Pending [JB] Map Removal/Change Thread (1 Viewer)

Do what

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Howdy, I know a lot of maps are already up for removal, but I had a few more I wanted to hold a vote on to gauge community opinions. I have listed mostly the cons of many of these maps, if you have reasons you'd like to keep them feel free to put them out there.

1. Reverting jb_alkatraz_rebuilt_v1 to jb_alkatraz_final, or changing it in stripper. Why do I want it reverted?
  • Nazi Deathrun Trap
  • A good alternative in the old version which was considered completed by map creator
  • Poor execution of changes
  • The primary flavor secret is broken on the new version
  • Discontinued support on the new version means many problems will not be fixed
  • The old version feels more complete/polished, and has much less bugs.
TLDR: The lack of innovation, and increase in bugs and glitches make me feel that the older more polished version would better fit our map pool.

Note: in stripper a couple of issues can be fixed but not all of them.

2. Remove jb_opst_hq_v4 (Message me if you want the bsp for it, it is not on gamebanana.)
  • This map is unbalanced in how open it is, being that we have blue crits (no falloff)
  • This maps minigames typically are too long, often leading to an entire round being spent in an obstacle course that rebellers cannot reach the blue control room of, and last request being given from in the minigame.
  • This map's ammo spots are generally lacking, and counterintuitive, with a small number of accessible ones for reds to access.
  • This map has been consistently extremely unpopular among players, and consistently gets voted off of via rock the vote. I have nominated this map first so that it get voted, and it has had a successful RTV and map change placed by other players than myself 6/6 of the times I recorded.
  • Rebelling is extremely limited not just by few ammo spots, but also by long minigames with blue only doors and teleporters.
TLDR: In general opst has some incredibly well designed minigames, but from a game design standpoint has a lot missing, and in many cases blocks integral parts of the game mode should the blues choose to play certain minigames.

Remove jb_famouz_2_final_fixed.
  • Unlike the first version of this map the map lacks many elements that distinguish the map from other maps such as it's minigames, or secrets. (aside from the bank.)
  • While innovative on release, the map no longer feels unique as our maps have progressively been at higher standards
  • This map is very much a hallway simulator with long halls having very little to break them up other than the single ladder and mop bucket by the hallway to bank. Volcano is different by having its hallways turn to give cover, and also having props to break up the map.
  • When compared to other hallway maps in our rotation such as volcano, this map's minigames do not hold up to them in the slightest, most times I have played this map, few games are played: Crush game due to proximity to cells, Obby due to it's proximity, and better design than the rest of the games, and then there is the occasional round where any of the other cookiecutter games such as fallgame, bhop, or jeopardy are played.
TLDR: this map feels incredibly dated, and mundane compared to the rest of panda's map pool, and in general from a game design standpoint is much below the standard set by many of our newer maps. One other option would be to replace famouz 2 with the old one, but we have done that before, and it didnt stay.

Remember that if you have reasons you think outweigh the negatives to speak them, or an alternative.

Poll Closes in 2 weeks.

Reactions: Mehgend
Can we maybe have the option to revert famouz to the original famous we had. I quite liked that map.

Reactions: Fairy and Noirr
Can we maybe have the option to revert famouz to the original famous we had. I quite liked that map.
Added. Side note, increased number of votes from 3 to 4 per person.

• Happy
famouz and alkatraz are way too large, leads to easy rebels unless theres like 7-8 competent guards to protect the multiple armoury entries.

I really like alkatraz but I do agree it should probably revert to final. Same with famous, opst has potential but it feels lackluster despite having one of the better obbys. Unless somebody actively starts to work on opst I don't see it having a chance at staying in rotation.

There is potential in opst, but the current version we have is super lackluster in mini games that are actually good. If there is a remake that gets made I’d love to have that in rotation. The version tested on seemed fun if loaded with flaws and poor optimization here and there.

Isn't OPST getting a fix by semi?
Possibly, haven't spoken to the original creator yet, and I'm still debating if I want to go through with it.

Either way don't let that possibility sway the vote, the update can be added later.

Okay, we can argue about famous.
But I think we all agree that opst is ass rn and alkatraz is also worse than the other version.

Reactions: Mehgend and Ian
I'm not against going back to the old Alkatraz. I don't mind the new version although I absolutely agree the Nazi salute trap in deathrun completely goes against our rules about racism/offensive gestures.

Most of what Ian has said about opst mirrors my own thoughts. What's funny is that this map has been suggested to be removed twice before in the past (including by me) but never passed and I personally don't know why.

Famouz 2 is the definition of a mid map to me. The only thing I actually enjoyed about that map is the Obby and the hotel. Other than that it just screams mediocre to me.

Remove Famouz 2, add Underjail

Reactions: Fairy
if someone fixes issues with akatraz, we will change it to that version, otherwise we will revert it. We will removing post next map update, and there is a runoff vote since more people want to change Famouz than keep it (17 to 11).
IMG_1267.jpeg

if someone fixes issues with akatraz, we will change it to that version, otherwise we will revert it. We will removing post next map update, and there is a runoff vote since more people want to change Famouz than keep it (17 to 11).View attachment 30891
I am actually going to remake the poll removing the least popular option instead of doing a coalition format. I’ll make it more clear if that’s the intention

update instacity i fixed it 🔥🔥
This isn't where to put this. Since instacity has already been queued for removal you'll have to start a new suggestion to readd the map with the updated version. Although I'd recommend trying to arrange a playtest at some point so the community knows what they're voting for.

bandicam 2024-04-16 23-46-54-720.jpg

We have a majority yes with the Famouz poll, so I will be closing this thread since Ian is soon to retire.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

• In Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread