to that, but there is no reason to remove it from the rotation because I see a lot of people who actually like the map. I see no actual reason to removing this map either, but if we ever start removing maps that we don't like this probably tops my list :p

• Agree
Reactions: Lukas
The fast AFK killer is an issue, but it's pretty easy to complete if you're smart/quick about it.
Can easily be fixed. Might fix it sometime next week if it's a such big problem.

Reactions: Madact
Unfortunately I can't do shit without the original vmf file. All textures dissappear upon decompile. Sorry.

I must say that the "afk killer" on this map is the most stupid one I have ever seen, it's pretty much just trigger_hurts all over the map, which activates after 60 (first) to 210 (last) seconds.

Oh poo bum :( Well it's not really an issue unless we get a couple of more people on the forums who want it removed. One opinion isn't enough to spark dat poll!

Thanks Ka for looking into it though :) But yeah it's annoying how fast it is. Maybe should be named more of a delay killer, but I just call them AFK killers x)

Users who are viewing this thread