Map Testers Wanted! (1 Viewer)

Zyphon

Hi everybody,
some of you may no and others not that I have been creating a jump map. This map is styled like 4starters but will contain different challenges and opportunities to devolop your skills as a rocket jumper. I have finally completed the first course minus completely texturing it as I want to design the jumps right first. This is where you guys come in. I need volunteers to test the course it doesn't matter what your ability is, it's t1 meaning for people with little to no experience. Though I need people of all calibers to try it out. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping out. Here is a short clip/demo also showcasing the course.

Thanks for reading :3

Attachments

• zone.dem
    2.2 MB · Views: 402
Reactions: BlackY
:pogchamp:
sure why not

I spend as much time jumping as I do playing dodgeball. I'd be happy to give you some feedback.
As long as there is no down - up wall pogos. . .

Here is the Bsp dropbox link for download. For anyone that doesn't know, you need to download it then put in your TF2 maps folder. Then start up TF2 and type in console: map zonetest

There are 29 levels so far out of the 66 there will be.
Any and all feedback appreciated about the actual jumps. Disclaimer: The map is far from finished so just a rule of thumb, don't use black walls as these will be unable to be used in the finished version. You can pogo and bounce on black floors though.

Tips: Purple2 is an uncrouched walkoff bounce
Green3 is a ceiling smash crouched bounce, then two wall shots

The only level I don't know is possible at the moment is Green4 all the others are however.

Not everything is fully textured, don't worry about that and sadly at the moment I haven't added lighting so the map is bright atm, this will be changed once added. I tried and everything went crazy dark and it would take way too long to add lighting to everything now, so it will be added at the end.

Finally I had to disconnect two levels because they were too difficult to be so early on in the courses, but you can still get to them with noclip and a bit of searching around. One is green and the other purple.

Thanks for any and all help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmkvfeshhxoibo1/Jump_Zonetest.bsp?dl=0

• Creative
Reactions: Pricholas
The third pogo here is way to high. I gave up.
pogo.png

Everything in green has weird timings, I'm sure it's all possible, but I couldn't get any of them.
Everything in purple is way too long, like, perfectionists only. The one with the ramp slide was really well done, but the rest just got me frustrated before I even tried them again.

Only real complaint is a lot of the respawn locations are very close to the edges, you might move them back a little.

The third pogo here is way to high. I gave up.
View attachment 10212

Everything in green has weird timings, I'm sure it's all possible, but I couldn't get any of them.
Everything in purple is way too long, like, perfectionists only. The one with the ramp slide was really well done, but the rest just got me frustrated before I even tried them again.

Only real complaint is a lot of the respawn locations are very close to the edges, you might move them back a little.

Thanks pricholas for taking the time to try out the map and for the feedback. Just to address some of your concerns: Purple course will be a t5 course so it's not supposed to be easy, I know there is a lot to do and get right but all the skills required on the initial jumps are basic but paired to make a difficult jump. Later levels will be shorter but they will be unique skill wise so way more difficult.

As for green issues: the quad at the start is pretty standard for a t4 course and is even on some t3 courses at the same hammer units I have used. Second jump is a ctap, 3rd is the bounce and 4th is the one I haven't really tested so I assume this is the jump you say is difficult to time? Honestly I'm trying to get people to try that jump to decide whether or not to move some stuff or to find out if there is a timing strat in current layout.

I had worries that the teleports were shooting you off the edge of the jump if you fail, but wasn't sure how to fix this without moving the spawn locations back, which I will do if I can't find a fix.

Thanks though :)

Users who are viewing this thread