Declined Opal/Ambi: Applying for Admin on Orange #27 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambi

Preamble:
In light of Heratade's resignation, I have decided to apply for admin. Especially now, and a little before, this server in particular has been plagued by spawnkillers, hackers and exploiters - though mainly the former. Every time I've happen to report a player, no action has been taken unless I've used the forums - which takes half an hour or more, usually.
Yes, I'm aware I haven't the ideal amount of hours or reputation, but feel free to ask Heratade or other members of the community that have run into me on the server for opinions and suggestions.

>Name: Lauren. I go by the alias of Opal in Steam.

>Age: I became 17 years old on the 11th of October.

>SteamCommunity Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/0p4l/

>Steam32ID: STEAM_0:0:77219730

>Steam3ID: U:1:154439460

>Times: I go by Greenwich Mean Time, I have 6th form on the weekdays. I'm able to be on TF2 mainly in the evenings, and almost all of the weekend.

>Server: As mentioned in the title, I'm applying for Orange #27. If somebody were to file a report on a different server, I'd be happy to visit and do what was required of me.

>Microphone: N/A

>Experience with administrating: In the past, and indeed now, I've been moderator/admin/etc on a variety of servers across TF2 and Gmod, hosting my own and friends on top of some slightly larger communities, such as CC - though that was a short escapade as I didn't have the time I thought was necessary at the time.

>Experience with SourceMod: A fair bit. A large amount of the Gmod servers used ULX, but beyond that was all SourceMod.

>Why I should be chosen: I've grown tired of the amount of spam and spawncamping on the Orange server, in which the reports I've made seem to do very little, and I'd like to take control of that for myself. I think I can speak for almost everyone when I say that having an enemy engineer and his team all camped at the back of your spawn is not a pleasant experience.
The orange server is one I go on most of the time I play TF2, and I'm eager to keep it alive and flourishing; and in it's current state I believe it could deteriorate in the future. Of course, I can't be everywhere and do everything, though I believe I am a step in the right direction and would improve the experience on the server for the community.

>Policies: Of course, these are subject to change dependant on the requirements of staff. One thing I prioritise is warning offenders. Often people do not know they are doing wrong, and while ignorance is no excuse, it's part of a fair system to warn at least once before. I've listed below a few offences and my standard system to punish the offender with.
-Spawnkilling - First offence is a slay and a warning. Second is the same. Third is a kick with with reasoning. Fourth will result in a temporary ban.
-Exploiting - First offence is a slay and a warning. Second is a kick. Third is a temporary ban.
-Clear hacking - Instant ban.
-Micspamming/Foreign Languages - First offence is a warning. Second is a temporary mute.
-Chat spamming - First offence is a warning. Second is a temporary gag.
-Avoiding Punishments/Obstructing Administrator - First offence is correcting the avoided punishment/stopping them obstructing admin. Second is a temporary ban.
-Toxicity/Disruptive Behaviour - First offence results in a warning. Second offence results in a forceful end to that behaviour, whether that be through a mute, gag, slay, kick, or temporary ban.

Links:
gameME: https://gameme.panda-community.com/playerinfo/1716722
Chatlogs: https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/1716722
Sesions: https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/sessions/1716722

Thanks for your time ^-^

Player fills all the requirements to apply, marked as pending.
Old enough
+3d of playtime (11th place and 46k pts with only 3 days is rather impressive tbh)
No bans or commblocks

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
You meet all the requirements now and I'm happy that you finally applied. c:

< Short but neat application that contains necessary info.

After giving you advices and tips for administrating, also explaining how administrating looks like in our community, I've been watching over you and you seem to be an example for an admin:
< You're fair in judgements,
< You've started to help people by explaining and forcing rules
< You're determined enough to apply here! x'D

and...

< I saw some passive-aggressive comments in your chatlogs... Just make sure to not make them, even if they're directed to people disrespecting you for irrelevant reasons.

Well, all i can do is to wish you luck on your application! ^^

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
Alright. I'll keep that in mind. While most of them were directed towards friends as jokes, there have been some times I've done as you say - mostly as a cheeky remark from someone being salty towards me.

However, I certainly agree it's not something I should be doing, and will refrain in future.

Reactions: Heratade
sorry for the delay on your application, i'm currently catching up with it and you should have your answer on your application within this weekend.

i'm sadly going to decline your app due to the low session times you have aswell due to the sort of inappropriate chatlogs as earlier mentioned above.

feel free to apply again in 1 month if you want and re-try it; 11.01.2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread