Completed Massive Freekillers. (1 Viewer)

Should players allowed to stop a massive freekiller in any sort of way?

• Yes

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
E2b1p7m.png

5 admins, 2 from EU timezones, are all unavailable, you expect people to just take the MFK and do absolutely nothing? Reports take days and or more to even be resolved, yet you expect players to just sit and wait patiently for nothing to happen?
That's how you kill a server. The admins that get calls don't even ask a full admin that is at least familiar with the rules to join and resolve it cause they're busy, no? I find it hard to believe that all 5 of you are so busy at the exact same time that you are all unable to message a full. Banning players for attempting to play the gamemode is so ridiculous, especially if you are all unavailable, and unable to message someone to come on and deal with the problem.
Sorry JB players, you're not allowed to do anything that will allow you to play the gamemode at least somewhat normally. Saying "no you can't do that, illegal man" is just telling people that they are not allowed to do something that will allow them to play, and if they do something to allow them to play, and then ban them...is just wow..no words.

Hi, firstly I'd like to thank the JB regulars for giving such important feedback so quickly into this issue. Although many of you don't seem to play much recently, the response shown is very positive & the Jailbreak team and I are currently organising a time to discuss an update to the rules to include protecting the round from mass freekillers if no admins are available. I wholeheartedly agree with the premise of allowing Blus to kill MFKers, playing the game mode is ultimately the reason players connect to the server which is easily ruined by MFK, however there are some risks and consequences which come with allowing this;

Firstly, when FF is turned on, of course Reds have the ability to kill each other too, and while killling a MFKer prevents the majority of Reds from missing a round - what's to be said about any Reds who are teamkilled in their cells or otherwise? Do we need to include Reds killing each other in an update, or is this something the warden can do. i.e. annoucing, "Killing your team mates will make you KOS".

Opening this opportunity up could also potentially be confusing - I presume this would just be in the case of MFK and not regular freekilling. Do we need to make it clear that you still won't be allowed to teamkill a guard if they freekill one person due to a number of reasons including but not limited to accidental misclicks, unclear orders or Warden's mic cutting out? This could also fall under abusing this rule, it's imperative that the warden does not abuse the ability to control FF at will, which is why we have the current rules for turning it on & off already.

Overall, I can definitely see us working out a way to include protection of the game mode by the Warden if admins aren't available to deal with a MFKer in the not too distant future. If people interested could leave some feedback or ideas on this thread which could help that would be fantastic. Please keep the thread constructive and free of negative comments, we are all working together here. Any unnecessary replies deemed insultive or anything of the sort will be removed.

Thanks again for the feedback so far,

Hi, firstly I'd like to thank the JB regulars for giving such important feedback so quickly into this issue. Although many of you don't seem to play much recently, the response shown is very positive & the Jailbreak team and I are currently organising a time to discuss an update to the rules to include protecting the round from mass freekillers if no admins are available. I wholeheartedly agree with the premise of allowing Blus to kill MFKers, playing the game mode is ultimately the reason players connect to the server which is easily ruined by MFK, however there are some risks and consequences which come with allowing this;

Firstly, when FF is turned on, of course Reds have the ability to kill each other too, and while killling a MFKer prevents the majority of Reds from missing a round - what's to be said about any Reds who are teamkilled in their cells or otherwise? Do we need to include Reds killing each other in an update, or is this something the warden can do. i.e. annoucing, "Killing your team mates will make you KOS".

Opening this opportunity up could also potentially be confusing - I presume this would just be in the case of MFK and not regular freekilling. Do we need to make it clear that you still won't be allowed to teamkill a guard if they freekill one person due to a number of reasons including but not limited to accidental misclicks, unclear orders or Warden's mic cutting out? This could also fall under abusing this rule, it's imperative that the warden does not abuse the ability to control FF at will, which is why we have the current rules for turning it on & off already.

Overall, I can definitely see us working out a way to include protection of the game mode by the Warden if admins aren't available to deal with a MFKer in the not too distant future. If people interested could leave some feedback or ideas on this thread which could help that would be fantastic. Please keep the thread constructive and free of negative comments, we are all working together here. Any unnecessary replies deemed insultive or anything of the sort will be removed.

Thanks again for the feedback so far,
Good to know JB admins agree with this suggestion, now about reds teamkilling warden can give an order like "AFK freeze" which needs the reds to not move and if the warden time the FF well it will be on maybe even less than 1 sec so I dont think reds will kill each other, I done it many times before and back at EUJB usually reds dont kill each other cause they already know the Warden wants to kill the MFKER and they want to play the gamemode.
I strongly agree with that, freekilling accidently or just regular freekilling for not knowing the rules and then apologized people should not turn on FF to kill the person, and in my experience that never happen before since people hate Mfkers cause he can do it over and over again for 3+ rounds, while 1 freekill is 1 time thing

Don't want to be impatient the votes are clear that jb players want this to happen and 1 week is passed which means players can't vote anymore any updates about this suggestion?

We were supposed to discuss it this week, but we had other stuff IRL to fix I belive.

About the "discuss" part, it will most likely be added, but we need to figure out how to type it out and try look in to a few scenarios. To avoid it being abused.

Reactions: Roar and TWC
About the "discuss" part, it will most likely be added, but we need to figure out how to type it out and try look in to a few scenarios. To avoid it being abused.

warden may turn on ff if there is an mfker on the server and kill him to save the round until an admin has joined the game. The MFKer must have mfked 2 rounds at least, 1 if he shows no remorse about it

Maybe something like this?

• Bad Spelling
  • Indifferent
Reactions: Madact and TWC
What I'm afraid of is the community resorting to handling it themselves, without admin involvement at all. Once that precedent is set, I'm worried that they'll just return in greater numbers.

warden may turn on ff if there is an mfker on the server and kill him to save the round until an admin has joined the game. The MFKer must have mfked 2 rounds at least, 1 if he shows no remorse about it

Maybe something like this?
What? No.
“You, as blues are allowed to enable friendlyfire in order to kill a massfreekiller, if the freekills were done on purpose. You are allowed to continually teamkill this player until he is banned or leaves the server. Killing any other blue on purpose will result in yourself being banned as it is not allowed to kill a blu unless he has freekilled. While you are warden, attempt to get reds to not kill each other by having them AFK Freeze in their still closed cells, one you have given that order, you may kill the MFKer and only him.”

Reactions: shuu
Jailbreak rules have been updated. Killing MFKers is now explicity allowed in the rules, Warden must still announce friendly fire to give the reds a warning so they don't accidentally kill each other. More information can be found under "Warden Rules/Rights".

Reactions: TWC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread