Accepted ocl's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oclclly

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Donator
Username
ocl

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:191503166

Your age
I'm above the age required however I'm not over 21+.
(I do not wish to disclose my age due to privacy reasons.)

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
21d 13:30:52h

Link to your Sourcebans record
Bans
Comms

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
N/a, Applications were open.

Server you are applying for
US | Jailbreak

General online times & time zone
GMT+8, I am usually online 4:00PM - 1:00AM on weekdays.

Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)

Yes.

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)
I do have very little experience moderating a few Minecraft and Discord servers.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)

I enjoy playing Jailbreak and I wish for all players to enjoy it too. I've seen players struggle with following the rules and getting attacked for making a few mistakes.

I believe that its better to be patient with them and help them improve rather than criticizing them harshly. (I've taken a look at my chatlogs and admit that I've been rude and harsh a few times. I apologize and will do better.)

Toxicity is something I sometimes see when playing Jailbreak and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Especially when its directed towards the younger players. I played a lot when I was younger and didn't have to put up

with being bullied if I can remember correctly. Although I didn't have to deal with it,
I do not wish it upon others. I may be lenient however I'm not afraid to be strict when needed. If people are intentionally ruining other player's fun, I am willing to punish them. I'm

not a fan of people who makes others upset for the fun of it.

I'm constantly trying to improve myself and I'm open to criticism and suggestions on how to be better.

Punishments:
Free kill / Baiting / Free hit
1st offense - warning
2nd offense - 2 hour team ban
3rd offense - 6 hour team ban
4th offense - 12 hour team ban
5th offense - 24 hour team ban
6th offense - 1 week team ban
7th offense - permanent team ban

(If it was unintentional, then I would encourage them to be more careful next time.)

Mass Free kill (unintentional)
1st offense - 2 hour team ban
2nd offense - permanent team ban

Mass Free kill (intentional)
1st offense - instant ban

Mic spamming / Chat spamming / Ghosting / Advertising / Dead talking / Toxicity / Inappropriate language / Caps
1st offense - warning
2nd offense - 2 hour mute/gag
3rd offense - 6 hour mute/gag
4th offense - 12 hour mute/gag
5th offense - 24 hour mute/gag
6th offense - 1 week mute/gag
7th offense - permanent mute/gag

Slurs
1st offense - 12 hour mute/gag
2nd offense - permanent mute/gag
(No warning because I don't believe slurs should ever be used ever.)
i love playing jb. looking forward to more jb

Hello, ocl.

You are a player with a decent personality and one I don't mind playing with, and have had no major issues with. However, your recent sessions concern me a bit. While we definitely appreciate having active admins, I personally believe it shouldn't be excessive and at the cost of other, real-world things.

My only real major issue is your punishment stacking. For reference, this is what we follow:

Bans/comms:
1st comm: 12 hours
2nd comm: 1 day
3rd comm: 3 days
4th comm: 1 week
5th comm: 1 month
6th comm: Permanent

Slurs do not having a special stacking procedure and follow the one above as with almost all other comm offenses.

Teambans:
1st teamban: 120 mins
2nd teamban: 240 mins
3rd teamban: 480 mins
4th teamban: Permanent
Intentional MFK: Permanent
Accidental MFK: 360 mins first time, Permanent second time

Other than that, I would maintain a Neutral stance on this app for now.

• Informative
Reactions: oclclly
Hey ocl ! Thank you for applying, we've shared many games when I'm on and overall its been a very pleasant experience playing with you
You're a very optimistic and kind person who doesnt mind pointing players in the right direction through reminders of the rules and thats awesome!
The way you explain how players have trouble following rules and being unnecessarily attacked for minor infractions is true and really resonated with me with the part about toxicity toward younger players as even before I was admin I've seen it way too much and I'm glad you share the same sentiment.
To close, I'm very happy to see you apply as from what I've seen of you in-game looks very promising, your bans and comms are very clean with only a few minor things like you said that can be ironed out as we go along.
This app gets a +1 from me

Hi, we've run into eachother quite a bit and I am optimistic about this app. Nevertheless I'd still like to give you a check-up. I'll provide 3 videos below, I'd like you to tell me how you'd handle each situation as an admin on the server. Assume no prior history.

There are 3 clips in here but they are all for the same incident.

Clip 1
sawyerthelawer teamkills birdie feintha (warden) and is shown to be actively trying to kill another guard.

First, I would slay sawyerthelawer to prevent more teamkills from happening. Then I would respawn birdie feintha and forcewarden them to continue the round.

Next, I will issue a 120 minute team ban on sawyerthelawer and let them know that their actions were against the rules.

Lastly, I will remind them to check the rules in the meantime before they join blu again.

Clip 2
William Murdoch receives and selects an LR. The man behind the slaughter starts swinging at William Murdoch nearly killing him and denying LR.

I would tell The man behind the slaughter not to freehit William Murdoch and remind him that he still has a DR to choose. Giving The man behind the slaughter a warning and a

reminder
since he was not actively trying to kill William Murdoch and denying his DR.

There are 3 clips in here but they are all for the same incident.

View attachment 30033
View attachment 30034
View attachment 30035
Clip 3
karl Murdoch
is regiven LR when there is a custom LR (Hunger Games) and abuses freeday the next round.

Since it is a custom LR (Hunger Games) and karl Murdoch has freeday, I would slay karl Murdoch to prevent freeday abuse as reds cannot harm freedays while friendly fire is on, and respawn

him so he can still participate in the
custom LR (Hunger Games). Letting him know that he shouldn't be abusing a freeday during a custom LR.

Those are how I would handle each situation, any criticism on how to do it better would be greatly appreciated.

Since we see eachother often enough I'm confident enough to provide a verdict now.
Your answers to those clips are spot-on. You have a very positive in-game presence and I've never had any issues with you so I will be providing a +1. Good luck with your app.

I saw you some under alias the past few days, and your stellar behavior, and overall helpful positive attitude would be welcome on the team, I think we can work out any issues that arise. Here's my +1 and you can be on your way..

Gonna piggyback off of Ian and gladly change my vote to a +1

I saw you some under alias the past few days, and your stellar behavior, and overall helpful positive attitude would be welcome on the team
Really just hearing this makes me believe you'll be a fine addition to the team. I've played with you a few times and you seem like a friendly chap which i believe is the most important trait to have.

Good luck and have my +1 Nice job on the questions.

Heya OCL, you always bring a good vibe to the server and i think you are competent enough to be able to handle rule break very well

Nothing bad to mention a big ol +1 from me!

good luck!

Hey Ocl! I've played with you many times before and I've seen no issues. You are always respectful and bring good laughs, and I think you'd do great as an admin and continue to vibe well with everyone on the server. Absolute +1 from me, cheers!

accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Cowboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread