[NEW MAP] jb_instacity (1 Viewer)

screechy

Since I'm lazy I'll just copy and paste the GB description:

Welcome to the insta-city. A corporate wasteland often surrounded by either pine forests and farms or poor, run-down communities. I've decided to make this map as a love-letter to all things Florida, from the corporate and squeaky clean to the rough and redneck. This map features four main buildings/areas, three of which have minigames within them. 7 out of the 21 minigames are unique solely to my own prior maps (notated by a *), as well as some of them being unique solely to this one as well!

Here are some of the main areas of the map and their minigames:

The Prison:
  • * Rapid Reaction (Hit the button as quickly as you can when prompted by a display. Don't swing too early!)
  • Trivia
  • Nightclub (with three original songs by Scott Kennedy himself!)
  • Crush Game
  • Fall Game
  • * Wall Game (outrun a fully-animated monster as you go-kart through a forested trailer park)
  • * Maze game (survive a fast-running and fully animated monster as it brutally maims your fellow inmates)
  • Pool
  • Soccer
  • * Street race (players must hit randomly selected buttons to race to the end of the street as fast as possible!)

The Insta-city:
  • Theater
  • {Vscript} * Animania (partake in a much cooler version of rock paper scissors with fully animated, voiced, and particle-effected anime characters!)
  • * Flood Escape (a mix of obby, climb, and stairway to heaven, with a bit of teamwork involved)
  • Chick-fil-a (diner)
  • Awp Dodge
  • Forest Derby (kart race)
  • Bithlo Lanez Bowling
  • Obby

The Publix:
  • Deathrun
  • {Vscript} * Guy's Grocery Games (compete in a battle of knowledge and speed to collect items for Guy Ramsay as quick as possible!)
  • {Vscript} * Super Suppliers (Pay attention to the falling objects and hit the right buttons to sort them. Pressing the wrong button means certain death!)

The final area is a trailer park containing some secrets within...

For server admins, the cell doors are named mca_celldoors

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ian and crubf
sounds laggy as fuck
just tested it on my piece of shit laptop and it runs decently, but on my mid tier PC it's virtually flawless. Most opinions I've gotten through extensive playtesting note how it runs decent enough, which is the best compromise I can have with this map. Optimization has been an ongoing struggle with this map, but it has gotten significantly better since v1. I will continue to work on it as best I can, but once I can gauge in-game the amount of people have some performance issues, I can determine how best to optimize it.

Users who are viewing this thread