Pending New Server Suggestion -100 Players (1 Viewer)

Would like to have this server added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Suggestion is simple, adding a new server being able to run with 100 players.

One of the measures that are needed in order to run the server efficiently is by removing cosmetics (using a whitelist).
I already made the whitelist allowing every weapon and taunt while restricting everybody from wearing cosmetics. The whitelist is already in Kevin's dms.

Another thing to disable to make the server smoother is voice chat: either disable voice chat or enabling proximity voice chat.

Plugins:

Because of the amount of players most of the time both teams will end up in a stalemate after some back and forth to each team's quarter of the map, and because of this I personally would suggest some tweakings as for the timer and objectives:
  • CTF: Capture limit to 1 and reduce the time limit to 30 minutes
  • CP A/D: Normal
  • CP 3/5P: 60 minutes
  • PL: Normal
  • PLR: 60 minutes
  • KOTH: Normal
  • ARENA: Normal

Custom maps will use more entity space thus making the server even more unstable at full capacity.
If you deem that there are decent maps missing from the map poll you can always suggest them be added.

Side note: VSH and ZI maps most likely can't be added due to limitations set by Source Engine and the high number of crashes.

ctf_2fort
ctf_doublecross
ctf_well
ctf_turbine
cp_5gorge
cp_badlands
cp_coldfront
cp_fastlane
cp_freight_final1
cp_granary
cp_gullywash_final1 (?)
cp_powerhouse_
cp_process_final
cp_sunshine
cp_well
cp_dustbowl
cp_gorge
cp_gravelpit
cp_mossrock
cp_steel
cp_degrootkeep
pl_badwater
pl_barnblitz
pl_borneo
pl_cactuscanyon (?) WIP / Unfinished old map from Valve
pl_frontier_final
pl_goldrush
pl_hoodoo_final
pl_phoenix
pl_pier
pl_thundermountain (?)
pl_upward
pl_venice (?)
plr_bananabay
plr_hightower
plr_nightfall_final
plr_pipeline
koth_brazil
koth_harvest_final
koth_highpass

ctf_crasher
cp_ambush_event (Erebus)
cp_gorge_event
cp_manor_event (Mann Manor)
cp_degrootkeep_rats (Sandcastle)
pl_bloodwater
pl_rumble_event (Gravestone)
pl_terror_event
plr_hacksaw_event (Bonesaw) (?)
plr_hightower_event
koth_harvest_event
koth_los_muertos
koth_maple_ridge_event
arena_perks

Yes, I know some are missing the download link, I already have these downloaded and will be forwarded to Kevin.

Vote poll will end in 7 days.

I hope that if this is added, the maps will be bigger than usual.

I think this would be really fun to play, however there are a few things that need to be resolved,

you already mentioned the Item limet tf2 has, Removing Cosmetics is a first but other things need to be solved as well.
Tf2 has an item limet off 2048, if the server has to register more then this number, it crashes.

The following things effect the item limet:

• Players <1s>
  • face animations <1s>
  • taunts (with objects added to them, for example the engineer playing the banjo)
  • Death drops (item box, weapon and the ragdoll all take up a lot) <1s per drop>
  • Rockets,Stickies,Pipes,flares (bascially any projectile) <1s per projectile)
  • Sentry's/Buildings (1s per building)
  • The Cart (1s when pushed)
  • Weapons (every player has 3 weapons, if they die they will also drop 1 weapon, also they drop an ammo box, which is another slot) <1s pw>
  • Doors (if a door is triggered, the server has to update it) <1s when triggered>​
  • The map itself (for example badwater takes 20 slots due to certain objects and upward takes 52) <depends on map>

i am also pretty sure the plugin to remove cosmetics does this when they player spawns in, This means that for 1 frame the player will still have its cosmetics (aka 3-4 item slots that will be used). if a lot of players respawn at the same time a lot of ammo boxes+weapons will be lying around and the server will have to reserve 7 items for a frame for each player who is respawning.

there are probably more issues i have not mentioned yet, but there is nothing unsolvable. its a fun concept i would love to see but a lot of effort would have to be put in

and with the waiting for panda casual i doubt that this project will be put in action

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: Cowboy and Mikey
While I like the idea, I do feel like this would be a pain in the ass to administrate.

The following things effect the item limet:
Yes, I am aware of these but for now it's just in testing phase, it works for working but there are still the minor things to do such as these, then it's needed some more fiddling around with the settings to have the best efficiency/playability with the hardware that'll run the server, but most of the work has already been done - and it hasn't been tested at full capacity, yet.

i am also pretty sure the plugin to remove cosmetics does this when they player spawns in
No, the plugin just removes them for the client side, with the server still registering the actual cosmetics being worn. By using the same commands used to ban certain items in competitive it'll be removed on server's side.
An easy way to explain it is: If you're wearing a strange cosmetic and you score points, if you're using just the plugin to 'remove' the cosmetics your strange cosmetic will count the point(s) earned but if you do use the actual command your cosmetic will not count your point(s), even if you're wearing it in your loadout menu.

Would this server be hosted in EU or NA?
EU, unsure about US but it's always possible to suggest to add it I suppose.

• Informative
Reactions: Fairy
image 100-player jailbreak

33 guards against 67 prisoners

or even better, 4 guards against 96 prisoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread