P Y R O N E R F (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

I'm back on my anti-pyro bullshit again.

Here's what I'm proposing:
- Bring a limit to the pyro class
- Disable flare gun

The combination of 4-5 pyros, all flare jumping and airblasting has become something beyond a nuisance. Spending several minutes chasing 3 pyros who are ganging up on you as hale, who are all saving eachother from rage, that can flarejump away and constantly pushing the hale has now become some sort of bullying.
Like I don't even want to play anymore. It has become that bad. I have 58 days of playtime on VSH but this is getting out of hand. The sheer amount of rape I was exposed to, made me want to never play hale again. There HAS to be some sort of limit/nerf to the pyro.

A single pyro is manageable, but when you're against 3+ really good pyros you're just getting pushed around constantly, without being able to play properly.

I know there has been some to-do's regarding pyros, but I've seen none of them being implemented or even talked about anymore.

I am begging on the behalf of everyone who plays hale against a decent pyro. The sheer frustration a single pyro can cause should tell you, that there has to be something done. I am beyond done with playing as hale, as it is right now.

I'm back on my anti-pyro bullshit again.

Here's what I'm proposing:
- Bring a limit to the pyro class
- Disable flare gun

The combination of 4-5 pyros, all flare jumping and airblasting has become something beyond a nuisance. Spending several minutes chasing 3 pyros who are ganging up on you as hale, who are all saving eachother from rage, that can flarejump away and constantly pushing the hale has now become some sort of bullying.
Like I don't even want to play anymore. It has become that bad. I have 58 days of playtime on VSH but this is getting out of hand. The sheer amount of rape I was exposed to, made me want to never play hale again. There HAS to be some sort of limit/nerf to the pyro.

A single pyro is manageable, but when you're against 3+ really good pyros you're just getting pushed around constantly, without being able to play properly.

I know there has been some to-do's regarding pyros, but I've seen none of them being implemented or even talked about anymore.

I am begging on the behalf of everyone who plays hale against a decent pyro. The sheer frustration a single pyro can cause should tell you, that there has to be something done. I am beyond done with playing as hale, as it is right now.
Ok, ok. Calm down.

As this limit will also affect FF2, I agree with the limit. Maybe 2-3?

HOWEVER

Don't disable the flare gun, that's a stupid idea. That's like their main mobility.

I totally agree to this one. Especially on maps like Nebula, Nucleus or Mannopoly, where the hale can be pushed off cliffs and lose a lot of health. Also on Military the pyro can infinitly fly around the map with the flare gun because of the amount of health packs.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Furken and Hellboy
I totally agree to this one. Especially on maps like Nebula, Nucleus or Mannopoly, where the hale can be pushed off cliffs and lose a lot of health. Also on Military the pyro can infinitly fly around the map with the flare gun because of the amount of health packs.
Those are map problems, not a Pyro problem.

There even is a fix to the Military map; still have no clue why we have the older map.

• Informative
  • Creative
Reactions: Leo. and Furken
Those are map problems, not a Pyro problem.

There even is a fix to the Military map; still have no clue why we have the older map.

Not only do we still have Military with an absurd amount of health and ammo packs, but there's also an updated version of military, with exactly the same amount of health and ammo packs. So now we can play (and often do) military area twice in a row.

It's not just an issue on military though. Ratsexy (or w/e it's name is) and weaponsdepot, just to name a few. We can't keep shaping maps after the fact that pyros are OP (and soldiers in maps such as military). It's an issue that needs solving on its own.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken and Waxel
Not only do we still have Military with an absurd amount of health and ammo packs, but also an updated version of military, with exactly the same amount of health and ammo packs.
Yes both maps do have the same amount of health and ammo spots, but in those spots are smaller version of them.

It's not just an issue on military though. Ratsexy (or w/e it's name is) and weaponsdepot, just off the top of my head. We can't keep shaping maps after the fact that pyros are OP (and soldiers in maps such as military). It's an issue that needs solving on its own.

I have never had trouble with Pyros on weaponsdepot. I personally think that map is fine for all classes. Unless FF2 and VSH have different version of this map..

I feel like there is a difference between VSH and ff2. In ff2, there are many bosses that can counter pyros, mainly those with guns, so pyros arent OP. But in VSH all hales are similar and they cant easily counter the pyro. Even if the hale solorages him, other pyros can help. Only CBS can have an easier time with pyros, but thats based on luck, beacuse you get random boss. I think you reffer to ff2, and I agree with you Geronimo about ff2, but VSH has a problem with pyros.

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
I feel like there is a difference between VSH and ff2. In ff2, there are many bosses that can counter pyros, mainly those with guns, so pyros arent OP. But in VSH all hales are similar and they cant easily counter the pyro. Even if the hale solorages him, other pyros can help. Only CBS can have an easier time with pyros, but thats based on luck, beacuse you get random boss. I think you reffer to ff2, and I agree with you Geronimo about ff2, but VSH has a problem with pyros.
...and I completely understand that. However, for instance, lets take a FF2 boss like Painis Cupcake or Piss Cakehole. Both of which have the simple stun+uber rage; which is how the VSH bosses go. I can easily kill the Pyros with it, and I don't see how that's much different.

• Informative
Reactions: Leo.
Ok, ok. Calm down.
As this limit will also affect FF2, I agree with the limit. Maybe 2-3?
It doesn't have to effect FF2? This is mainly VSH so I'm assuming, based off what I've seen, this is VSH only.

I've added a poll @Le Captain Pootis and anybody else who's interested in this. The poll votes must be at least double of other votes(singular, not all together) to be considered. Please vote ::):

• Agree
Reactions: Hellboy
I don't understand how this problem will be solved with adding class-limits when the painful pyro's on VSH is donors. I know it's a sad choise, but by removing flaregun-jumps it will sort this out pretty easy.

Just imagine being hale on Barn_Night and you don't have to deal with three flying pyro's who will delay hale's movement for atleast 15 secs so the rest of the team can make the worst nightmare down below spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread