Not really a "unban me" thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeprus

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
So, I was playing on Mario Kart as engineer, building dispensers and as revenge for everyone who destroyed my dispenser I crit them with the gunslinger (using the punch people twice guaranteed crit) "exploit". And my Issue is, Da Random banned me 30 min for it (not that of a big deal). Before that I think he kicked me, because my game froze once and I had a grey screen. As far as I recognized I didn't recieve any warnings in chat or voice chat.. So, as I wasn't aware using the game mechanic is already considered as an exploit I didn't think about I might've been kicked (my game freezes alot so I'm used to it).

The only thing that I want to achieve with this thread is a confirmation about the gunslinger crit being an exploit and maybe (if it doesn't exist already) a rule that players have to be warned in chat/voice chat... Maybe I just missed it, in that case sorry Da Random.

Best regards - Zeprus

Edit:
Da Randoms Chatlog (aka didn't get warned that way)
https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/590462
5. Mär 2015 19:49:11 what Panda-Community.com TF2 #18 [Mario Kart|gameME]
23. Feb 2015 18:18:28 lol Panda-Community.com TF2 #18 [Mario Kart|gameME]

• Useful
Reactions: Madact
It's not meant to be in the game, valve just can't get off their lazy arses to fix it.
It's a terrible exploit anyway, you should feel bad for using it.

EDIT: Assuming you're doing the "hit teammates twice, get free crits" glitch.

"The device grants the Engineer an additional 25 max health, raising his total health to 150, promoting more offensive play at the cost of no random critical hits. In addition, the player is able to perform a three-part combo attack on enemies. Should an enemy be hit three times in succession, the third strike (a downward motion with a clenched fist) will become an automatic critical hit. This does not need to be performed on a single enemy, but the attack key cannot be released during the combo or it will be lost and reset."

EDIT: If you are talking about hitting your own teammate, then nevermind me

Last edited:
Come on guys. That exploit is not even a serious issue.

It's not meant to be in the game, valve just can't get off their lazy arses to fix it.
It's a terrible exploit anyway, you should feel bad for using it.

EDIT: Assuming you're doing the "hit teammates twice, get free crits" glitch.

Yes I was using this glitch.

Come on guys. That exploit is not even a serious issue.

I guess it has something to do with me killing him with that, someone told me 2 people that killed him got kicked for griefing afterwards. Maybe he had a bad day...

I would not even consider punishing for it. I don't see an issue in it.

Players are always supposed to be warned, unless that player is a regular and should really know the rules. In this case that does not really apply as it can be debatable whether to count this as exploiting or not. I would definitely not count this as exploiting.

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus and Madact
My perspective of this is that, if I see one who uses exploits I kick them. Since that's a policy all of our servers have, maybe I should've given you a warning in the chat. But most players doesn't even bother to read the chat at all, so I just kick if I see anything wrong. And the kick message said "Exploiting" which is basically enough to tell you to stop.

My perspective of this is that, if I see one who uses exploits I kick them. Since that's a policy all of our servers have, maybe I should've given you a warning in the chat. But most players doesn't even bother to read the chat at all, so I just kick if I see anything wrong. And the kick message said "Exploiting" which is basically enough to tell you to stop.
But it is literally a game mechanic. That's like saying c-tapping is an exploit.

But it is literally a game mechanic. That's like saying c-tapping is an exploit.
Well, why don't we get a plugin that removes items from being allowed to be equipped instead of punishing those who doesn't realize that valve is a lazy company that doesn't bother fixing it?

Wait, this Gunslinger-thing is a exploit?

........good to know, I should stop doing that in Cellwars xP

• Agree
Reactions: Redspike
No Dumbledore, so far only inu and I have voiced ourselves on it, and we said that we do not consider it a such. And seeing as how Madact rated my post with an Agree, I take it she does not consider it that either. No clear opinion from Random, but as he has not gone back on his word I would guess that he still considers it an exploit.

We might want to get some concencus on this so that we can be consistent with punishing for it or not.

Wait, this Gunslinger-thing is a exploit?

........good to know, I should stop doing that in Cellwars xP
Re-read the thread, no-one has said it is definitely an exploit, best not enforce rules that might not be valid just yet.

I haven't come across this exploit before and I don't think its a massive issue to have a rule created for it.

Just count fun as an exploit too, please.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Noodl and Zeprus
By the way is it possible to remove the ban from my list? It doesn't look pretty at all. :D

This is hardly an exploit, and is a totally bullshit reason to be banned for. It probably takes more effort to co-ordinate consistent teamhitting than just smacking an enemy 3 times, or just relying on normal ol' melee crits.

Not an exploit, don't consider it one, and dear god don't ban people for it.

But most players doesn't even bother to read the chat at all, so I just kick if I see anything wrong. And the kick message said "Exploiting" which is basically enough to tell you to stop.

A majority (untrue, most players read chat) doing something or not does not mean you should conform to such and avoid giving proper warnings.

Also no need to remove it (the Gunslinger being the most irritating weapon in game would be a more valid reason), that's ridiculous. The impact it brings is next to nil, aside from making a player less efficient than if he was to kill using another method.

Let me say that, I always thought the gunslinger "exploit" weren't allowed on the servers. So apologies for punishing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread