Declined Mr. Elk's Application - TX Dodgeball (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortex

Name/Nickname: Mr. Elk, Or just Elk.

Age: 14 (I have asked Nightascythe and they have said I am acceptable of age.)

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:1:251511690

Online Times and timezone: (School will change times) Mon - Tues: 6 pm to 11 pm|Friday 5:30 pm- 12 am (Depending on who I am with [Divorced Parents]) Sat-Sun: 8 am - 1 am| Pacific Time Zone

Do you have a Microphone?: Yes.

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I used to be a moderator on a GMOD server back in 2015, I have co-owned 2 TF2 servers. This is unimportant, but I have been staff on many Minecraft servers.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: I play on TX Dodgeball and sometimes jailbreak NY. I am trying to apply for TX Dodgeball.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: I do have experience with administrating with SourceMod, and I know the basics.

Why should we choose you?: I enjoy spending time on panda and talking with the community. It seems like a great environment that gives me joy to come online. I love to moderate servers, since it gives me something to do, and provide a new purpose to be on more. I am familiar with panda and the servers as well. I have a general understanding of the rules.

What will you do as Admin?: I will enforce the rules such as if they have three warnings for mic spam I will gag them for 30 minutes. Alternatively, if they are spamming chat, I will mute them for 30 minutes. I know I cannot ban as a trial, but I will inform my mentor of the rule breaker. I do know how to handle people who steal, block, team kill, etc.
Dodgeball Punishments:
Stealing in general: Slay
Stealing multiple times: Kick
Team killing: 1-3 Warnings - Kick/Ban
Blocking: Warning/Slay, Kick, Ban.
Etc.
but my overall plan is to make sure people can enjoy their time on the servers.

I actually had a long talk to him. And I said he could apply. Its still up to the db admins. But for the age I approve. The rest im not gonna get involved with

Mr. Elk, known to me as Vortex has been with Panda Dodgeball for as long as I can remember playing.
He may be fourteen years old, but if you didn't know and heard him on mic you would assume he is much older.
That also entails he doesn't act his age, he is a mature and well rounded player.

Gameme
Chat

Sessions - 8 days 08:28:08 hours total
Bans - One for stealing via web ban, assuming player report.

Other than being a donor for Panda, Mr. Elk has shown his interest in being a member of the community.
I think he would make a good choice as a possible staff member.

Good:
He does use a microphone for the majority of the time, no quality issues or spam that I can recall.
He is well aware of the rules in place.
Has sourcemod experience.

Bad:
Sessions will show he visits TX very frequently, but does not stay long. This needs to be improved.
General understanding of ban times and abilities as a staff member. Not imperative for an app, this is your time to ask questions.
(Trial admins can ban a player, just not permanently.)

Overall I have nothing bad to say.
+1 for me if he can improve session times.

Reactions: dangergirl99
I also said that he have to improve that when i talked to him. Hopefully it wil happen

General understanding of ban times and abilities as a staff member. Not imperative for an app, this is your time to ask questions ..
Is there any basic guideline to the warning system, such as a maximum amount before a ban?

Hello, I don't know if I should give any sort of rating as this was made the day of my hiring, but I will give my insight of him at least.

good
He is a fun character to have around, is extremely social, and well liked. He does show some enforcement of the rules. He has shown that he would make a decent admin in that he has a good grasp of the rules and that he acts upon those rules when ever he can (such as telling someone to not do that thing or what rule does what). He is very patient and easy going from what I've seen. His app is well written and has shown that while he doesn't stay on long, he has visited more frequently (at least from what I've seen in game). He does his best to not break the rules and when he does he usually slays himself.

negative
His mic is a tiny bit too quiet but that may just be me. He does say some things that if taken the wrong way can be hurtful (ex: he tells me often that "I'm bad" but I know it's a joke) so that is one thing to be careful of.

regarding the application
From what I have seen in game, he does enjoy playing on the server as he has quite a bit of friends in the community, and has visible interest in being an admin.

Your punishment guidelines are a little less than decent, but if you are hired you are given some guidelines to follow.

I would love to see him on the team and would give full consideration. Good luck Elk!

• Agree
Reactions: YourBiggestFan
Is there any basic guideline to the warning system, such as a maximum amount before a ban?
Sorry, I never got any notification for this thread and have just seen this.
To answer your question, before any admin issues a ban they must check for prior bans via console.
If somebody has 4-5 bans for stealing, you will know they have been warned enough and you should probably just ban them at three warnings.
If somebody has 0 bans, you will know they are likely a new player, and can be given some slack, say five warnings instead.
Punishments can vary for different admins, but essentially it works by increasing the ban time for players who have previous bans.

• Informative
Reactions: Vortex
Hi there, I have seen vortex before and he is a polite guy, however I have seen some things with your mic as I have had numerous people tell me about that, I am not aware of this, but if a lot of people know of this, then you probably do this often. I am willing to give you the chance, however you need to be careful of how you use your mic, and not do bad things with it as an admin is suppose to be mature and not like spam over random things on it, overall I would like to see another admin on the team so my vote will be a +1.

Hi there, I have seen vortex before and he is a polite guy, however I have seen some things with your mic as I have had numerous people tell me about that, I am not aware of this, but if a lot of people know of this, then you probably do this often. I am willing to give you the chance, however you need to be careful of how you use your mic, and not do bad things with it as an admin is suppose to be mature and not like spam over random things on it, overall I would like to see another admin on the team so my vote will be a +1.
I will be more mature and careful, thank you for the consideration.

This is a heads up, I will not be online as much as I would like to this week, I'm currently at my mothers house during vacation (Divorced) and I'm trying to fix my laptop but the internet speed and my old computer don't mix well. Every time I try to play TF2 it will shortly crash, so I'm trying my best to be active but my connectivity time will drop. I'm just giving a heads up since this is not common, the most I've been offline is 2 days. This will not happen again.

I wouldn't mind him being part of the team. He doesn't steal when I'm around anyways. He's a good dodgeball player who knows the rules. Although questionable mic use, but besides the basics he would make for a decent admin. Taking myself a few months back when I had more time for dodgeball, and less work to do. From how I rated him he was a nice fellow player who likes dodgeball just as much as anyone else does on the server. I can't add anything else that wouldn't make mine just as repetitive as everyone has said, but my words are the same with the rest of the admins. Although I noticed a slight bit of spam in your chat. Nothing too extreme. Just very close in time frame.

wh9rOI.jpg

Also some Espanol as well.
X6tZaK.jpg

You can find it by looking at his chat and finding the date and time from when he sent the message.

Need some fix
Try not to spam the uh. Steal chat as much.

Try to prevent yourself from speaking a different language in chat and, just in case, the mic as well. Which I'm pretty sure you don't.

Either way I hope to see you in the admin team, and I'll give you my plus one. :vanilla2:

Hey Spanky, that Spanish actually translates to "this server is English only." :b
That's actually not a bad thing, because a lot of our Hispanic players don't understand any warning messages in English.

• Winner
Reactions: Waxel
declined due to lack of activity.
last forum activity 11w ago.

you can apply again once your activity is back up aswell after the 21.05.2018.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread