Accepted Magglet VSH Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magglet

Donator
Username: Magglet

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:57897786

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
16d 18:21:59h

Link to your Sourcebans record
Bans
Comms

Server to are applying for

Versus Saxton Hale

General online times & time zone
Free from 3pm-8pm week days.
Free all weekend from like 9am-11pm

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I served as a panda trial admin for over a year 2018-19 I think.

I was demoted for some toxic behaviour towards pyro players and some ego stuff I am sure.

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

Well, I have played on panda servers for the best part of 6 years on and off. I have served as an admin here prior and have a great understanding of the rules as well as maps, exploits and the general server specific rules.
In my humble opinion the server is lacking in regular admin coverage, I appreciate that admins are not free 24/7 nor do I expect them to be and everytime something comes up I do message around and often it is difficult to find admins when they are needed. Which is why you often see my reports on the forums and making sure the server is kept fairly clean and fun, obviously after warning players etc.

Thought I would cover the elephant in the room, I was obviously demoted for my previous behaviour as admin and was denied admin previously in 2021 regardless of the fact I got the support of the admin team. I honestly think as a person I have grown up quite a bit, between the time of being demoted and now I have finished university and I have a job that allows me to work full time from home. I am in other words a big boy now and hope I demonstrate maturity in this app by showing acceptance of what I once was.
I would make a great admin candidate I can be around regularly even when working I can pop on, I am experienced with sourcemod commands and the rules of numerous servers. I am calm and calculated generally as its my job and I am good under pressure.

I have also successfully reported well over a thousand people in my time in panda and if anything the admin team would love to have me to stop seeing my annoying ass reports.

My scaling punishments for Gags/Mutes/Bans would be as follows:
Initial Warnings
First Rulebreak - 180 mins (3 hours)
Second Rulebreak - 720 mins (12 hours)
Third Rulebreak - 1440 mins (24 hours)
Fourth Rulebreak - 10080 mins (2 weeks)
Fifth Rulebreak - 43200 mins (1 month this may be bigger if the rule breaker is repeating offences or is in a short space of time)
Sixth Rulebreak - Permanent
More Specific Punishments

AFK players (Players will be slapped to double check that they are indeed afk before being punished)

First time - Kick
Second time - Kick
Third time - Ban, based off of previous scaling Bans

Fail Hale/Not doing damage
First time - Slay
Second time - Kick

Inappropriate Sprays
First time - Warning and Removal of the Spray
Second time - Kick

Micspam/Chatspam
First time - Warning
Second time - Gag/Mute, based off of previous scaling mutes/gags

Cheating
First time - Permanent Ban accompanied by demo for proof

Advertising Cheats
First time - Permanent Gag/Mute

Hope you promote me kevin :)

HLSTATS

@Kruphixx
@Chae

Hey Magglet, thanks for applying.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. You enforce rules a lot, not just on VSH but on other servers you play on as well which is great. You also make quite a lot reports and calls, which helps a lot.

Sessions look alright but they could be better. Chat logs look okay as well, I see quite a lot of warnings.

Punishment lengths could be adjusted a little, I think it's a bit harsh how the third punishment is for 24 hours and then it jumps straight to 2 weeks on the fourth punishment.

Other than that, I've got nothing else to say. I think someone like you would be a good addition to the VSH team.

[ My Vote: +1 ]

I am in other words a big boy now and hope I demonstrate maturity in this app by showing acceptance of what I once was.
Being transparent and accepting about your past when reapplying is expected as a minimum for someone who got demoted and not a proof of maturity on it's own, in my opinion.

I have had the opportunity to play with you from time to time on 2fort and you are indeed an asset when it comes to rule enforcement which is very much appreciated. That said I have also gotten the impression that you get easily frustrated and lash out a bit in chat.

Visible frustration is not a major problem in itself but if you combine it with a history of toxicity as admin it strikes me as a red flag that should be adressed. Especially considering that your demotion (if I recall correctly) was related to poor anger management.

Fair enough view. I do not have anger management I am pretty clear on who I am I don't get frustrated I simply call and report. Especially in tf2 a game I play very "casually"

I don't have a history of toxicity towards players my demotion was never actually given reason to me I presumed it was because of comments I made towards a class of players who played vsh pyro class and specifically ruined experience of many hale players. I am not going to dive into specific players but I called them the cancer of the server because they were literally killing the fun people had in the server.

If I had real toxic or frustration I would have received at least a single warning or gag/mute on the past 4 years. If I lash out and you have seen it why haven't you even mentioned it to me prior to the app. That isn't flame I just want to know why this is only coming up right now as I have applied and not on the numerous occasions I have played with you and other admins

I will admit I am an avid enjoyer of a bit of bants and do not mind a good laugh with minor jokey insulting or bants. But I find it baffling this is only coming up now

If I lash out and you have seen it why haven't you even mentioned it to me prior to the app. That isn't flame I just want to know why this is only coming up right now as I have applied and not on the numerous occasions I have played with you and other admins
I haven't mentioned it because being visibly frustrated and typing an angry chat message is not against the rules unless you start throwing insults which is something I haven't seen you do.

I should add that my impression is mostly based on encounters from a couple of months back so there is a small chance that I remember incorrectly. I guess we will find out if I am alone with that impression sooner or later.

Reactions: Magglet
Thank you for the feedback regardless. I hope to come across less frustrated and pleasent next time we play together.

• Friendly
Reactions: Redspike
I was really hoping the times I can hop on you were on so I can see how you’ve been since the last admin applications, but alas it seems like timezone doesn’t always work out. For now I’ll have to take a NEUTRAL stance leaning towards +1 with given positive interactions. I see you’re taking the initiative to build up your sessions again.

The only thing that is alarming is part of your chat log when it comes to giving your warnings. They either are a bind, stop “Insert rule broken here”, or in some parts a bit aggressive. I’m just curious about how you are on the mic, since I remember in the past you can be a bit talkative.

I generally prefer using the mic for warnings because I generally think people respond better to it if comes across non aggressive.

Especially when you aren't an admin i generally find if you aren't just reminding people to use the reset commands they respond best to just, "yo let's keep the insults to a minimum" or something works better than "stop insulting" in chat.

That's pretty much all the required feedback and no one else has anything to say I'm assuming so I'll be closing this up for under review.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Edit: Magglet informed me that he will be away for 2 weeks at the start of may.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magglet
accepted, welcome in the team.
your mentor during your trial phase will be @Kruphixx - should you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread