Playtime restriction for Admin applications on USA DB (1 Viewer)

Should we keep a playtime restriction for Admin applications on USA DB?

• No, it's fine this way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mignone_roy20

I don't know if it's the good place to put this, but it's a suggestion so yeah, feel free to move it.
-----
So apparently the rules for applying as Admin on USA DB changed while I was gone.

To be honest, I don't really approve what happened. For me, the playtime restriction is really important as it prevents people who obly just joined the server to apply right away. Removing this can only bring problems, as it's already happening with people applying when they never came on the actual server.

I then suggest to keep the playtime restriction for USA Dodgeball, but as there are not many people meeting the 72 hours requirement, we could just put a lower playtime restriction.

We could cut it in half for 1 day, 12 hours, or even just 1 day. This way, more people could apply without having any problems with new people with solely 30 minutes, or no time at all. 2 days seem a lot for USA DB and 12 hours, not enough, but I'll let the discussion go.

And if we're just going to keep it removed, at least put 1 hour or 2 so we know people joined the server at least once.

(Giving the poll 1 week for now)

Either 3 days or 1 and a half days as being able to apply without visiting the server defies logic.
It would probably be best if it was changed back or changed back but just reduced, less hassle for us too! :)

Small bump.

So far, the majority wants to keep the 3 days requirement. I'd say we could have 2 days instead of 3, but I really don't want to leave it this way (no playtime restriction).

Even with 3 days of playtime the users barely know how things are working from an Admin pov, that's why they always have a completly fucked up ban policy when they're applying.
Letting a Trial starting on a gamemod such as Dodgeball, which is this hard to administrate, as there literally are rulebreakers every 2 seconds, with only 3 days of playtime will only delay his/her Trial situation, as the applicant will need to spend a good ~week (and even, I'm soft by saying a week) before being decent enough to slay ~40% of stealers.
3 days were already critic for this gamemod, so going with an even lower playtime restriction is automatically a bad idea; not talking about removing completly the playtime restriction, as this is simply ridiculous and just a way to fill the gaps by letting everyone apply on USA Dodgeball server, so in this way this server, that no one visit, will be covered.
Even if the Trial position is here to let them get used to their responsabilities, as soon as a player decided to apply to become an Admin, he should already have a minimum to start with, instead of going with no cards at all, as applying to become an admin is supposed to be a serious thing, and not something that you decided in few minutes.

Reactions: mignone_roy20
I think it depends on their experience as an admin and how they can handle the situations also that it should be lowered a bit.

I think it depends on their experience as an admin and how they can handle the situations also that it should be lowered a bit.

I love how your post isn't objective at all though, while you're yourself applying for USA Dodgeball. Sounds like you are describing and defending your own app. while I'm reading this, "depends on their experience" -> You wrote that you've some, "it should be lowered a bit" -> You received some reproaches about your inexistent/super low activity on USA Dodgeball server ... Please.

Reactions: Flynt and Conge
I love how your post isn't objective at all though, while you're yourself applying for USA Dodgeball. Sounds like you are describing and defending your own app. while I'm reading this, "depends on their experience" -> You wrote that you've some, "it should be lowered a bit" -> You received some reproaches about your inexistent/super low activity on USA Dodgeball server ... Please.

Why do you always take the bad out of a situation..

plz this ain't a necrobump yet

Poll has closed yesterday, people want the 3 days requirement back. I guess this will happen when all the staff changes are done, but ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread