Completed Orange #27 - Spawn (1 Viewer)

What is the best way to stop spawncamping on cp_orange_x3?

• Spawn Protection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambi

For anyone who plays on #27 Orange server regularly, you'll likely know that spawnkilling/camping persist to be one of the biggest - if not the biggest - problem that the server faces. A recent example is Imulion, to which the .dem file is attached.

I may be wrong, but I believe this issue was raised a while ago, but nothing has yet been done to fix it. I would suggest finding someone to add spawn barriers to the map, or perhaps a 2-4 second period of damage immunity for spawned players (Please keep in mind larger spawn-protection times can be easily abused*; I'd have a maximum of 4 seconds)
If it would be implemented, I'm sure I could get spawn-barriers into the original. I also decided to make a poll for those who play on Orange, I'm curious as to which you think would be the best solution.

As for the latter option, a link to a reliable spawn protection plugin has been provided below:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=605094

*Example would be the Bibihotz Orange server - you can get out of spawn and still have a few seconds of invincibility to do whatever you please with.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• imulion.dem
    2.3 MB · Views: 191
For anyone who plays on #27 Orange server regularly, you'll likely know that spawnkilling/camping persist to be one of the biggest - if not the biggest - problem that the server faces. A recent example is Imulion, to which the .dem file is attached.

I may be wrong, but I believe this issue was raised a while ago, but nothing has yet been done to fix it. I would suggest finding someone to add spawn barriers to the map, or perhaps a 2-4 second period of damage immunity for spawned players (Please keep in mind larger spawn-protection times can be easily abused*; I'd have a maximum of 4 seconds)
If it would be implemented, I'm sure I could get spawn-barriers into the original. I also decided to make a poll for those who play on Orange, I'm curious as to which you think would be the best solution.

As for the latter option, a link to a reliable spawn protection plugin has been provided below:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=605094

*Example would be the Bibihotz Orange server - you can get out of spawn and still have a few seconds of invincibility to do whatever you please with.

Thank you for your time.

We are talking about the classic Orange map I assume with the tower in the middle?

This can be very tricky and dangerous to add something like a spawn protection to it.
The Team near the spawn already has a Advantage since they got the heal cabinet next to the exit.
I don't think we can add "spawn protection" since the last control point is right outside the base.
My opinion would be different if this wasn't the case.

Also, I am kinda missing a option to select to keep the way it already is.

We are talking about the classic Orange map I assume with the tower in the middle?

This can be very tricky and dangerous to add something like a spawn protection to it.
The Team near the spawn already has a Advantage since they got the heal cabinet next to the exit.
I don't think we can add "spawn protection" since the last control point is right outside the base.
My opinion would be different if this wasn't the case.

1. The "other" was meant to include everything from "Do nothing" to "Do XYZ and a backflip"

2. The map was never really meant to be for capturing in the first place. When I say spawn barriers, I simply mean physical restrictions from entering the enemy spawn to entirely combat a repeat of Imulion's behaviour. Example of what I mean:
maxresdefault.jpg

The map was never really meant to be for capturing in the first place. When I say spawn barriers, I simply mean physical restrictions from entering the enemy spawn to entirely combat a repeat of Imulion's behaviour. Example of what I mean:
maxresdefault.jpg

Wasn't this just a barrier what blocks sticky's and players?
Normal Valve servers have them.

...Can you shoot Sticky's into the Spawn in Orange? or even enter the Spawn?
This sounds more as a Map issue, you can try to search for a Orange map who has a fix for this.

With all due respect, I'd ask you to re-read the original post I made. The default orange map is without spawn barriers and there are no (to my knowledge) regular fixes for it. This is what I was trying to suggest - for someone to use Hammer Editor to add these spawn barriers.
I'd ask you to play on the orange map yourself, IP being
176.57.142.80:27095 , I'd be happy to show you the flaws of it.

The default orange map is without spawn barriers and there are no (to my knowledge) regular fixes for it. This is what I was trying to suggest - for someone to use Hammer Editor to add these spawn barriers.

As much as this would be nice we haven't had a map editor to help us out for a while. Most people that we did have are either busy or have moved onto other communities.
Without a version with spawn barriers made by someone else, we're kinda useless at that point.

I haven't voted due to this, but spawn barriers would be nice. The next best thing would be spawn protection. You've linked it up so that seems like a good option...I might just vote for that since we don't really have an option to.

I've made a to-do list for Orange before. Da Random said he will take care of it and he did. We waited for Kevin to load the map, he did that but there were complications. Unfortunately Da Random is quite busy atm so he can't fix the map. x-x

Still the maps needs those barricades BADLY to prevent people from spawnkilling. Very often it goes to the point with sentryguns inside spawns... ><

The map that is in use for the W3Source server is cp_orange_x3_panda_b2 and it has the spawn barriers while the map (cp_orange_x3) Orange #27 uses does not.
Just make the maps the same for both servers.

The map that is in use for the W3Source server is cp_orange_x3_panda_b2 and it has the spawn barriers while the map (cp_orange_x3) Orange #27 uses does not.
Just make the maps the same for both servers.
Was about to come point this out as well.
+1

Alright. Could someone please explain to me why this isn't implemented on #27, please and thank you?

BTW Found a different version anyway - which is attached.

Attachments

• cp_orange_x3_fix.bsp
    3.4 MB · Views: 230
Reactions: qt_3.14
Both are good suggestions to fixes and I don't see how anyone could object to this.
I'll suggest the co_orange_x3_fix.bsp.

I'll put this up on to do list. Any objections please PM me on the forums.
Closed.

Reactions: qt_3.14
swapped the map to the _fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread