HowTo Record a Demo (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR you could just run fraps and record when needed.
I say this because having to remember commands for the console can sometimes be the last thing on your mind,and downloading/converting them can be a real pain. Demos also don't contain chat logs so you will have to screencap those as well. Fraps does all this in 1 video,and saves the file for you as well!

Kitty Cat' said:
OR you could just run fraps and record when needed.
I say this because having to remember commands for the console can sometimes be the last thing on your mind,and downloading/converting them can be a real pain. Demos also don't contain chat logs so you will have to screencap those as well. Fraps does all this in 1 video,and saves the file for you as well!

for those of you that don't have fraps full,i can provide a download for a free full fraps version.
The main problem is that Fraps only records your POV (and that the file sizes are massive).
A demo pretty much keeps the executed commands of any player (including the chat, so your arguement is invalid), and you can see everyone's POV.
And that thing with the convertion, you don't have to convert anything, you just run the demo in-game by using playdemo demoname. One last thing, I don't think
the Admins would fancy you providing illegal stuff to people. Just sayin'.

In addition, not everyone got a computer that can handle FRAPS, and because demos just write into a .dem file everything that happens in the server so later when you play it, it will create a TF2 server and just relay all the commands that happened in the demo.

sorry for necrobump but i have question how can you open a dem file

You can only play them while TF2 is launched. You need to type playdemo in your console and then the title of the demo. When you start typing a little menu will pop up below it with possible demos so it's easy.

Why would you need pics for that? You go to the console, you type playdemo, and then the title. If you have a demo that you need to play you'll see it for yourself when you do it.

it says with me cnnot read hacker <-- name of demo

first download the demo you want to view, move it in \steam\steamapps \common\team fortress 2\tf then open tf2, open console and type playdemo ''demoname.dem''

Yay, now I know how to view a demo! Too bad this guide and apparently all other guides left out how to upload demos because it appears as if youtube and everything else is not compatible with .dem files! Hooray, I have a hacker report that only I can view!

Yay, now I know how to view a demo! Too bad this guide and apparently all other guides left out how to upload demos because it appears as if youtube and everything else is not compatible with .dem files! Hooray, I have a hacker report that only I can view!

Upload it to one of the following hoster: Google Drive, Mediafire, Mega, Zippyshare, Dropbox or another file hoster.

Holy fuck you're stupid

No need to be mean he might be learning

Anyone with the slightest amount of brainpower and independent thinking would gather than .dems can be uploaded anywhere due to small sizes and played by anyone with a TF2 client. There's nothing innocent about not knowing how to Google something, or use common sense to work it out.

Anyone with the slightest amount of brainpower and independent thinking would gather than .dems can be uploaded anywhere due to small sizes and played by anyone with a TF2 client. There's nothing innocent about not knowing how to Google something, or use common sense to work it out.
I did Google it. The main things that came up were the wiki guide (doesn't say how to upload) and a guide from the steam forums (doesn't say how to upload). After reading this, it may be rather clear in hindsight to use one of the websites listed above, but I'm used to working with TF2 replays, which go to Youtube. I assumed their lesser counterparts would work in a similar fashion.

Now I have a post with 5 "This post is dumb" stamps on it and people questioning my amount of brain cells. Did I mention how nice this community has been to me?

Holy IDon'tHaveEnoughClassToFindALessCudeWordToUseWhenTalkingToSomeoneIDon'tKnowBecauseThisIsTheInternetSoForgetOtherPeople'sFellings,TheyCan'tConfrontMeAndThusIHaveNoConsequencesForMyActions you're stupid
Holy gosh, you're rude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread