Not open for further replies.
SourceBans Ban URL: Panda Community SourceBans
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Seuin
Steam ID 4206942069
Date and Time of the Ban:2020-06-04 00:47:02
Reason about the Ban: Inappropriate
Admin that Banned you: Bambi
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

After pondering my case for a week, I came to the conclusion there was, in my opinion, sufficient reason to shorten my mute length to equate to the amount of time I am gagged for, which is one month, ending on July 4th at 12:43:49 AM.

I was muted for the reason of “inappropriate”. The context for the situation is that I was talking about graphic sexual imagery to another player. I do not believe that this justifies a permanent mute, especially considering this is only my second offense of being inappropriate. The first offense occurred while I was sleeping, and there was no interaction or specification of my infraction on that part. All I received in terms of communication was that I was gagged for one week for being inappropriate and harassing admins. Obviously I did not attach this to sex talk.

For further context, I was gagged for one month for a few minutes beforehand for toxicity. I do not debate this, and I am willing to take the one month gag for my actions, however I do want to shorten my mute to be at most one month from the time it was invoked. Looking back, I now understand the impact that toxicity can have on a community. If toxicity goes unchecked, it creates an environment of insecurity and general unhappiness among the people involved in that community. However, I do not believe that my charges of toxicity would justify the leap from having never been muted before, to being gagged for one week for inappropriate talk, to being permanently muted for inappropriate talk. Again, there was no communication towards me as to what exactly I was saying that was inappropriate, I was never linked to a demo that would show me an instance of inappropriate speech, so I had absolutely no clue that what I was saying at the time I received the permamute was wrong. As such, I believe that a simple communication of “Hey, don’t say that” would have sufficed in terms of disciplinary action. I would understand a week long mute, or maybe even a month long mute to coincide with my gag, but I certainly don’t understand being permanently muted.

To conclude, I understand that my toxic actions were wrong, and I am now aware that sex talk is not allowed on panda servers, and as such, I will adjust my behavior accordingly. I do not wish to be the reason that Panda community dies out and becomes associated with toxic players, so I will curb my behavior on the server to become a respectful and welcoming member of the community.

STEAM_0:0:97583765, I gave the wrong steam ID

• Clever
Reactions: fanthom
The comm-blocks do stack, hence why you got perm muted. Don’t matter if it’s your "only" 2nd time being inappropriate. I also remember you and Bambi talk about it in shoutbox.

here is chatlog

anyways, good luck on appeal regardless!

@Bambi

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: fanthom
Yes, I'm aware they do stack, and I remember the chat logs. To that I can simply say that I was upset and acted out of line.

• Dumb
Reactions: Tolfx and PNN
Yes, I'm aware they do stack, and I remember the chat logs. To that I can simply say that I was upset and acted out of line.
In addition, I address in my appeal a realization I've come to that being toxic is just bad for the community and for individuals playing the game. These chat logs can represent an old, pre-epiphany Seuin that thought being toxic was funny and didn't understand the effect that it had on the community, but I can assure Panda that I will avoid being toxic in the future in an effort to keep the JB community thriving.

It's not easy to get a permanent ban, you have to be really consistently toxic (and in your case, racist too). It's the longest ban (obviously) and admins don't give them out without serious thinking. If we attempt to equate this to the legal system, this is like our panda version of a life sentence and once every ten years convicts are given a parole to see if they have changed. Now obviously, no one is going to ask you to wait 10 years, that would be silly, but you could wait a while to make sure you wont do the same thing again. Sure, you may think you've changed (or trying to convince us you have) but give it a while, mull it over for a couple months and reflect upon why you got the banned in the first place; after all, no one is given parole after 6 days!

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
My guy, check my recent appeal. Too early. You mentally can’t change your ways in 6 days. Hell, I couldn’t change mine in 2 years. Try wait at least a couple months or a year.

Last edited:
  • Bad Spelling
Reactions: Tolfx
You haven't been just asking kids on the server to rape you or whatever it is you say but also calling people whores, retards, bitches ect rather recently. You definitely knew this kind of behavior was unacceptable based on the previous punishments for that behavior yet you didn't listen. It hasn't been a week, and you already are trying to lie to my face saying you understand now. No, you clearly don't. And It's impossible for me to take you seriously at all.

The mute stays, the gag will wear off on July 4th. Don't try appealing this at all for the rest of the summer, I won't even hear it. Be glad you atleast have chat privileges in the future, don't cause any more trouble please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread