1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join us on our discord server for fun gaming evenings, discussions, music and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you!
    Dismiss Notice

Pocketing Snipers

Discussion in 'Duel - 193.192.59.191:27015' started by MiroSlave, Dec 3, 2017.

1. MiroSlave

MiroSlave Donator
    Donator

Steam:
    Hello there,

So recently we added a rule prohibiting medics from healing snipers in spawn areas.
    I would suggest expanding that rule, so that medics are no longer allowed to pocket snipers at all on the entire map.
    There is nothing more annoying, than a sniper that doesnt die in one hit. Even Valve changed the darwins danger shield so snipers no longer can survive a headshot.
    This is a duel server after all and i think changing that rule would save a lot of players some braincells (me for example). This also keeps people from teaming up against one specific player in the enemy team and makes fights more fair.

Have a nice day, Miro°

2. Kyl3

Kyl3 Active Member

Steam:
    charge your shot lol

3. Husky

Husky Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

Charging your shot and taking a quick well aimed shot is the difference between life and death. If you charge your shot in a sniper battle you're fucked cause you have your movement speed lowered making you an easier target.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. fanthom

fanthom Gameserver Admin
    Gameserver Admin

Steam:
    Just gonna add that charging your shot and hitting it while a spammy demo and soldier spawncamp the gate isnt the easiest thing to do

5. Evert

Evert Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

While I personally don't think it's that big of a deal outside spawn, I can definitely relate to the frustration it causes. Especially when two (or more!) players hook up to ruin your day.

This is true and it can be frustrating, but I feel like we don't need to introduce rules just because we're having a hard time killing someone.

While I'm feeling neutral on this suggestion for now, if push comes to shove and my opinion decides the outcome, I'll vote in favor :)
    Also, might I suggest using my plugin as a solution to this problem? Even if we don't expand the rules and only forbid healing in spawn, I'm sure it'll prevent a lot of headaches.
    @Kevin@Kevin lmk if you wanna install my plugin, I'll perform some extra tests 'n stuff

6. Morp

Morp New Member

Steam:
    I agree with you. But why both snipers don't use "The Razorback" in the duel, so they can't get overhealed...?:thinking:

7. Evert

Evert Trial Gameserver Admin
    Trial Gameserver Admin

Because equipping an item is a voluntary action. We want this to be enforced since it's a rule.

Your comment reminds me that the recent update would allow use of the "patient overheal penalty" attribute. Which used to be broken IIRC (or not viable in combination with old DDS...).
    This might be more convenient than my current implementation of refusing health from medics altogether. Thanks for that! ;)
    I'll try to implement it later today.

Also, @Kevin@Kevin , why are you ignoring this? :( We depend on your attention! (and love :nekoheart:)