New: Weapons On DeathRun (2 Viewers)

Stabbin

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Development
Hi folks,

We have now enabled the use of weapons on our DeathRun servers. Please report any problems or exploits you find. There has been an effort to balance weapons, we want our players to be able to carry any weapon. Some weapons have had their negative attributes removed/compensated, while others have been nerfed. Please understand that we will be in a period where we want to tune how weapons and their abilities work around the gamemode, so again, come with suggestions if you have any.

Thanks,

Stabbin

Just curious if this was done on the current Deathrun Redux plugin or Deathrun Neu? Might be worth looking into that since it has better item configuration and some other very useful features.

• Funny
Reactions: Kevin
Could we have "dr_activator_healthbar" set to 0? It's neither elegant nor useful. Only adds clutter to your hud and it shows up so inconsistently that it's a bit distracting.

Reactions: Stabbin
You guys also probably should restrict any weapons that fire an explosive projectile. They can break a lot of maps where trap-activating buttons are placed on thin walls. On dr_castle_steveh you can outright activate the minigames from the spawn with a charged sticky bomb.

Here are the examples:

You guys also probably should restrict any weapons that fire an explosive projectile. They can break a lot of maps where trap-activating buttons are placed on thin walls. On dr_castle_steveh you can outright activate the minigames from the spawn with a charged sticky bomb.

Here are the examples:
This is exploiting, bannable.

Hi folks,

We have now enabled the use of weapons on our DeathRun servers. Please report any problems or exploits you find. There has been an effort to balance weapons, we want our players to be able to carry any weapon. Some weapons have had their negative attributes removed/compensated, while others have been nerfed. Please understand that we will be in a period where we want to tune how weapons and their abilities work around the gamemode, so again, come with suggestions if you have any.

Thanks,

Stabbin
Yeah, there are a lot of exploits, like living forever in some maps, spawnkilling players in some maps and so on, and the other people in my server thinks it's a bug ands is going to be fixed. I reccomend disabling weapons or creating a whitelist.

Yeah, there are a lot of exploits, like living forever in some maps, spawnkilling players in some maps and so on, and the other people in my server thinks it's a bug ands is going to be fixed. I reccomend disabling weapons or creating a whitelist.
As said, those are exploits. Feel free to report them.

What im saying is instead of finding them one by one, we should get rid of the entire weapons
Can you provide any actual evidence of what you were talking about with spawn killed etc.. I have had no bad experiences yet other than the occasional self kill with stickies as banter.

Can you provide any actual evidence of what you were talking about with spawn killed etc.. I have had no bad experiences yet other than the occasional self kill with stickies as banter.
There are 2 clips where they activate traps / instantly end the round. Spawn kill or not, this shouldnt be possible, removing aoe weapons would be the only solution imo

I think I'll try to add functionality in the deathrun plugin where I hook damage from explosives so they can't trigger func_buttons. That will take some time though, I've never tried something like that before.

Users who are viewing this thread