• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Don't care I do not play JailBreak

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Hi guys,

So I was thinking that because quite a few people don't like it when they are not Warden when someone else it automatically selected why don't we have it where you can choose whether or not you want to be Warden as then it will save some arguments and also it may make the gaming experience on there maybe a little bit more fun.

Let me know what you guys think either in the poll or replying to this.

MichaelWebb100

That will still bring arise to the same problem, what if two people wanted to be warden on the same round? It's whoever chooses to be warden first. The other guards will still be annoyed that they missed out. At least with the current system you have nothing to blame since it is random (I think)

This is what I think: before the begin of the round, guards must write in chat !w, if the player wants to become the warden.
If there's no player who wants to become the warden, the choice is random, and the warden is randomly chosen by the plug in.

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus and mosteraz
Current System (as far as i know):
Random selection with a certain maximum-amount (about 3-4 times) of "promotions" for every player. If the BLU team has no players who haven't reached the cap yet, it will choose between people who already reached the cap.
This Cap resets on map-change.

Also: I like @CiroBishop 's Idea. If it's possible to change that (and if Kevin agrees to do that of course), it would be quite nice. But I think that the selection-cap shouldn't be removed, or we get the same warden over and over again.

I can't think of stupid and useless things to write here (on the forum) anymore, :(

Thanks, Freshy.
Michael, you should credit me, in the thread.

@Fresh Dumbledore, I even thought at that.
After being a warden three time with that idea I had, you can't do it anymore.
When all the guards reach the maximum limit, the plugin will random choice, as always.

@Kevin, what about adding back warden's skin? I saw a new one that had all the animations.
You know, I have to see who's the warden to target him and to kill him.

Last edited:
Current System (as far as i know):
Random selection with a certain maximum-amount (about 3-4 times) of "promotions" for every player. If the BLU team has no players who haven't reached the cap yet, it will choose between people who already reached the cap.
This Cap resets on map-change.

Also: I like @CiroBishop 's Idea. If it's possible to change that (and if Kevin agrees to do that of course), it would be quite nice. But I think that the selection-cap shouldn't be removed, or we get the same warden over and over again.

I can't think of stupid and useless things to write here (on the forum) anymore, :(
Poor Freshy, losing your touch pal ;-;

Thanks, Freshy.
Michael, you should credit me, in the thread.

@Fresh Dumbledore, I even thought at that.
After being a warden three time with that idea I had, you can't do it anymore.
When all the guards reach the maximum limit, the plugin will random choice, as always.

@Kevin, what about adding back warden's skin? I saw a new one that had all the animations.
You know, I have to see who's the warden to target him and to kill him.
Why should he credit you!? Senpai give me attention please!

The Jailbreak admins have agreed that removing the warden skin was necessary as the config has been changed so that the warden isn't always a solly as not all players can play solly as well as other classes. Re-enabling the skin would possibly break some of the models, having a solly skin over a Heavy or and Demoman warden could glitch it out and jailbreak is somewhat glitchy as it is. (not broken or anything but somethings are a little off.... if that makes sense.)

I personally like the picking of random wardens as it forces those who don't have mics to sit on RED and not freekill or have to type shit out when they have to explain themselves. !w would leave it so that only specific people would play warden and over hearing some conversations on mumble, that would be like 3 people who warden... EVER! I'm voting to keep the random warden choice thing as I quite like it and now that there isn't anyone being forced into the solly class to be warden, we might see more players joining BLU. If it becomes an issue, we simply revert back to the old solly with warden skin.

• Friendly
Reactions: mosteraz
Because yesterday we talked together about it.

Anyway, could you stop with that "Attention" thing?
If I'd need attention (But I don't have to.), I wouldn't come here with people I don't even know with their real names.

Ok, I'm waiting someone that will share your opinion about the warden.
I don't think that something will strongly change, with our idea.

Hi guys,

So I was thinking that because quite a few people don't like it when they are not Warden when someone else it automatically selected why don't we have it where you can choose whether or not you want to be Warden as then it will save some arguments and also it may make the gaming experience on there maybe a little bit more fun.

Let me know what you guys think either in the poll or replying to this.

MichaelWebb100
Wouldn't it work with the opposite effect? If it is decided by the random number generator then there can be no complaints as it is impartial and not based off whom can type the quickest. I personally think changing the system would be detrimental based off experience with jailbreak as previously stated by mermite, it is mainly the same wardens over and over which can mean the game modes are similar and lack originality.

Users who are viewing this thread