Declined Raymonds Gag Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slasher342

SourceBans Ban URL:https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=slasher&Submit=Search (Im not sure if this is what you meant)
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Slasher 342 (Current name is Raymond)
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066804318/
Date and Time of the Ban: 10-13-18 16:03
Reason about the Ban: Spamming
Admin that Banned you: Madact
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I'm not sure how much good this will do attempting to appeal a gag but ill give it a go. To begin with, this ban was enacted yesterday when i wasn't even online (unless it happened as i was leaving). But more so to the point of what exactly i had done to deserve this gag, i'm not entirely sure. It says spamming but i don't really consider anything i do on the server to be considered as spam aside from some copypaste messages that i may say multiple times in one playing session but don't absolutely flood the chat with it which i would assume prevents me from being labeled as a spammer. And i feel that the majority of the server agrees with me. From what i can tell, nobody on the server sees me as a menace or a spammer or someone annoying. Most often they see me as the exact opposite, as more than half the time before admins came to the jailbreak server again after the previous admins resignation, When JM_Frost Would raid the server and kill everyone into which i would stop him from doing so. But im getting off topic, the point is i consider myself a good rule abiding player on the server who was actually planning on applying for moderator myself soon to get rid of jm permanently, and i've put more than enough hours to applicable for moderator. In closing, I really like the jailbreak server and its extremely disheartening when i see that i may be permanently gagged from speaking on the server (Which is a vital part of playing the game). I'm not sure if this was a mistake, or if one of my actions were genuinely deemed as inappropriate but i want to make it right now while i still can. Any and all responses are appreciated.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dandy
  • Funny
Reactions: Slasher342 and PNN
It says spamming but i don't really consider anything i do on the server to be considered as spam aside from some copypaste messages that i may say multiple times in one playing session but don't absolutely flood the chat with it which i would assume prevents me from being labeled as a spammer.

d) Chat spamming
Flooding the chat with the same message or with useless, unintelligible content that disrupt communication or are deemed otherwise irritating is forbidden. Additionally, refrain from typing in caps.

• Funny
Reactions: TWC and ChipZ
none
d) Chat spamming
Flooding the chat with the same message or with useless, unintelligible content that disrupt communication or are deemed otherwise irritating is forbidden. Additionally, refrain from typing in caps.

none of it is typed in caps though, and i thought it was spaced out enough to where it wouldnt be considered spam

• Dislike
Reactions: Dandy
I don't consider 10 "Dont forget to like and subscribe...bla bla" spaced out.

I am not sure if this is taken as advertisement aswell, so I am not judging you on that, but rule 2c forbids advertisement. The advertisement rule is about other products and communities, not sure if it counts on youtube channels? Maybe on this one due to a little spam advertise? Someone please tell me if I am wrong on that :p

I don't consider 10 "Dont forget to like and subscribe...bla bla" spaced out.

I am not sure if this is taken as advertisement aswell, so I am not judging you on that, but rule 2c forbids advertisement. The advertisement rule is about other products and communities, not sure if it counts on youtube channels? Maybe on this one due to a little spam advertise? Someone please tell me if I am wrong on that :p

i had no idea that advertisement was against the rules

If you look at the block of 10 msgs, you can see its all under the same 3:18 which means you said that in the same MINUTE.

Additionally, there is a reason why there is CAPS SPAM, and Chat Spam.
Not all Chat Spam is CAPS spam, but Chat Spam is still Chat Spam.

3:18:02 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"
3:18:05 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"
3:18:08 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"
3:18:11 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"
3:18:14 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"
3:18:17 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"
3:18:20 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"
3:18:23 PM "this message isnt in caps but Im sending it every 3 seconds but its not caps so its not chat spam"

So yeah. Point made I think, lol.

If you look at the block of 10 msgs, you can see its all under the same 3:18 which means you said that in the same MINUTE.

Additionally, there is a reason why there is CAPS SPAM, and Chat Spam.
Not all Chat Spam is CAPS spam, but Chat Spam is still Chat Spam.

3:18:02 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"
3:18:05 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"
3:18:08 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"
3:18:11 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"
3:18:14 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"
3:18:17 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"
3:18:20 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"
3:18:23 PM "I never made this argument but i made a mistake just like everyone on the planet does"

So yeah. Point made I think, lol.

can you send me the link to the console you got this out of?

Hello Raymond,

You were gagged for spam because of a report filed against you which can be found here.
Here is a link to your chat log since you've asked for it.

Spamming and flooding are completely different. Flooding is when you spam so much that the server literally stops you from posting till the cool down is over. Spamming is just a rapid chat posts between the 1-10 seconds of the same message(or different variety in a short period sent too fast). It can include cap spamming yes, but yours is not cap spam.

You've received a permanent gag because your communication blocks have acclimated to 6. Your communication blocks haven't been stacked properly, so it might have come to you as a shock for it suddenly to hit that much of a high level so fast. I do apologise for that but that's something that is up to other administrators, not me.

Your gag does not block you from using your microphone. You are still free to use that. I know you use your microphone and overall I have not seen you break rules on voice.

I'm not exactly willing to lift your communication block just yet. I usually give permanent punishments a 3 month cool down before giving a second chance. So I am going to have to decline this and you are free to post an appeal in the future to receive your un-gag.
During this time, please familiarise yourself with our general rules.
Any questions feel free to PM on the forums or add me on steam. I don't bite ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread