mobile phone app? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be a great idea.
However it would need a lot of preparation leading up to it and there would have to be a plan on how it would work out to keep it up on the play store/app store.

• Agree
Reactions: Antsmashers
hm... Don't know how the android market works, but for apple you need to play 100 dollars per year and get the approval of apple that the app is okay. Not sure if it would be worth the 100 dollars a year. Either way, there is always the possibility to change the layout of the forum entirely if someone is on a phone.

Why would you need an app if the responsive design automatically downscales to a mobile view already?

Why would you need an app if the responsive design automatically downscales to a mobile view already?
that and meh, i have the apple development access for ios, maybe when i get my macbook i look into it to make something fancy (server overview, load etc.)

Reactions: Jayy
It doesn't work very well on mobile at all, when I logged in on my phone yesterday I couldn't even type because it just keeps fucking up.

It doesn't work very well on mobile at all, when I logged in on my phone yesterday I couldn't even type because it just keeps fucking up.
Considering I use it on my phone almost daily, it is safe to say that the issue lies with you. Chrome on a Galaxy S4 with Cyanogenmod 11 here.

no issues on my iPhone 6 Plus either Note 3-4 or either my iPad, working as supposed.

Using Windows phone 8.1 Internet explorer ;__;
I'm having some minor issues with writing too, but the forums are still usable.

Using Windows phone 8.1 Internet explorer ;__;
I'm having some minor issues with writing too, but the forums are still usable.
I refuse to support IE. The more devs support it, the slower it dies. That witch should have been on the stake years ago.

HTC Sense, anybody no?
I do have some problems sometimes with accessing the forums with that "thing". But most of the time I'm on an iPad.

No issues on an LG G3 using most of the commonly used browsers currently in the Play store.

An app would be useless for the forums themselves, since it would just be a WebView.

maybe when i get my macbook i look into it to make something fancy (server overview, load etc.)

Or... y'know. I could make a mobile-friendly version of whatever you need. (And all those backend features you like such as notifications)

No issues on an LG G3 using most of the commonly used browsers currently in the Play store.

An app would be useless for the forums themselves, since it would just be a WebView.

Or... y'know. I could make a mobile-friendly version of whatever you need. (And all those backend features you like such as notifications)
As long as you don't touch any existing code you can do anything you like. Anything mobile is not worth the time in my eyes.

As long as you don't touch any existing code you can do anything you like. Anything mobile is not worth the time in my eyes.

I just mean some things like the status page for Kevin, or make some scripts for notifications when some server is down etc.

It´s just a suggestion, so when you have too much free time you can work on it sometimes.

Well, with my iphone 5s i got no problems.
Also i do agree that a mobile app would be just a waste.I think maybe you can edit to make it a bit better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread