Accepted Persi's Admin Application - Jailbreak (#17) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persi

Hello Everyone, I'm Persi: here's my Admin Application!

In game name (Steam):

My in-game name is Persi.

I am 16 years old.

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:56671828

Time zone and online time:

My time zone is GMT+1 (Italy). During the weekdays, being a student, I play a bit less. I'm usually online from 15 to 16 and then from 20:00 to 22:30. Somedays I'm not busy studying so I am online more. On Saturdays and Sundays I'm online from 15:00 to 24:00. During the holidays I'm usually online from 10:00 to 24:00.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?

I play on Jailbreak #17 most of the time, I love the game mode, and I want to apply for Jailbreak. Sometimes I also play Dodge Ball, Saxton Hale and Freak Fortress 2.
I would be happy to join other servers to punish bad behavior in case of a report, if my help
was needed.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I do.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod:
Unfortunately, I do not have any big experience as an Admin, however last year I was an Admin in Minecraft on one of my friends server, for about 2 months (the server had about 50 player slots). Some months after the server opened it was shut down. I didn't get the chance to be involved in a lot of action, but it still taught me something and I learned some commands.

Do you have any experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Unfortunately, I do not, since I've never been an admin in a Source Game.

Although I'm pretty confident that I would learn the commands quickly.

Why should we choose you to be a part of the team?

I would really like to help the team to administrate the server and to make sure that the jailbreak players can play normal rounds without problems and players breaking the rules.

I think that I would a good job as an Admin: I have been playing Jailbreak for a long time and as my Signature says I have more than 10 days of total play time on the server, so I have experience and I know all the rules.

I think I'm also a fun, kind and helpful player. I always try to be polite and kind and I often try to help new players, telling them what they're doing wrong if they break any rule and giving them some tips on how to play in the blue team. And I'll try to do the same thing if I'll be chosen to be an admin: I'll try to be fair to new players and I'll try to tell them what is wrong and how to fix their behaviour, if they are willing to listen and to improve themselves as players.

But despite the fact that I'll try to help new players, I will always give to every rule breaker the right punishment, to keep the server as clean and enjoyable as possible.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Finally, here are the polices that I would enact if I was chosen to be an Admin.

· Freekillng:
-If it was a mistake, If the freekilling player was aware of his error and apologized, then I would simply respawn the freekilled player.
-If the player freekilled and didn't recognize his error and didn't apologize then I would slay him and tell him that it's against the rules and I would warn him that if continues he'll be banned. Of course if continued to freekill, I would give him a guard ban.

· Failing as Warden:
-If it was the first time the player failed as warden and had no other bans for failing as warden, I would just slay him (restart the round, if that was the case) and warn him that failing as warden is forbidden.
-If the player continued to fail as warden, or he already had bans for failing then I would guard ban him.

· Mass-Freekill:
-If the player was new and he didn't have any previous ban for mass freekilling, then I would slay him and tell him that mass freekilling is strictly forbidden. I would also invite him to go to the red team to see how the game works before going to blue again.
-If the player continued to do that or he already had bans for mass-freekilling then I would give him a guard ban.

· Teamkilling:
-If it was a genuine mistake and the teamkilling player apologized, I would just respwan the teamkilled player.
-If the player is new and it's the first time he teamkills a Blue teammate then I would respawn the teamkilled player, and I would warn the teamkiller that teamkills are forbidden.
-if he teamkills again or the player had already teamkilled, then I would give a guardban.

· Not having a microphone in the blue team:
At first I would warn the player that he needs to use his mic to be in the blue team. If after that he still didn't use it, then I would guard ban him.

· Spam in the chats/Overtalking:
-In case of spam I would give to all the players a first general warning to stop. if the spamming player went on, I would give him a final and specific warning. If he continued to spam, then I would of course mute/gag him.
-If the player was spamming music or other random things, I would warn him only once and if he didn't stop I would give him a mute/gag.

· Hacking:
It's unlikely to happen on jailbreak, but if that was the case, I would follow the standard procedure: after recording a demo, I would ban the player, I would inform my mentor and then I would send the demo to a full admin, so that he can permaban the player.

About the length of the bans: they will probably be around 120 minutes and 240 minutes for frekilling and teamkilling, according to the situation, and around 60 minutes for spamming and mic-spamming. Of course if I am chosen, I will discuss the banlenghts with my mentor.

And this is the end of my application. I thank everybody for the time spent reading this and the time they will spend to evaluate me and my application.

I hope you'll consider to make me a part of your team!

-Persi

The application is laid out nicely, and the policies are well detailed.

The only policy I would like to highlight is the "Mass freekilling" policy.
It depends entirely on the player, if they connect for the first time (1,000 GameME points), and they instantly go BLU and start freekilling, I do not give them another chance. It's either an instant 240 guard ban or a permanent guard ban, + a 1 day ban for standard mass freekilling. If it was a genuine mistake (which is rare), then I'll give them a decreased guard ban to let them cool down in the RED team.

This player does have a microphone (clear as well) and is a very experienced warden, and very rarely makes mistakes during his warden rounds.

I can say that this player has dramatically improved over the last few months (since I first saw him in the server).

He now actively seeks to enforce the rules, and uses the call system where required. There have been almost 0 instances where I've had to warn this player, let alone punish, about any wrongdoing. He knows the rules of the server, and if he has any questions, asks me about it when I am online and in the server.

This player is friendly to most of the community players, including the freekillers, which is a bit.. odd. But it means that he has become patient with the rulebreakers, which during the earlier days, he was not.

While the bans and communication blocks weight against the player, I do believe he would become an asset with time and guidance.

I'll keep my vote neutral for now, and I'll tag @Black Bread as his voice is needed for this.

Your Application is really nice written and very detailed.

@Cammy already said it but i will say it again. If he is a new player (1,000 Points) and he freekilled more than 3 people without a reason i would perma guardban him/her and ban him/her for 1 day(it depends if he/she already got banned for "Massive Freekilling")

You really changed your attitude to a good player. Your were horrible the first time I met you, but now you don't break any rules anymore and it makes fun playing with you.

His Mic is really good. It's better than most of the other BLU's.

You have many communication blocks and bans but i think you will be a good admin.
So i give you a +1 for your application.

Good Luck, ;)

Reactions: Persi
form an outside standpoint this is a great application, from only seeing application but not knowing the person it leads me to think this person is well through out and ill be happy to give you a +.5

• Dislike
Reactions: Persi and Mr.Pig
The only policy I would like to highlight is the "Mass freekilling" policy.
It depends entirely on the player, if they connect for the first time (1,000 GameME points), and they instantly go BLU and start freekilling, I do not give them another chance. It's either an instant 240 guard ban or a permanent guard ban, + a 1 day ban for standard mass freekilling. If it was a genuine mistake (which is rare), then I'll give them a decreased guard ban to let them cool down in the RED team.

@Cammy already said it but i will say it again. If he is a new player (1,000 Points) and he freekilled more than 3 people without a reason i would perma guardban him/her and ban him/her for 1 day(it depends if he/she already got banned for "Massive Freekilling")

I didn't think of that, now I understand. I'll surely take note of that if I'll be chosen for admin, thanks for the correction!

Also thank you very much for your comments @Cammy and @Black Bread , for having said these positive things about me and for having said that now I am a good player. Thank you very much for your support.

Also thank you very much @DrunkDoc for your support, I'm glad to know that you liked the application. And thank you as well @EvoWarrior5 for your comment.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Speedy and DrunkDoc
Oh hey persi! Finally you applied well everything was said above. I just want to say that it's fun playing fun playing with you, you know the rules and your a great person, really calm and you have many experience on the blue team. You have my SUPPORT

Oh hey persi! Finally you applied well everything was said above. I just want to say that it's fun playing fun playing with you, you know the rules and your a great person, really calm and you have many experience on the blue team. You have my SUPPORT
Thank you very much Speedy!

• Funny
Reactions: Speedy
So hello persi since i Play on the jailbreak server's from time to time i know you a bit and i can just say you are a realy nice Person. Also your application Looks great and i am sure you will be a good admin so you have my SUPPORT.
so good luck with your app.

So hello persi since i Play on the jailbreak server's from time to time i know you a bit and i can just say you are a realy nice Person. Also your application Looks great and i am sure you will be a good admin so you have my SUPPORT.
so good luck with your app.

Thank you very much @XenoX!

Well time for me to do my word, first of all I'd like to note that I Support this application. Second of all I honestly think with some guidance Persi will make a good admin, he's changed allot since a few months ago and I think (repeating myself) that he'd be a great admin.

bit off-topic: I'd also like to note that he came from HOPJB so he had to adjust quite a bit to the rules and such, I came from there to and the rules there are horrific as for example anyone could be a warden at any given time there.

Well time for me to do my word, first of all I'd like to note that I Support this application. Second of all I honestly think with some guidance Persi will make a good admin, he's changed allot since a few months ago and I think (repeating myself) that he'd be a great admin.

bit off-topic: I'd also like to note that he came from HOPJB so he had to adjust quite a bit to the rules and such, I came from there to and the rules there are horrific as for example anyone could be a warden at any given time there.

Thank you very much Swaggy! @Monkeyz-senpai

Im not playing on jail server so much,but when i play i saw Persi he is warning people when they break rules.And actually one of the best app i have been ever seen.I Support this application.Good Luck!

Im not playing on jail server so much,but when i play i saw Persi he is warning people when they break rules.And actually one of the best app i have been ever seen.I Support this application.Good Luck!

Thank you very much for your support Canlock!

Reactions: Canlock
I played with him a considerable amount of time yesterday. I asked to see if he can warden for a bit and he did, he was pretty good. He also mentioned the rules to people to remind them and stuff. The application is excellent and so long as you have learnt your lesson from your past mistakes then I'm happy enough to give you a shot.

+1. Keep up the good work, hopefully you won't let us down.

• Agree
Reactions: Canlock
I played with him a considerable amount of time yesterday. I asked to see if he can warden for a bit and he did, he was pretty good. He also mentioned the rules to people to remind them and stuff. The application is excellent and so long as you have learnt your lesson from your past mistakes then I'm happy enough to give you a shot.

+1. Keep up the good work, hopefully you won't let us down.

Thank you very much Madact for your support! I promise I won't let you down!

just letting you know that your app is under review.

Reactions: Maxim
accepted, welcome in the team :)
your mentor during your trial phase will be @Cammy, should you have any questions feel free to ask any of us.

Reactions: Maxim and Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread