My TF2 freezes up all the time (1 Viewer)

Vecomti

So in tf2 (happens in Left 4 Dead 2 as well), it happens a lot that my screen freezes up, basically everything on the screen kind of goes back in time to how it was like.. 0,5 sec ago, and freeze up for around a sec or two. This happens all the time and usually two - three times after it first freezes up.
Anyways, basically it's only the screen, kind of, that freezes up, as I am able to move around and shoot or jump as it occours.

I have no idea how to fix it, I am not sure if you guys got anything out of the description but ples halp D:

So in tf2 (happens in Left 4 Dead 2 as well), it happens a lot that my screen freezes up, basically everything on the screen kind of goes back in time to how it was like.. 0,5 sec ago, and freeze up for around a sec or two. This happens all the time and usually two - three times after it first freezes up.
Anyways, basically it's only the screen, kind of, that freezes up, as I am able to move around and shoot or jump as it occours.

I have no idea how to fix it, I am not sure if you guys got anything out of the description but ples halp D:

It might just be your connection.But try to reinstall tf2

I have, it no help\o/ It has been happening for like a month or two

I think the graphic card cna just not support it so it just freezes to catch up on every frame.It use to happen to me to.

I think the graphic card cna just not support it so it just freezes to catch up on every frame.It use to happen to me to.
I can play Civ5, Watch Dogs, CS:GO, Super Meat Boy (and so on) just fine
*I dont actually know what the graphic card does
**I do not actually know a single thing about computers

I can play Civ5, Watch Dogs, CS:GO, Super Meat Boy (and so on) just fine
*I dont actually know what the graphic card does
**I do not actually know a single thing about computers

Graphic card allows you to play games with quality and sometimes when the game is lading too much frames it will lag the graphic card(freeze) so than it can "catch up"

Graphic card allows you to play games with quality and sometimes when the game is lading too much frames it will lag the graphic card(freeze) so than it can "catch up"
I can play Watch dogs on teh best shit n stuff, so wouldn't that be weird? Or is that not how it works xD

I can play Watch dogs on teh best shit n stuff, so wouldn't that be weird? Or is that not how it works xD

well, you sure its not connection problem?

Put net_graph 1 in your console and check whether it is a ping or an fps problem. If neither then I have no clue; if fps I might have a clue because I've been coping with horrible fps too.

Put net_graph 1 in your console and check whether it is a ping or an fps problem. If neither then I have no clue; if fps I might have a clue because I've been coping with horrible fps too.

Yeah but i think that if its neither its just that he has a shitty graphics card :)

i got no issues, runs well since ages on my HD7970 and my sexy SSD.
can be also a custom hud issue if you are using one.

Reactions: stalker455655
i got no issues, runs well since ages on my HD7970 and my sexy SSD.
can be also a custom hud issue if you are using one.
Aint nobody got time for dem fancy pansy custom huds yo

If you want to check your graphics card you can type "dxdiag" in the Windows search bar, and click on the Display bar.
Images
0d7c3c45f3.png

Search for dxdiag..
3385220867.jpg
Your card should be displayed under "Name" in the device section

2b17549d5d.jpg

Well its horrible graphic card then.

Unlikely. TF2 ran fine on my integrated while my GPU died.

I'd pin it down to something being on a wrong setting, try fiddling around with things. Posting your system specs would help too.

I fixed that problem when I was on a Radeon 4350 ages ago, mess around with mat_queue_mode in console, mine is default to -1, but 1 or 2 or 0 might make stuff better or worse.

If it only happens in TF and L4D then it's some sort of engine problem within those games, not a graphics issue. Especially not with 270~ fps.

Reactions: stalker455655
Unlikely. TF2 ran fine on my integrated while my GPU died.

I'd pin it down to something being on a wrong setting, try fiddling around with things. Posting your system specs would help too.

I fixed that problem when I was on a Radeon 4350 ages ago, mess around with mat_queue_mode in console, mine is default to -1, but 1 or 2 or 0 might make stuff better or worse.

If it only happens in TF and L4D then it's some sort of engine problem within those games, not a graphics issue. Especially not with 270~ fps.

I run with a 300 fps and i had that problem until i changed the graphic card,Well now i dont have it anymore

Users who are viewing this thread