Not open for further replies.

Mehgend

Hey guys I am a dumbass

Mehgend
STEAM_0:1:103123603
2024-02-16 03:59:12
Alting
Console

I connected with a random ass free VPN by accident. I won't make that mistake again again I swear!

Any particular reason why you use a VPN? Security reasons?
Do you have any alt accounts? If so please give the steam profile links. This includes anybody within your household, such as a brother dad etc.
Do you play TF2 outside of your household, such as at school or a friends house?

I use a crummy little VPN to use blocked sites on campus as their blocked sites is really bizarre and have some websites blocked that I actually have to use to get some work done. My router I brought so I didn't have to VPN got confiscated like 2 weeks into classes and I cant get it back until the end of the semester if they even still have it lol. Normally I just disable it when playing games, but I forgot to once and it got me banned. Sucks lol, but iI will make sure to disable it so this never happens again.

I do not have any alts whatsoever, I do not believe anyone else uses TF2 on campus, and no one but me has ever used my account.

Right now my primary TF2 playing is done on a college campus, but I have had no problem with Panda servers with that connection.

On the off chance someone else on the campus plays on a Panda server and gets banned forever in the future I'll cut my loses there and just not play while on campus to make things simple, but no one has done that as I was fine until I got myself banned with the VPN.

So your circumstances are a little sus. You were in the middle of an alt raid happening with these alts also using proton VPN. Your timing also lined up with the retries.

But I don't have any solid proof that it was you. Your story checks out from what I can see. Weird your college blocks websites.

I will give you warning though that if this happens again under similar circumstances the result of that appeal may take longer to process and there's no guarantee it'll be accepted. Your connection may also be monitored, such as for IP changes or connections with other steam accounts. I would recommend going with your last statement just not playing on your campus anymore. Get studying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread