Accepted Nope's application to be an admin for deathrun#09 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope.

- Your name and/or nickname
My real life name is Joe.My nickname is Nope.
- Your age
9-2-2003,14 years
- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
Stabbin Gave me the permission.
- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:1:181718489
- Your general online times and your timezone
it depends on if i am in a holiday or no, holiday times i am online from 10:00 to 02:00 except on fridays,School days from 17:00 to 22:00 but on week ends from 12:00 to 01:00 on exam days:well i am somehow busy on exam days but i can manage to play 30 minutes-1 hour and the only problem that i become offline is either i am sick or fixing my pc

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
i almost all the time play on deathrun #09 this was if i am playing on a panda server but i rarely play anything else on tf2
- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
No,i don't.
- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I haven't been an admin before but i always see what admins do,like why do they ban people why do they gag them why do they mute them.
- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No,i don't.
- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
Well,I have seen the admins decreased on deathrun#09 these days and i will be happy if i am on of the admins,since the amount of people who disobey the rules increased a bit and i always try to tell them that this is against rules but they do it again over and over with no stop till an admin joins and do his/her job
- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
well it depends on the rule that he/she disobeyed it my maximum (ban,gag,mute hours are 5) Skipping traps I Will try my best to make a warning on this one everytime and if the he/she skipped it they will be slayed if they did that again they will be slayed and that will be the last warning then they will be banned for 3 hours Insulting anyone who will insult a player he will be warned 1 time then if he did that again for a diffrent or the same one will be gagged for 4 hours being inrespectful with other players or admins will be gagged for 5 hours after 1 warning skipping the monivator will be slayed then warn the guy who skipped the monivator 1 time then if he did that again he will be banned for 3 hours anyone who will be racist with other players will be warned 1 time and if he did that again he will be gagged for 5 hours glitching or skipping the minigame will be slayed and warn him 2 times then ban him for 4 hours spamming in chat will be warned 3 times then will be gagged for 4 hours mic spamming either (singing,bad mic,screaming in the mic) will be warned 2 times then will be muted for 5 hours overuse caps any one will over use caps will be warned 1 time then will be gagged for 2 hours

With the right mentoring you look to be a good asset to the deathrun team. Your profile says 13 years old, but your application says 14, what's up with that? We have seen an increase in people breaking rules lately, specially exploiting, skipping and general chat rules. This is true, however
I have seen the admins decreased on deathrun#09 these days and i will be happy if i am on of the admins
isn't a good reason for having you accepted. Your topic could have used some better formatting, it's readable but messy. Your policies could have used some punctuation, now it's just one long sentence. The policies themselves are decent enough, but remember bans, gags and mutes stack, so overtime punishment length will increase. You've been very active and you do warn other players when they break the rules, with the right amount of time and effort you could help us out. I will wait for @Adoruby and @Foxhounds input before I give my judgement.

EDIT: after other feedback changing my vote to +1

Reactions: Nope.
With the right mentoring you look to be a good asset to the deathrun team. Your profile says 13 years old, but your application says 14

i told kvn about that before i apply with 1 day

I met you a somewhat long while ago, and you have been a regular for a while now, so that's nice. Also, a good friend.
As for the application, the first thing I noticed is that the formatting is a bit... nonexistent, almost? I'm not gonna judge for that, but others might find it unprofessional.
Second thing is the punishment times... Warning before the first one is good, the lengths of the first punishments are fine, too, but as Stabbin said, you really should increase the length of the punishment if the person was punished before.
But other than those, this seems fine. With a little bit of work, you could be a great admin. Gonna give a +1.

Hey Nope, first off thanks for taking the time to apply and such, I have seen you very frequent on the server and you do enforce rules from time to time (time wasting, delaying and exploiting). Your app, albeit a little unprofessional, most of the main points are there, I also agree with Stabbin and Ruby on the punishment times. Having no experience with sourcemod or being an admin isn't so bad as you will have a mentor to help out with that, that's what being a trial is anyway. Gonna give you a +1 as I feel you could have the potential to be a good DR admin. Good luck.

Hello, "experienced" regular here. As I've played a lot with Nope, I'd like to drop my comment here aswell.

Hi Nope, nice to see that you decided to go ahead with the app.
I have seen you on deathrun almost daily for what is soon half a year atleast, so the gamemode is not foreign to you one bit. You know all the rules and from what we spoke, you seem mature enough to be able to take the admin responsibility, even though only being 14.

We talked about the rule enforcing, and you have seen to get the hang of it. Looking good!
You are a friendly player and for being such a regular, your enforcements have clearly had some effect on rule breakers.

The app:
Formatting is a bit of a mess, but totally readable and understandable (might come with the age).
I have always understood you while we've spoken, and longer texts are harder than short sentences to get right, especially for a non-native English speakers. As long as you don't write a novel in the text chat, everyone totally gets what you are going for.

The punishments seem okay, though you could ellaborate on later punishments, like what the rule breaker gets on his 3rd, 4th or 5th punishment.

eg.
Skipping traps I Will try my best to make a warning on this one everytime and if the he/she skipped it they will be slayed if they did that again they will be slayed and that will be the last warning then they will be banned for 3 hours
I'd suggest straight up slaying (if that is what you meant with "try my best to make a warning") them for a skip and warning them after. Three hours seems like a fine length.

Insulting anyone who will insult a player he will be warned 1 time then if he did that again for a diffrent or the same one will be gagged for 4 hours being inrespectful with other players or admins will be gagged for 5 hours
For an insult in the voice chat, a mute is well placed, while in the chat box, a gag. 4 hours seems fine but disrespecting admins, and the second punishment and such could be a bit longer than 5 hours.

Conclusion:
Nope is definetly capable enough in my opinion to administrate the server, and with Frosty gone, he could most certainly fill up that spot pretty well. Can't give a yes/no answer, but he deserves a chance.

Cheers!
//El Capitan

• Funny
Reactions: Nope. and Bass
accepted, welcome in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread