New Game Mode - VSH DM (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Important Notice:

Establishing this as a game mode would require a limited amount of programming. It would require the use of a simple plugin known as ‘Stripper’. This would not require editing the source code for Versus Saxon Hale, and would not have an impact on the existing Versus Saxton Hale server.

Mode of play:

· A new server with a modification to the normal Versus Saxton Hale game mode

· Game is played using the VSH plugin

· Game is played using normal Arena maps with a slight modification

· Objective for Red is to kill Saxton Hale

· Objective for Saxton Hale is to kill as many Red players as their HP, or a time limit, would permit.

· Players routinely respawn throughout the round

o Players might have a limited number of respawns?

o Might be considered ‘Out’ if Saxton Hale dominates them?

o Maybe have special rounds where everyone respawns as a particular class/loadout?

o Possibly have the round end if Saxton Hale kills all players?

· A plugin is used to place more spawn points around the map to prevent spawn camping

· Up to 32 players

· Hale has a fixed amount of health (possibly the maximum) to prevent the round starting with say, 10 players, but increasing to 25 over the course of the round

· Capture point is locked

What problems do this fix with the existing VSH game mode?

One key problem with VSH is wait times. People don’t like sitting out waiting for the round to end. Friendlying is also a prominent problem with VSH, and again, this helps to resolve the problem to a large degree.

What effort does this require to establish?

Maps must be edited, either via Hammer or using Stripper, to place more spawn points.

A plugin must be found or created to enable the respawning. This should be reasonably simple (but I’m no programmer).

Some CVARs must be edited, such as preventing cap point enables – but this is quite straight forward.

Personal notes:

This could also work with Freak Fortress.

I’d recommend using larger maps for this, and possibly ones without giant pit falls such as Nucleus.

Room for Edits:
Snapchat--2729534270960855024.jpg

Reactions: Jayy
So Saxton wouldn't ever win, he would just kill as many people as he can? Sounds... Unrewarding since there's little tension, except "how long will it take for Saxton to die".

If you outlive the timer, you win. But yeah, it's basically a 'How many people can I murder with fists' mode.

"Outlive the timer" that kind of sounds like something that will promote camping. But the concept does sound quite interesting and the idea of a second VSH server has been out there for a long time so maybe. Just maybe.

Reactions: Supreme
"Outlive the timer" that kind of sounds like something that will promote camping. But the concept does sound quite interesting and the idea of a second VSH server has been out there for a long time so maybe. Just maybe.
You've played VSH for a long time right? When killing 32 people isn't enough, you need to kill more... But yeah I mean, normal VSH still being on the table wouldn't be limiting anyone's experience.

What problems do this fix with the existing VSH game mode?

One key problem with VSH is wait times. People don’t like sitting out waiting for the round to end. Friendlying is also a prominent problem with VSH, and again, this helps to resolve the problem to a large degree.

I don't know if this gamemode will resolve the wait times because people will still end up waiting around to spawn in, although I do like the concept of this.

As Evo said though, it might promote a lot of camping (from the hale who can super jump and therefore get out of the way of other players very easily) and I can't imagine this being resolved easily without an admin sitting in the server 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread