Player report (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hacker logged in on db 1 and started emm some kind of stealing accounts and he kept playing a loud and anoying music and then he got perma banned and then came back without being unbanned.
what can you(admins) do about it?

Translation: the guy spams loud music on the mic and spams the chat full. He has a namehack so it's impossible to ban him without using /ban @aim. That assumes that he is actually playing. When he is sitting in spectator I cannot ban him: when I tried, I first banned the player whose name he had stolen, and then when I typed the same thing it said nobody was on the server with that name, even though his name had not changed yet.

One of the bans I issued was an IP ban; he clearly has dynamic IP. He seems to have given up for now as he has not returned. Good riddance, he probably realised that he'd best go be a fat cunt elsewhere rather than on a server that has admins to stop him.

Anyways, the question here is: how so we stop those things efficiently? If he had stayed in spec I would have been powerless.

Anyways, the question here is: how so we stop those things efficiently? If he had stayed in spec I would have been powerless.

Well wasn't there an anti-namehack plugin?

Translation: the guy spams loud music on the mic and spams the chat full. He has a namehack so it's impossible to ban him without using /ban @aim. That assumes that he is actually playing. When he is sitting in spectator I cannot ban him: when I tried, I first banned the player whose name he had stolen, and then when I typed the same thing it said nobody was on the server with that name, even though his name had not changed yet.

One of the bans I issued was an IP ban; he clearly has dynamic IP. He seems to have given up for now as he has not returned. Good riddance, he probably realised that he'd best go be a fat cunt elsewhere rather than on a server that has admins to stop him.

Thanks!

I just thought that kevin could do something for it.
That's why i made this player report

• Optimistic
Reactions: mermite
You should be able to ban him through SourceBans, check the list of connected players

When there's two people with the same name, you need to know which one the guy is. To do that you'd first have to check GameMe which SteamID corresponds with the original name owner.

Though, granted, it takes a bit of time, but it is a way to do it if he sits in spectator and ban @aim is no option.

I've dealt with something like this before but you have to be there in the server at the time it's happening. I usually monitor the player server number (you know, the number goes like #4059) and see which one constantly changes it's name and just ban that number. But if he keeps coming back he needs a ip ban through sourcebans.

Anyways, has this happened just recently? Someone all ready dealt with it?

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: Kah and Foxxy
The appropriate action would have been to use status about 3 times, when they changed name, then used condump to print it to a txt file, then compare the UIDs of the people with identical names at each instance, then find the reoccurring ID.

Then ban the whole IP range to prevent alts.

Also this report is nigh useless.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kevin
So basically the only thing an admin can do is Muting one of the 2 players having the same name to recognize the hacker as the spam will go off then as soon as possible ban him for a week or so. After this action can't we access his IP from the recently banned players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread