Accepted :OP: D's Jailbreak application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

:OP: D

Hello,

Name/Nickname:
Stijn/:OP:D

Who gave you permissions to apply?
Matt-ers gave me permission to apply.

Steam2 ID:
STEAM_0:1:41332366

Online times and timezone:
Monday/Friday: Usually after 16:00 till 18:00 GMT +02:00 (Around 2 hours a day)

Saturday/Sunday: From 15:00 till 20:00 GMT +02:00 (Around 5 hours a day)

Vacations: Around 6 hours a day (Maybe even more)

These times can change due school, sometimes a little more or less

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of report?
I only play Jailbreak and I am applying for Jailbreak. In case of a report I would also go to other servers to help out only if there are no other admins online because I know most of the rules even though I haven’t played much on the other servers.

Do you have a microphone?
I do have a microphone and I use it quite often so making sure people obey the rules by talking won’t be a problem at all. But over all I prefer to type because my accent/English isn’t that great.

Your previous experience as admin and/or moderator?
I have been admin and moderator on different Minecraft servers which have shut down due a lack of players and I have hosted my own TF2 server for a month but because of a lack of players (mostly 6 people online) and experience with plugins I had to close the server.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I do know the basic Jailbreak commands but a list will help a lot.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I am friendly, serious and a smartass and I think I will be a great asset to the team. Mostly when I play on the server there are no admins online and because Jailbreak is THE place to break a rule I think I could be really useful. I will do my job serious and I will try to be as efficient as I can. I have experience with administrating servers, so I think I will get the hang of it pretty quickly. I also have a big knowledge of the Jailbreak rules so I will barely make any mistakes. I don’t know many of the admins but I hope we will get along.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of policies and punishments:

- Freekilling: If a prisoner gets freekilled I would respawn him and slay the freekiller, give a warning and explain what he did wrong. If next round he would freekill again I would give him a 1 hour gaurdban. And if he continues after that I would give him a 1 day ban. If someone is massively freekilling I would instantly ban him for 1 day.

- Spamming: If someone is spamming the chat or voice chat I would first of all warn and tell him to stop spamming. If he continues I would give a 1 hour mute/gag. (if on BLU I would also switch him to the RED team)

- Overtalking the warden: If someone is overtalking the warden I would warn him. If he continues I would give a 1 hour mute. (If on BLU I would also switch him to the RED team)

- Baiting: If someone is baiting I would warn him, if he continues I would slay him and explain him what he did wrong. If next round he continues baiting I would guardban him for 1 hour.

- Hacking: If I see someone hacking I would permanent ban him after having clear evidence

- Abusing the call system: If someone calls an admin while one is online or if he calls for an invalid reason I would kick him.

- Camping: If a BLU is camping I would warn him. If he continues I would slay him.

- Disrepecting/abusive language: instant 1 hour mute/gag. (If BLU a switch to the RED team)

- BLU teamkilling: If a BLU teamkills another BLU I would warn him and respawn the teamkilled person but if he continues I would guardban him for 2 hours. If he continues after I would give him a 1 day ban.

Note: If a rule-breaker breaks a rule too many times the punishments will increase time.

I think these punishments are long and strict enough to make the rule-breakers realize that they were wrong.

Thanks for your time,

:OP:D

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Matth
Alright.
As I check your 'background', I see that you've been banned, like two months ago by Clic Clic, for BLU teamkilling.
You have also been muted approximately 1 month ago, and again, almost two months ago, muted for disrespecting an admin.
Anyways, I checked your chatlog (Last 10 pages) and I found nothing worth commenting on. (I might've overseen something)

But as I don't play very much on Jailbreak, I'm neutral for now.

so OP is indeed a usual jailbreak player. never had any problem with him while i was online. for the bans i won't say anything since i do have to bans, 1 gag, and a really undecent chatlog befor my first app. regarding the app, the policy part is clear, same for the app in general.
and after 5 minutes thinking about pros and cons i will finally give a +1.
this being said i bow out and wish you good luck.

Hopefully he learnt from his mistakes after being banned.
Chatlog looks good, knows the rules quite well (also warns players about possible rulebreaking) and most importantly he is a regular JB player. The only problem is that he sometimes overtalks others but he usually realises that and stops almost immideately so it's not that big of a problem and hopefully he will pay more attention to it.

With that said you got a +1 from me.

Too make it short on this application,

He's a well known regular on Jailbreak, his behaviour can sometimes lead him to receive a ban for being a complete immature player, while on the other hand, he can just respect all the rules, and enforce them as well, which can lead him of being worthy of an Admin tag.

He's actually the only Jailbreak player who could deserve an Admin position, and even if I had some issues with him during my Trial period, I will not let this detail influenced on my final decision, as I believe he was still seeing me as a simple player and was not used to receive warnings/punishments from me, yet.

I'd say that you could become a decent Admin if you receive all the necessary support from the rights persons, and our long talk of you being Admin proved me that you were really motivated and mature enough to get rewarded by an Admin tag.

There is still few gaps on the "How would i do my job" part, but it's nothing really important and you will improve these things with the time, if you ever get accepted.

You could be a good addition to our staff, and got no problem at all to share my experience with you, so, here's the magic
+1.

Lets give this my opinion:
I've seen you nearly every day on Jailbreak, but sometimes you have quite a trollish attitude which got you admin punishments in the past too.
You were often quite hostile towards Kids in the guard Team in the past, which makes me think you might give them harder punishments the squeakier they get. Remember that TF2 is full of Kids so you will have to be prepared for that.
But you didnt only do bad things, i checked throught your chatlogs and apart from a few spamish Messages i havent seen anything bad. In fact i saw quite some Messages reminding the guards kindly about the rules. I also have never seen you scream freekill like a maniac as soon you get an unjustified kill. Normally you just say Frekill, the reason you think it was a freekill and maybe a reminder if the admin didnt see it.
So...
From the past when you were full troll mode you have changed, you are a decent Player now if still a bit trollish, which i like.
Still i'd Change your opinions of the Kids as this is the only Problem i see right now. We have tons of Kids so be prepared.
I'd still like to see you as as an adition to the Jailbreak Admin Team so the least i can do is...
I'll give this app a +0,5.

Sorry if anything in this doesnt make sense,i gave this opinion when my brain was getting fucked by headaches

Thanks for the support and feedback, I really appreciate it.

I think it's been requested that this one goes to the next stage sooner than the others, so if anyone has anything to say you need to pretty much say it now.
This one will be pushed to move onto the next stage on the 25th.

Closed for review.

Thank you for being patient while we process the decision.
If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact the staff via forum pm or steam.

::):

Accepted! Welcome to the Panda Team ::):

You will receive admin rights on Panda-Community.com TF2 #17 [Jailbreak|gameME] and your mentors with be @Matt-ers? & @Clic Clic Boom .

Also feel free to ask any of the jailbreak staff questions.
You will also have additional support from @fluffy & @Wolf . They have admin experience and are most active within the jailbreak server. Support each other :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread