Marketplace bot scam (1 Viewer)

Ron1n

Hello Panda community, this is kinda of late but I just wanted to warn people of a high level scam that robbed me of my unusual. It involves the scammer requesting to buy your items from marketplace.tf and the moment you go to the website to deposit your item they send a fake marketplace bot to send you a trade offer in place of the real one; do not be fooled, check the marketplacebot's profile to see if they have a four year badge, if not it is a scam. Be careful everyone or you'll end up like me. :maple2:

I thought no one fell for this scam anymore :heavy1:

You applied for admin on trade, but you got scammed. Of course idk when you got scammed, and you've probably learned from your mistakes but I kinda find it funny.
Looking back it was kind of funny how I fell for it despite me usually being paranoid as hell. ?

This is a pretty old scam, it got me a couple years ago when I first started trading. It is a little concerning that someone applying to be an admin of a trade server fell for an older scam like that, as not only are you asked to keep the server from burning, but people will go to you for advice (or at least, I'd imagine they would), and it is important for everyone to know that they won't be lead astray. Now, it is a very different conversation if this happened a while ago and it was worth mentioning, but if it was recent, then that raises a few red flags. Good luck trading though, I hope you didn't lose too much.

• Dumb
  • Funny
Reactions: Roar and Gold
This is a pretty old scam, it got me a couple years ago when I first started trading. It is a little concerning that someone applying to be an admin of a trade server fell for an older scam like that, as not only are you asked to keep the server from burning, but people will go to you for advice (or at least, I'd imagine they would), and it is important for everyone to know that they won't be lead astray. Now, it is a very different conversation if this happened a while ago and it was worth mentioning, but if it was recent, then that raises a few red flags. Good luck trading though, I hope you didn't lose too much.
Yeah it was the only time I ever got scammed through my years of playing TF2, just thought I’d mention it so no one else falls for it, just for good measure.

Reactions: Roar and SharpTips

Users who are viewing this thread