My resignation (1 Viewer)

MercyOnly

After 4 months of trying, I give up.

But first, let me tell you a story :

I've played on #6 for a very long time, spending approx. 900 hours on the hightower MAP alone. I've played on #6 specifically, since August of 2014. The amount of admins constantly visiting it was so low it became bothersome. Solid was the -only- one i could reliably call upon to deal with a rulebreaker or hacker. Of course, nobody liked how Solid operated, so I applied for admin because I wanted to have a friendly environment where I would enjoy my TF2 gameplay without being constantly harassed or destroyed by hackers.

After I became a trial, my mentors, atleast, one of them, which was violet, highly agreed that I was competent enough to be promoted during my first month. After that talk, violet resigned and left me to be mentored by Falcon, who completely does not give a shit about TF2 anymore and he was useful for replacing my bans with permanent ones and explaining a few commands. Evo, on the other hand, was the one who gave me the admin guide during my trial period which extremely helped me out, so I'm extremely thankful to him for being the true mentor I wanted during my trial period.

I became more active on the forums and finally joined Mumble as well. I've heard of lots of gossip and complaints about how things were run here and how things need organizing. I befriended the group of admins that left on April 28 and I still do not regret being friends with them since they are lovely people who just got fed up with being constantly ignored.

Got promoted to full admin - huzzah, now I'm a big boy in a lonely world. Soon after, the group I befriended completely left Panda, so I had no one to discuss anything with. The more time I spent alone, watching as people left and protested, the more I realised how right they were.

A week had passed after my promotion to full admin and boom - I'm suddenly a senior admin by default due to how they were chosen. Immediately, I tried to do what I had always wanted to do when I applied and that is to change how things were run.

Now I'm here, in my chair, looking at all the time I had wasted trying to change something that cannot be changed due to how everything is run. The admin application system is completely shit due to votes being counted off of "+1 friendly" and "+1 uses calladmin"

Kevin, although I respect you for what you've done for us, you need to get rid of your trust issues and share with us what's going on, else your fake image of change drops pretty quickly.

No one is in touch with you to know what's going on, we cannot give -INPUT- as a community to make acceptable changes that would be for the benefit of us all.

The Senior Admin rank should have never been created. Right now it's simply used by the majority of seniors as a warm seat for the people who think they'll be life-time chancellors. If you really think you deserve the rank, do something instead of wasting the precious time this community has to fix itself.

This is all I have to say. I've tried, I failed, many will disagree, few might agree, but the problem with how things are run and the barrier between the people and the leader is way too big to retain any stability. As long as it keeps going like this, people will continue resigning because they're simply fed up.

I resign and I leave 2 trusted people in my Hightower admin position. Regardless of who you assign, I'll privately mentor them until they get promoted to full. I know I chose right when vouching for them, so I leave them as the 2 competent people in my place.

I'll still be on the forums (if I don't get forumbanned for speaking my mind) and watch over how things go, just as Evo does these days, but I'm quitting this bad drug before I cause more mental pain to myself.

I thank the few fellow admins I've had the pleasure of working with as I intended to and the ones that I didn't - you can figure out the reason yourselves.

PS: Quit with your shitty mentality of ass-licking and not hurting people's feelings. It's a cruel world and people who shouldn't be accepted as admin -SHOULD NOT BE-.

Gosh dangit, I was not expecting for you to leave. Over time here I've seen you as a pretty great guy, even though you could be pretty negative sometimes and when you were you really took it on the super negative side. :p Either way, I still thought of you as a pretty good admin and in my opinion you really earned what you were there for. I saw you a lot around the forums, a lot of opinions on applications, Hightower business and much else. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you're deciding to do in the future. Have a great one!

Also, "failed", I don't see that as failing, I see that as trying to the wrong thing. Kevin did not take notice of the things you were to improve, so it's highly not failing.

Bye hawwis, I hope you have a good future with whatever you do. You were always a person that was trying to help, I'm kinda sad that you say you've failed though. I think you did your job well. Bye man

Thanks for sharing your story, very interesting to read. It's sad to see you leave, I somehow liked you. :) But I would love to ask you some questions in Steam sometime soon as I don't really know anything about the last months before I joined the forums...

I don't know what I am going to miss the most, your posts in the admin apps that I rarely dissagree with, your wise philosophic discussions with evo in the shoutbox or the way you confront people like Ciro and Michael.

The reason why you leave is very valid and I understand your decision. Good luck!

I get the feeling that you couldn't take it anymore when Joe got accepted. I could be wrong, I probably am wrong, but that's what I think.

You're one of the very few people here who actually have the guts to tell us your deepest opinion, unlike many others who just follow the stream. I will miss that. We didn't know each other well, we talked a few times but that's it. I wish you good luck to whatever you choose to do next, who knows. Hopefully your thread will work as a reminder for Kevin amd Ron, something has to be done, I agree.

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin and Mertes
Being completly honest with you, i would have never imagine me saying that one day, seeing how things started between you and me, but i'm really sad to read that and to hear that you're leaving. You were the only one here, who still had an Admin position, to say things how they were, where everyone else was too busy following the train.

You did the best that you could do, but, sadly, it was not enough. Hopefully you'll get more chance in the future, sincerely.

I feel that you did do some influence/improvement here. I'm glad that you helped with at least setting some particular guidelines on the admin application process and well.. Both you and matt-ers have contributed within the senior team very well.
When I read this I do have to admit I have done nothing so far. The only thing I've really done is passed things onto Ron and that's it. I thought of maybe suggesting a more private voting so people don't feel inclined to +1 to either kiss up or not hurt anyone's feeling but I feel if I suggest something I'll be wasting my time.
I value your opinion. Maybe I should of took it more on board with Joe's application...I'm not sure. A lot of things have been difficult to decide recently of what is best for the community.

Either way I wanted to thank you very much for what you have done for this community. I hope whatever you move onto you'll find peace from all that has stressed you about this.

You're one of the very few people here who actually have the guts to tell us your deepest opinion, unlike many others who just follow the stream
You were the only one here, who still had an Admin position, to say things how they were, where everyone else was too busy following the train.
way you confront people like Ciro and Michael.
not gonna say "you were the only one saying what you really thought" since:
1) it isn't true
2) i'd be following the "stream"

we had our little diagreements (joe's app for exemple) and our relation was kinda cold. so i am just gonna say good luck in the future and thanks for your time spent in the community.

Who will now be someone called vladimir pootis on the forums? :(

Users who are viewing this thread