Re-appealing Zlj's gag (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlj

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=zlj&advType=name
Name of your Banned Steam Account: zlj
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46442283
Date and Time of the Ban: 2017-11-06 19:32:03
Reason about the Ban: Racism, insulting
Admin that Banned you: Lighty
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

I think that being gagged for 3 years is enough of a punishment from a moderator who is no longer active. As I remember the reason stated isn't the one that holds true but it was a direct critique for the moderation style of the aforementioned mod that got me gagged. Even if it was true which is very uncharacteristic of me, I think i've done my time and It's only fair to be released on probation, and if an incident occurs again I will be happy to continue my silent ways as these past three years. It's a bit of shame when people try to communicate with me I'm not able to respond and they have this image of me as being unfriendly and pretentious.

Sorry for the formatting of the previous appeal, I just followed the primer others have set.

@Absinthe you're decision since Lighty is no longer with us.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Skull
I think that being gagged for 3 years is enough
silent ways as these past three years
It hasn't even been 2 and a half years, you're lying. Also you still have a mic.
of a punishment from a moderator who is no longer active
Being inactive does not make the punishment any less valid.
As I remember the reason stated isn't the one that holds true but it was a direct critique for the moderation style of the aforementioned mod that got me gagged.
Giving a critique of someone is not the same as straight up insulting them or being racist, both of which are against the rules.
I think i've done my time and It's only fair to be released on probation
I disagree, you are taking the entire appeal as a joke, calling my actions non valid and calling me questionable.
It's a 3 year old gag from a questionable Admin
If either of those 2 were true, you would've appealed it shortly after the punishment with a good reason as to why the punishment was invalid, and if my actions (and me) were questionable, I would't have been an admin.
I personally do not believe you changed for the better and disagree with being ungagged.

I'm doing an appeal 3 years later, that means I'm still regularly playing on the server and feel that I'm being cut out of the community. At least you can put me on parole and permagag me without the option for appealing if another incident occurs. Even people in prison are given that chance. I'm going against my pride here because I still firmly believe that it was a personal attack from the aforementioned admin but I'm willing to put that behind me and ask to be reintegrated back in the community. It's been 3 years for gods sake!

I'm doing an appeal 3 years later, that means I'm still regularly playing on the server and feel that I'm being cut out of the community. At least you can put me on parole and permagag me without the option for appealing if another incident occurs. Even people in prison are given that chance. I'm going against my pride here because I still firmly believe that it was a personal attack from the aforementioned admin but I'm willing to put that behind me and ask to be reintegrated back in the community. It's been 3 years for gods sake!

Well... Actually, no. If you had looked at Lighty's actual reply, you would find that he debunks that whole three years thing, and, prisoners that are in there for life do NOT get a chance for parole a good majority of the time (also, that defense wasn't really that great of a one in the first place, considering this is a computer game). Not just that, but if you've been ''no longer active'' then how have you served any proper time at all?

So, I have to completely side with Lighty unless you have some damn good evidence from here on out, and I fully believe that other trial admins/admins should also agree with Lighty, considering this was a justified ban.

Hello and sorry for the delay,

I agree with Lighty, but I do think that 2 years and 4 months should be enough for someone to think about their actions and change their ways of chatting in the servers. But I don't like you saying that if it happens again we can gag you permanently, because you should make the effort to prevent it from happening again.

Therefore I will accept your appeal. But be careful of what you type, your chat will be watched.

Behave.

Close and Accepted.

• Indifferent
Reactions: zlj, Waxel and Gold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread