Declined Neo's ban appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:26487333&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: neobenedict
Steam ID 32 (How to get your Steam ID 32: Click here): STEAM_0:0:26487333
Date and Time of the Ban: 2022-06-20 22:28:42
Reason about the Ban: "Hiding"
Admin that Banned you: Magglet
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

I was slayed then banned for 3 days by Magglet for hiding in the upstairs boxes on vsh_degrootkeep waiting for Saxton Hale to come. I was the last person alive.

Here is the full chat log of the entire round:
[VSH] You get 10 queue points.
Den4irick : he he
Enix Valdense : finnalu
[PandaHop] #16 2Fort - ctf_2fort (23/24) [type !servers to join]
FFD700[RTD] FF4040IskanderCo rolled 8650ACLow Health.
IskanderCo : !rtd
[VSH] You are going to be Hale soon! Type /halenext to check/reset your queue points.
[Panda] 8A2BE2Want to play something else? Type 3EFF3E!hop 8A2BE2to connect to our other servers.
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed The Seductive Onion #savetf2 with bottle.
FFD700[RTD] FF4040Kermit the Hoot Frog :D rolled 32CD32Vital.
jwgales connected
(TEAM) Aerial : someone bait em
New player jwgales has connected from United States
[Hive365] This server is running Hive365 Radio type !radiohelp for Help!
[VSH] Type "!haledmg on" to display the top 3 players! Type "!haledmg off" to turn it off again.
FFD700[RTD] FF4040Kermit the Hoot Frog :D's perk has worn off.
(TEAM) Aerial : to the ladder
[PandaHop] #17 Jailbreak - jb_hopjb_v11 (0/24) [type !servers to join]
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Den4irick with bottle.
*DEAD* Den4irick : srsly
FFD700[RTD] Rolled 8650ACFire Timebomb.
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Aerial with bottle.
*DEAD* Aerial : welp
*DEAD* Aerial : so magglet
[Panda] 00FFFFVisit us at FFFFFFpanda.tf!
FFD700[RTD] Your perk has worn off.
FFD700[RTD] Ignited 0 players.
*DEAD* Aerial : how you doin
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Kermit the Hoot Frog :D with bottle.
FFD700[RTD] FF4040IskanderCo rolled 8650ACFunny Feeling.
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Slayer_930 with bottle.
Fedora connected
Fedora (Pos 2481 with 1116 points) has connected from Russia
Cannot update control point 0 for effect 'player_sparkles_red'.
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed under king with bottle.
[Trade Chat] To check what was your last offer, say /mlt.
Pyromaniac connected
Pyromaniac (Pos 62 with 45261 points) has connected from Finland
*DEAD* Aerial : anybody needs a doc?
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed IskanderCo with bottle.
FFD700[RTD] FF4040IskanderCo has died during their roll.
[Hive365] Now Playing: Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats - S.O.B.
*DEAD* Den4irick : lol
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed ♥Najrym_UwU♥ #savetf2 with bottle. (crit)
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Enix Valdense with tf_projectile_pipe. (crit)
[PandaHop] #18 Mario Kart - mario_kart_panda_v4a2z (1/24) [type !servers to join]
*DEAD* Enix Valdense : how i survive
*DEAD* Aerial : you did not
Say /amp as engineer to select 2nd building. Say /amp_help to show info.
[Panda] 3EFF3EAre you annoyed by micspammers? Type 9EC34Fvoice_enable 03EFF3E into your console to mute them permanently! (Don't forget that 9EC34Fvoice_enable 13EFF3E can reverse this!)
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Bloody Sushi Studios with bottle.
*DEAD* Enix Valdense : i saying how i survive for more time
(TEAM) Henry de Lesquen : ?
(ALL) ADMIN: stop hiding
Attempting to create unknown particle system 'spark_elecric01'
[SM] ADMIN: Slapped Neo.
[PandaHop] #01 Duel - dm_duel_18_b1_p (0/20) [type !servers to join]
Neo : ??
[Panda] ADD8E6Dont want to be hale? Write /nohale in the chat, want to reset your place in the hale queue? Then write /resetq in the chat.
*DEAD* Den4irick : !hale
[VSH] The Easter Bunny's current health is: 1662 of 15840
(ALL) ADMIN: stop hiding
Henry de Lesquen suicided.
*DEAD* Henry de Lesquen : xd
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Striker[AWP] with bottle.
*DEAD* Den4irick : hoh
*DEAD* ♥Najrym_UwU♥ #savetf2 : xDD
Draco Malformed connected
New player Draco Malformed has connected from United Kingdom
Neo : hale
*DEAD* Striker[AWP] : is neo a bot?
Neo : im on top of spawn
*DEAD* Aerial : no
Neo : come
-Cpt.Bubblegum killed Magglet with world.
*DEAD* under king : ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*DEAD* Den4irick : is bot a neo?
Neo suicided.
[SM] ADMIN: Slayed Neo.
[VSH] The Easter Bunny (-Cpt.Bubblegum) had 1030 (of 15840) health left.
Round Over - All actions/frags are ignored by HLstatsX:CE until the next round starts
[VSH] Damage dealt: 0. Score for this round: 0
under king : ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[VSH] You get 10 queue points.
Neo : ???
Henry de Lesquen : neo we could be your friend if you wabnt
(ALL) ADMIN: You were warned before by chae for not participating in the round
[VSH] Type "!haledmg on" to display the top 3 players! Type "!haledmg off" to turn it off again.
Neo : fucking admin abuse
[Panda] 99FF99Did you find a bug? Do you have a suggestion? Feel free to post it on our forums! (panda.tf)
[PandaHop] #02 War3Source - cp_orange_x3_panda_b2 (0/30) [type !servers to join]
FFD700[RTD] FF4040IskanderCo rolled 8650ACBig Head.
Magglet suicided.
Striker[AWP] : !rtd
Neo : this box is a legit strategy on this map
[VSH] You are going to be Hale soon! Type /halenext to check/reset your queue points.
Pyromaniac killed Slayer_930 with goomba. (crit)
*DEAD* Magglet : Ur getting banned
*DEAD* Magglet : 3 days
FFD700[RTD] FF4040IskanderCo's perk has worn off.
Neo : nope
FFD700[RTD] Rolled 8650ACIgnition.
Disconnect: Client Disconnect.
Disconnect: Client Disconnect.

I am temporarily tabbed out of the game and tab back in, shortly after I receive first warning "(ALL) ADMIN: stop hiding" I move from my position in one of the outer houses to the spawn of the map. As I am walking to spawn hale kills another 3-4 players, and I become the last person alive, so I head upstairs to wait for hale as I am a heavy and it's unlikely without rage hale could win in an indoors space. I am simply playing to win and this is a completely valid strategy to do so.

Secondly "(ALL) ADMIN: You were warned before by chae for not participating in the round" I assume he is referencing a ban from 8 months ago where I was AFK. The fail hale ban is mostly unjustified (I reconnected during warmup to avoid being a certain hale, which isn't against the rules explicitly) but that's a separate matter and it expired, so whatever.

In the previous round, he slayed another player trying to rock paper scissors hale with 3 people alive. If he is simply "enforcing rules", the rules need to change, or be clearer that it's allowed to challenge hale to rock paper scissors if you otherwise have no chance of winning, and you are allowed to remain indoors to wait for hale if you are e.g. an engineer or heavy... do you expect an engineer to pick up camp and walk it outside?

This is really less about the ban and more that Magglet is slaying and banning people for playing the game normally... it needs to stop.

The rules for VSH are:
#5 & US – Saxton Hale:

No camping/delaying as the Boss.
If you want to disable being Hale automatically, type !nohale in chat.

No teaming.
Do your damage, help your team and don’t waste time.

Join team Spectator if you need to go AFK.
Every AFK spawned player implies about 1K HP in addition to Hale for free, and more effort left to active teammates.

• An exception to the ghosting (2g) rule listed below
When certain players have been camping for an extended time (or an Engineer's base is the last player or group of players left in VSH and they are clearly waiting for the Boss) and giving their position away serves to move the game along.

You can't camp as the boss, but you can camp as a player.

In fact it's explicitly allowed in the FF2 rules:
You may camp as red if you are:
  • Pyro with the phlog
  • Demo with active stickies
  • Heavy
  • Engineer
  • Medic while healing a camping class
  • Sniper

One more thing: I don't play with voice chat enabled so if he warned over voice I would have missed those.

• Haha
Reactions: _Black
This explains a fair bit actually.

It is difficult as admin to give written warnings when you are actively playing. I tried to type a few out as you can see but mainly used voice because I was still in the round.

I asked you multiple times to take part in the round over voice because you were hiding, you did not casually walk over when you were last player I checked you were hiding from 10 players alive or at least afk. I still gave you two warnings whilst being chased by the easter bunny as well as multiple over voice.

My view of the situation, you spent the majority of the round afk which you admit as apparently you wandered over to your spot at 4-5 players which were killed just as you arrived, would justify a ban for being afk because you were literally just banned for failing as hale whilst being afk. I would have strongly considered an unban with the knowledge that your voice was turned off so an adequate explanation was missing from you, but your attitude has been awful,
you decided instead of just adding me or messaging me privately or just appealing, in an attempt to make me look bad attempt to disgrace me on the panda discord explaining basic vsh rules to me, I sent you the link to the clarification of the no teaming rule and left you to it.

For some clarification, we are perfectly okay with heavies hiding if they survive until the end of the round as that strategy maximises there damage potential as I am sure you were attempting. What is not okay, is spending half the round afk hidden whilst you tend to online matters, joining back immediately going to hide helping the team out in no way then expecting to be rewarded with thousands of damage because you denied other players crits whilst hiding.

I am personally against any unban Kru or Chae will have the final say.

For some context of what he is referring to with me apparently slaying the last rps player this is completely untrue, Aerial was slayed for afk taunting whilst 10 players remained after multiple warnings for being inactive and not playing with his team to defeat hale in anyway, expecting the gimmick choice of RPSing as last player whilst not earning it. Aerial understood why and moved on without any issues.

• Agree
Reactions: _Black
I am temporarily tabbed out of the game and tab back in, shortly after I receive first warning "(ALL) ADMIN: stop hiding" I move from my position in one of the outer houses to the spawn of the map. As I am walking to spawn hale kills another 3-4 players, and I become the last person alive, so I head upstairs to wait for hale as I am a heavy and it's unlikely without rage hale could win in an indoors space. I am simply playing to win and this is a completely valid strategy to do so.

According to Magglet, you were hiding pretty much the entire round. First you were AFK hiding at the start, then you moved somewhere else to hide. Camping itself is not against the rules, as long as you're helping your team in some way. But to me it sounds like you were just hiding the entire round without helping your team.

Secondly "(ALL) ADMIN: You were warned before by chae for not participating in the round" I assume he is referencing a ban from 8 months ago where I was AFK. The fail hale ban is mostly unjustified (I reconnected during warmup to avoid being a certain hale, which isn't against the rules explicitly) but that's a separate matter and it expired, so whatever.

You were actually warned about a week ago for reconnecting when you're hale, and ignoring warnings to just do /nohale or /resetq. Rejoining during your hale round DOES count as fail hale.

and you are allowed to remain indoors to wait for hale if you are e.g. an engineer or heavy... do you expect an engineer to pick up camp and walk it outside?

Those classes can help the team in multiple ways, and yes camping is one of them. However, no one forces you to just hide the entire round in some random corner As a Heavy, you can shoot the hale from a distance when you're camping somewhere. As an Engineer, you can use your pistol/wrangler. Even if you're not dealing heavy amounts of damage, you're still helping the team.

You can't camp as the boss, but you can camp as a player.

In fact it's explicitly allowed in the FF2 rules:
You may camp as red if you are:
  • Pyro with the phlog
  • Demo with active stickies
  • Heavy
  • Engineer
  • Medic while healing a camping class
  • Sniper

The "camping as a red" rule only applies to the FF2 server. It never applied to VSH.

The ban will stay, appeal declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread