Declined Map removal suggestion - #09 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that dr_horrors should be removed from the #09 map pool. I have compiled a list of why I think this below and anyone can vote in a poll above. The poll will allow voting for 14 days before closing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reasons

1. The first trap is skippable by jumping on the TVs and out of the trap. I'm not sure if it was intended to be like this or not, but either way, it is unfair for death.

2. At the bridge trap area, players can bhop around the edge of the map and reach blu's area and kill death/delay/team kill, ruining the experience for everyone.

3. This map only has two endings, insta-win, and a floor-break minigame. The minigame is bugged in that if death is not at the end of the map, they will not be teleported to the minigame section (same goes for red team) which means if there are few reds remaining (or all reds are at the end) and they choose that ending, blu auto-wins since they are safe in their spawn/activating area.

4. The map is very short and only has two options, insta-win or the bugged minigame which leads to stale gameplay almost all the time this map is chosen. The shortness allows it to be speedran very quickly which causes quick and boring rounds.

5. This map is usually rtv'd after a couple of rounds due to its staleness. It also is not played enough to the point where it would be noticeable that it is gone.

6. Horrors is a very cramped map, making dodging or baiting traps a pain. It is also quite a dark map, which I understand is to make the atmosphere look more spooky but it ends up just looking plain, and is difficult to see things at times.

7. Horrors has no motivator which means delaying could go on endlessly until the round ends or an admin steps in.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That concludes the list. It's an old map so I understand if some people don't want it removed. ::):

Ps: I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, I searched and couldn't find this suggestion anywhere else.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tar and Nikola
We can make a suggestion post with all the maps that must/can be removed and then poll them to see what we can make room for the new ones

I think we can remove this map when dr_neohorrors will be added or just fix the map via stripper eventually

Reactions: ☁ Spaceblob11 ☁
That works too. Honestly the map is so old and is considered a ‘classic’, while also seeming to be liked by regulars, that I think it’d be better fixing it rather than removing it.
The map is barely played from the statistics i see so removing or stripping but thats untill the other maps are here

Nostalgic map during my childhood Dr time. I agree with the minigame part. Using bhop to get into blu area should be considered exploiting therefore against the rules imo. If u wanna start removing something... Start with neonoir. Keep Horrors, wouldnt mind an updated Version of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Jiji
Nostalgic map during my childhood Dr time. I agree with the minigame part. Using bhop to get into blu area should be considered exploiting therefore against the rules imo. If u wanna start removing something... Start with neonoir. Keep Horrors, wouldnt mind an updated Version of it.
Why Neo? Its a very popular map with fun minigames, great secrets, and different levels (the red room numbers 1,2,3). Sure it's overplayed but that doesn't make it bad, at least not in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread