Accepted My Admin Application for Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matth

Good evening, everybody. This is my admin application.

Name/Nickname: Matt-ers?

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60676189

Online Times: It depends. These hours will concern GMT+1 (Italy). On Summer I'm online from 10/11 to 14, and from 16/17 to 20, and from 23 to 1 (these are my average Summer online times). During the school year, surely I play less: only in the afternoon, from 16 to 17, and from 20 to 21. There are days when I don't have to study a lot, so I can be online more during the afternoon-evening (I hope). And then there are Saturdays and Sundays, which are often free for me.
The very good thing is that I play ONLY tf2 (altough I've got other nice games), on pandacommunity's Jailbreak Server. But I'll explain why in a next question.

Do you have an Microphone?: Yes, I have. And I use it.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I've never been admin/mod, neither on TF2 nor in other Steam games. My only experience as Mod was 2-3 years ago, on the social game Smeet. In my and other admins' opinion, I made a good job. Then I left from there because that game became boring.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: Jailbreak, I discovered this server last December. Well... I'd say that it's the server I Most play on, generally, on TF2! I ask to become Admin exclusively for Jailbreak. If I got a call from other servers and maps, I would just punish bad behaviour, since I don't know other little rules from other maps. Jailbreak's server is the server which Most, Most need admins, in my opinion.

Do you have experience with SourceMod and how it works?: As you could imagine... No, because I've never been Admin/Mod. I hope this is not a big problem, also because I'm fastlearner.

Why should we choose you?: People (in real life and on Steam), people know (I hope they also like) me for my open-mind, accuracy, gravity , politeness, humility, Maturity. EvoWarrior was right (are you reading it, Evo?): you can be 13 years old, and be mature; you can be 17 and not be mature. In my life, I'm very respectful, and I require the same respect. People believe in me, and I like it. Faith must be gained, and I hope I'll gain it from you, too. I give a great importance to rules, and to rights. Sometimes people think I give too much importance, in both lives (virtual and real lives). If I wish to become Admin, it's also because I'm really bored (and mainly sorry) to continuosly call the same Admins (I'd like to talk about Electrod, Chillix, DatAssassin, who are very helpful and are very often in the server, but logically, not always), in order to report rulebreakers in the jailbreak server.
I'm not Admin, but in this moment I'd call me Reporter. I've made many reports during these months on forum, and I costantly help admins, when I can. I didn't know rules the first time I played... like everybody, but after months and months, I know them very clearly.
I spend, I said, most of my game time on Jailbreak server, and I simply Hate rulebreakers. If I were Admin, I would help my coworkers. In my opinion Jailbreak is the best tf2 mod, and I tried many servers, but PandaCommunity's one is the best. Why the best? Because maps are very nice, and admins are very helpful. But when no Admin is online, troubles come. That's the best TF2 mod, so, but only if managed. I'd like to support this great team, which is PandaCommunity, in the best way possible. I'm not trying to charm you, and sorry if I gave this sensation.
I only want to praise you, for what your... our community has become. Congratulations!

What will you do as Admin?: In few words, I will do what a real Admin must do in order to guarantee fun to everybody who joins jailbreak: punishing rulebreakers in the best way possible, so that Players like me can REALLY enjoy this mod, and the server. Having no rulebreakers would be really wonderful, but we know it's just impossible. And why should 1 disrespectful guy ruin the fun of 10-15 other good players? No, simply I don't stand this.
TF2 is a game, but even games need rules, and people to make rules respected.
With your help, Admins, we'll try to keep Fun on server, always, 24/7, together.
About the punishments, well, they depend on the rulebreak.
First of all, if somebody breaks a rule, Admins need to warn him. If that's something really bad, slaying the rulebreaker is good. It could be he's new and doesn't know rules. Continuing with rulebreaking (or if the user is not new, plays from a lot of time, and/or already got a ban) it means kick, or ban, it depends on the gravity of the action. If after kick he returns with other rulebreaks, it's an insta-ban. The duration of ban depends on the gravity of the action, again.

Thank you, Admin, for your time. I hope I will join your team. If not, I'll continue helping the admins, in the best way possible. I wish to help you, more as I already do.
Good evening again, Admins.

Last edited:
The only bit that I miss here is that bans start short and increase in length when the rulebreaker repeats his transgression upon return. Furthermore, insta-ban comes across as permanent. Aside from that, despite (or partly because of) it being a long read it is one of the best applications I have read, and we need a lot more JB admins.

Since I never play JB I hardly ever comment on its applications and let the JB admins judge for me. This one gets my +, though.

Reactions: Matth
Pretty active player and also certified reporter on jailbreak that I know enough to say he can be a good jailbreak admin, if he stop calling rulebreakers as "noob" and such.

He told me he would stop earlier, so I guess (and I also hope) that's fine.

Reactions: Maddity
The only bit that I miss here is that bans start short and increase in length when the rulebreaker repeats his transgression upon return. Furthermore, insta-ban comes across as permanent. Aside from that, despite (or partly because of) it being a long read it is one of the best applications I have read, and we need a lot more JB admins.

Since I never play JB I hardly ever comment on its applications and let the JB admins judge for me. This one gets my +, though.
+1 this guy is very gud
Thank you a lot, EvoWarrior. I was (and am) very honest in what I said.
I should learn the System of bans, because I'd be a bit novice in this.
With insta-ban I meant that I'd ban people (for 1 hour, 2 hours, until 1 day) faster as I could. Keeping warning is useless, if rulebreakers already got warnings, and slay/kick. (so, no permanent, that is automatic at 6th ban, I remember).
Thanks again, to terenciogamer, too!

Pretty active player and also certified reporter on jailbreak that I know enough to say he can be a good jailbreak admin, if he stop calling rulebreakers as "noob" and such.

He told me he would stop earlier, so I guess (and I also hope) that's fine.
Well Electrod, yes, as normal player, I say many things, but not so offensive. Noob at all... Literally yes, because they are newbie.
I said, I respect if others respect. As raged freekilled player, I can just call him noob (or similar, like everybody does), and then report to you admins, and wait for you.
But, As Admin, no respect (I mean rulebreakings) against other players or me is punished in the ways we know.
Thanks again.

You can't insult people as admin when they're rulebreaking. Like, if someone is being a gigantic asshole and acting really dumb when arguing with you, saying 'idiot' a single time is of course acceptable. But as admin you can't go around insulting, even when you justify it with them being rulebreakers.

Reactions: Electrod
That's what I said, Evo. Sorry if how I wrote it wasn't clear.
As Admin I wouldn't insult, why should I do it (even the only 1 acceptable time)? That would be Useless, just a total Wasting of breath or words for somebody who will be punished... by me or other admins.
The "respect for respect" was about "me normal player vs rulebreaker".
So nevermind, with the "problem" of insulting (not existent).

It's funny how every jailbreak player (which isn't a completly moron) makes an admin application, but I know we need more Jailbreak admins.

It's funny how every jailbreak player (which isn't a completly moron) makes an admin application, but I know we need more Jailbreak admins.

That's also why they're making it, they're pissed of the rulebreakers.

Reactions: Maddity
I wrote it in my app, Chillix.
I made application not because I want "admin power" and receiving respect and consideration by other players. That's not for it.
I just want more admins, because I'm very sorry for calling always the same 3-4 admins (you and Electrod included).
Not me as admin? It's not a problem if, for example, Maddity becomes admin instead of me. I want to help the server's users like Maddity wants. I'll call Maddity as additional admin. BUT we need more admins, only for Jailbreak server.
Me, Maddity, anybody who wants and is able to: join the admins group.

I made application not because I want "admin power" and receiving respect and consideration by other players. That's not for it.
I just want more admins, because I'm very sorry for calling always the same 3-4 admins (you and Electrod included).
Not me as admin? It's not a problem if, for example, Maddity becomes admin instead of me. I want to help the server's users like Maddity wants. I'll call Maddity as additional admin. BUT we need more admins, only for Jailbreak server.
Same here. Although I make videos as reports so rulebreakrs can't avoid punishment, I want to actually help players who want to play a rulebreaking-free game.

Also, thanks for the support and I could say the same of you. If I won't become admin, but you or other active players will, than I'm still happy with it. We just want to make sure that players will enjoy playing. :)

I just quickly read through the whole thread, and I do see you are extremely active on Jailbreak. I would really like some help sometimes since I don't see everything (nor does any other admin for that matter). You are a great person and I would really like to see your perfomance.
+1
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Good Luck!
Overused emoticon yay!

I obviously say the same for you, and to you, Da Random! Thanks!

Same here.
I never wanted admin power to gain respect.
I just wanted to let this server be good.

Reactions: stalker455655
+1 nothing to add,active and great guy.I think he deserves admin most with stalker and maddity.
I always try to do my best helping people, and I like that people notice it and congratulate me (in real and virtual life).
Yes, Maddity would be a very good Admin, too!
Thank you for your support!

Reactions: stalker455655
accepted, contact me tomorrow please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread