Declined Perma Ban Appeal, which was given without warning (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbloxi

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Superbloxi&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Superbloxi
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/superbloxi/
Date and Time of the Ban: 11-04-17 15:15
Reason about the Ban: Advertising Cheating Sites
Admin that Banned you: iceviet
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I had received a secondary ban for "advertising cheating sites" despite I had received a one day ban regarding this a few weeks back, and had not played since or sent any messages on your network. Yesterday, I had checked that on the 4th of November I had received a permanent ban for something that I received a 1 day ban prior, and had not been on any Panda Community servers from that point. I believe that this may have been a misunderstanding, and some resolution can come by soon. I will also be posting another ban appeal below which took before this current ban in which I had received no warnings by the admin "icevelt", even though it had expired, to give context to the entire situation.

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=Superbloxi&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Superbloxi
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/superbloxi/
Date and Time of the Ban: 10-27-17 12:05
Reason about the Ban: Advertising Cheating Sites
Admin that Banned you: iceviet
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I had been involved with a joke with players on the servers about binds, and I referred to a cheat which spams text that is infamously known in the community. Patmosphere, the person who submitted a report to the forums here: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/freak-fortress-13-report.14603/ , had asked me to "repeat that bloxi" as in the chat logs here, at Oct 25, 2017, 11:02:06 pm: https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/1291475

So unknowing to the consequence that I would face, I repeated the phrase which would ultimately get me banned. Without receiving any warning the next day prior to the incident, I had found that I had received a one day ban for "Advertising Cheating Sites". I believe that this ban was unfair because the admin who dealt with the situation "icevelt" had failed to give me a warning that what I had done was against the server rules.

Im gonna disagree with this one.
You where advertising cheating sites when you where talking, I warned you for that and give you 1 day.
Recently @Patmosphere told me about this and he told me about the cheating adv is on same levels has having cheats.
So i made it a perma for that because it is on the same levels as people having hacks.

And it is Iceviet not icevelt.

Recently @Patmosphere told me about this and he told me about the cheating adv is on same levels has having cheats.
And you don't think that's a little ridiculous?
Hell if you want to apply a permanent punishment a permanent silence would be appropriate but even that would be way over the top imo. To be fair I don't know how much he advertised it in voice but in his chatlog it's only two times, one time if patmosphere hadn't replied.
I know that discussion isn't new but permanently banning someone for """"advertising"""" cheats is just not right. Especially since it seems to me like it's a very unusual rule and on the servers there is no way to know it's against the rules. Not every player visits the forums and you cannot expect them to either.

Apologies for the typo Iceviet. From what you have written above, suggests that you are not familiar with the Panda-Community rules, as you are taking advice from a donator. I cannot comprehend that chatting about hacks is the same as using them, and what I have said was not a direct link or message directing to a particular cheating site. You have stated that you gave warning, so please provide a chat log link to prove it and I also believe that @Kevin should take a look at this, as these rules may have implications for other players.

Best regards, and hope for a quick resolution.

• Funny
Reactions: Lighty
From what you have written above, suggests that you are not familiar with the Panda-Community rules, as you are taking advice from a donator.
Patmos is an ex-admin, so am I, perming for advertising cheats was standard procedure when I left and to my knowledge still is.

I agree with what Zeprus said, but that's probably better off in the Suggestions.

EDIT: Let me point out that these are usually accepted if the individual in question promises not to advertise cheats again, but I dunno about the warning situation.

Reactions: Superbloxi
Thanks @TBotV63, for a prompt response. It might be for the best for @Kevin, to take a look at this, however I had never intended to “Advertise Cheating Sites” and I didn’t know that even mentioning the bind would get me into trouble, and @Patmosphere decided to take advantage of this. As an ex-admin he should have known better. Still, I had received no warning about this incident, and am waiting for @iceviet to supply evidence.

Thanks @TBotV63, for a prompt response. It might be for the best for @Kevin, to take a look at this, however I had never intended to “Advertise Cheating Sites” and I didn’t know that even mentioning the bind would get me into trouble, and @Patmosphere decided to take advantage of this. As an ex-admin he should have known better. Still, I had received no warning about this incident, and am waiting for @iceviet to supply evidence.
This is probably one of the most nuts phrases I've ever heard in my life. Ever. If you didn't want to advertise shit like lmaobox, in a first place you wouldn't had said something retarded like that. AND YES, I'M NOT GONNA CONTAIN MYSELF ON THIS COMMENT, since you and some other bastards made me pass one of the worst hours I've ever had on this server, since you all (the rulebreakers) were mocking me for enforcing the rules.
The message "repeat that bloxi" was sarcasm, because almost everyone who has been on a community server knows that typing that fucking bind into the chat may get you banned, plus: this shows also that you didn't even read the rules.
2) Communication rules:
c) Advertising

Advertising other products or other communities, or otherwise unwanted advertising, is forbidden.

With that stated, I'm not leaving this appeal getting accepted. Against.
Also, to clear it out, iceviet only committed a mistake while banning you, he had set the ban to 1 day but in the meanwhile on this community, advertising cheating sites results in a permanent ban, so that's why I've asked him to change the unfair lenght to the permanent one.

• Agree
Reactions: Hellboy
Good Morning @Patmosphere, thanks for your comment. Correct me if I am wrong, however, I understand that prior to a ban being applied, a warning should be issued. As I have not received any warnings, can @iceviet kindly lift the ban until he can prove that a warning had been issued. Otherwise, I can assume that @iceviet violates his own admin terms and conditions.

Last edited:
Good Morning @Patmosphere, thanks for your comment. Correct me if I am wrong, however, I understand that prior to a ban being applied, a warning should be issued. As I have not received any warnings, can @iceviet kindly lift the ban until he can prove that a warning had been issued. Otherwise, I can assume that @iceviet violates his own admin terms and conditions.
He wasn’t on the server while the ban was being addressed, he did that through the sourcebans system. I don’t know the reason why he said that he gave a warning to you since he was not present, maybe he got his mind confused with another player.
But still, this ban is valid by the fact that the admins don’t need to be present on the server at the moment of the report and you still got the guilt for nominating the cheating tool in a esplicit way.

Edit: if you really minded what was happening on the server, you could understand that I was trying to enforce the rules, and you came up straightly to me saying that you got “a cool bind”, then you’ve must been aware of what you were doing

• Disagree
Reactions: Zeprus
Thanks @Patmosphere, for clearing up the warning situation on behalf of @iceviet. The “cool bind” at https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/3346527 at Oct 25, 2017 11:01:51 pm was a response to @HEY! HEY MARIO! (aka @Patmosphere) on Oct 25, 2017 11:00:22 pm “with the binds horse” and decided as a joke to say, “so I need to find some horse tf2 binds” at Oct 25, 2017 11:00:45 pm and then stated, “I have a cool bind” and then humorously mentioned a bind of the cheat which spams text that is infamously known in the community. The chat log which I am referring to can be found here: https://gameme.panda-community.com/...n.x=71&chat_list_filter_button.y=13#chat_list

From the chat logs, @iceviet did not issue any warnings and stopped only after @ HEY! HEY MARIO! (aka @Patmosphere) had implied that it was against the rules, and I didn’t want trouble where he states “a reason to permaban you”. @Patmopshere had decided to use Stasi techniques to deceit me into repeating it, and there is no evidence of you warning or making me aware in any which way beforehand, and there is only evidence of you trying to encourage me to repeat the phrase “repeat that bloxi”.

Finally, no warnings had been issued by @iceviet, as seen in the chatlogs and has been confirmed on behalf of @iceviet by @Patmosphere. To my knowledge, I now believe that @iceviet had broken the admin terms and conditions, and abused his privileges.

Furthermore, @Patmosphere acted purely out of spite and I do not believe this sort of behaviour should be encouraged.

I have no will to carry on with nonsensical discussions with someone who has no credentials and would like @Kevin to make the final verdict.

Again, all the chat logs from the 25th October 2017, on the Freak Fortress #13 server can be found here, and the chat is displayed in chronological order: https://gameme.panda-community.com/...n.x=71&chat_list_filter_button.y=13#chat_list

Kind regards, and hope for a speedy resolution

• Funny
Reactions: Lighty and Jim
What made you think advertising illegal third party modifications is allowed? It should come as common sense that both hacking, and advertising about hacks is against the rules. The fact you got banned a mere 2 weeks prior for the exact same thing, leads me to believe you've consciously chosen to disregard the rules and your excuse is that "you hadn't been warned"? I don't know about you, but to me a 24 hour ban is more than enough to warn you that this is strictly forbidden.

Now, I know I'm not involved in this, so delete this if it's not seen as being useful, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on this.

@Le Captain Pootis, I hadn't been on the server after the 1 day ban at all, as mentioned in my first comment.

32b4f08c41dabc9136b45a8eef4d580a.png

What kind of excuse is that? That you supposedly should've forgotten that advertising about hacks is against the rules? The indisputable fact is that you've advertised about it not once, but twice, and gotten banned for it - not once, but twice. With only 15 days inbetween the bans, it should come as no surprise to you that that's what the rules are like here.

And also, if you hadn't been playing since your first ban, your first thought upon coming back was not to be cautious talking about hacks?

Im gonna disagree with this one.
You where advertising cheating sites when you where talking, I warned you for that and give you 1 day.
So i made it a perma for that because it is on the same levels as people having hacks.

And it is Iceviet not icevelt.

@Le Captain Pootis, I had not been on the servers and or talked on any of the panda servers from the 25th October 2017. From what @iceviet had said, the second permanent ban, was issued in relation to the same incident at the 25th October, after getting advice from a donator, as in the quote above. These two bans are relating to the same incident, and your current comment tells me that you have not read through the entire situation. Again, I do not wish to discuss this with people who have no credentials and would like for @Kevin to give an ultimate verdict.

32b4f08c41dabc9136b45a8eef4d580a.png

What kind of excuse is that? That you supposedly should've forgotten that advertising about hacks is against the rules? The indisputable fact is that you've advertised about it not once, but twice, and gotten banned for it - not once, but twice. With only 15 days inbetween the bans, it should come as no surprise to you that that's what the rules are like here.

And also, if you hadn't been playing since your first ban, your first thought upon coming back was not to be cautious talking about hacks?
@Le Captain Pootis, I hadn't been on the server after the 1 day ban at all, as mentioned in my first comment.
I thought that you were all aware of that thread that I made. There has been only 1 ban on him, I've only asked iceviet to make it perma since as previously on another thread, many admins discussed that advertising cheating sites was equal to cheating, also on terms of getting punishment for that.
I even stated that.
Also, to clear it out, iceviet only committed a mistake while banning you, he had set the ban to 1 day but in the meanwhile on this community, advertising cheating sites results in a permanent ban, so that's why I've asked him to change the unfair lenght to the permanent one.
And also, as I'm still standing on my point: you were aware of what you were doing.
Who seriously comes on a server, seeing someone with a different coloured-name who's enforcing rules and then deciding to mock him by typing into the chat a bind like that while knowing that guy can't do shit against him? You even tried to discourage my behaviour by telling that I wasn't admin for doing something like that.

fd.PNG

@Le Captain Pootis, I had not been on the servers and or talked on any of the panda servers from the 25th October 2017. From what @iceviet had said, the second permanent ban, was issued in relation to the same incident at the 25th October, after getting advice from a donator, as in the quote above. These two bans are relating to the same incident, and your current comment tells me that you have not read through the entire situation. Again, I do not wish to discuss this with people who have no credentials and would like for @Kevin to give an ultimate verdict.

Right - my bad, I was unaware of that. Taking a fat L for that.

The ultimate verdict is given by the admin who instated the ban, kevin almost never involves himself in appeals (even the ones that are directed towards him).

I didn't warn you because to was all in source i handled the report. And after that i perma when pat told me.

IMO Moment you start advertising cheats, you deserve a perma ban. Like seriously, fuck off with your cheating shit.. if you don't know cheating is bad/wrong then that is your own problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread