Panda-Community) Mario Kart? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

No not that Mario Kart.
This Mario Kart!

So what is this about? Well, I asume you never played Mario Kart before (impossible)
There are two teams: Red and BLU, but instead of killing each other you have to race for the first place!
You got all power ups from the old Mario 64 Kart game to annoy other players and try to win 1st place.

I don't know how far the mod is these days, but in this Video seems that you can see what place the 1st 2nd and 3rd player is.
Although the game tells you "stalemate" in the end of the race, would be better if the winning team would just have the winning "ping/aplause" sound.
And I'm not sure how the points are earned in this Gamemode, hopfully like: 3 points for the first place 2 for second place and 1 for third.
Edit: Also 4 rounds would be too many in my opinion, 2 would be better

Maybe one of you played this gamemode before and can tell if it's fun and if you're intrested in having one on Panda?
I've decided to have this up as a Suggestion not a Poll, so I just want to hear people's opinion on this gamemode and if you would like this for Panda if it's possible. (Wouldn't be a good idea to have another gamemode without any players on it)

Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
We had one before, but it was pretty dead. Might be wrong though

@Kevin

Edit: We didn't have this specific gamemode, but a similar.

• Informative
Reactions: Wolf
Well we could replace a dead gamemode with this and see if it gets any popular

Does anybody know if this mod / plugin is public for download? A link of it would be great.

Don't get me wrong, this looks great (I'd have a lady boner it will be glorious)... But you have to consider that it is a possibility before suggesting it openly as a new server for the community.

"Hidden" or "Prophunt" dead?
I don't know which servers are empty 24/7 these days.
I'm looking directly at Randomizer

Does anybody know if this mod / plugin is public for download? A link of it would be great.

Don't get me wrong, this looks great (I'd have a lady boner it will be glorious)... But you have to consider that it is a possibility before suggesting it openly as a new server for the community.
I believe it is this
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2217736

Now just add a Mario kart map and you're done I think, I'll test it tomorrow if it works.

Don't we all ready have that on the mario kart server? It's used as a donator feature. All it does is allowed you to put yourself in a car and whatever bells and whistles comes with the car....the plugin / mod probably needs to be with it to work but...

I mean more of the actual gamemode. Like the count down, the items you get from the boxes, triggers for those items to actual cause an effect to another player and even a system where it detects who is 1st, 2nd and third in the race along the map. (I know maps will be on gamebanana)

I had a look and it is called 'Kart Fortress'. I have been unable to locate this gamemode, but maybe someone else maybe more suited for this task...I dunno these things ;o;

"Hidden" or "Prophunt" dead?
I don't know which servers are empty 24/7 these days.
tumblr_m92yt73W9H1rn3thf.gif

#Going off from the theme of the thread. Those gamemodes, considered "dead" by someone, are such a little bit unknown. By my experience, I've joined the panda hidden server 2 or 3 times, then after 3-4 players were on it, other peeps came in. I bet those gamemodes aren't out of interest, there's only a lack of frequent players on it.

Hmm, I've been looking into this as well.
It seems like those plugins come from the map itself?

http://gamebanana.com/maps/183362?vl[page]=3&mid=PostsList < map
http://gamebanana.com/prefabs/6769 < extra plugins to detect death outside the map and such (tools)

This seems to be the starting work of this gamemode... but it's kinda outdated? (I think)
The power ups are the Halloween presents/power ups and there is no nice HUD to tell who's first etc?
I've been looking for quite some time, maybe someone has a better idea where to look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread