Look harder for Players that brake the rules (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure we admins try the best to keep the servers save from rulebreakers. But many players forget that we have a life too, and we cannot look after the servers all the time. If you find players breaking the rules, record a demo and report them here with the demo as evidence.

Ok first of all, @Aokigahara one thing is wrong. There's ONLY @Lighty doing his job actively and well. @DeadSworn rarely comes to play dodgeball on the Panda servers because of his own reasons (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it). Yes of course, Lighty tries his best, but he can't do everything alone.

Currently, Dodgeball is a mess of toxicness. People steal all the time and those are always the same "types":
  • Stubborn people that say something like: "I steal if he steals. He deserves it!"
  • Newbies, that don't understand the rules because they (most of the time) don't understand english.
  • Trolls, that just want to annoy people.
And @Capp of course you could report people with video evidence, but do you really want to do a thread for every single stealer/blocker?
I don't want that. I wouldn't even bother making a video, I'd just get chat evidence and even that takes a lot of effort. *EDIT* It's not a lot of effort for a single report, it takes a lot of effort for every report there'd be, if someone reports every single rulebreaker.
Generally people want admins. Admins that do their job correctly. So why doesn't anyone do something to get more admins? Dodgeball has the most reports by a mile, yet, there is only 1 trial for 2 servers. I mean what the hell..
I know this could deserve a own thread but I'll say it anyways:
@Kevin has to do atleast 1 of those things to "improve" the dodgeball community:
  • Get more admins.
  • Get a better report system
Or even
  • Get something else that I can't think of right now, that helps us Dodgeball players.
JUST DO SOMETHING, COME ON.
Go ahead and dislike this post if you disagree, I don't mind. I just wanted to tell you guys that.

Last edited:
"""I don't want that. I wouldn't even bother making a video, I'd just get chat evidence and even that takes a lot of effort. """

That is a horrible attitude if you want to become an admin, if you think chat evidence is alot of effort then why do you want to become and admin in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: Tsumiki and Mr.Pig
Deep what the actual fuck? Chat evidence for stealing? Are you serious?

You can't ban someone for an offense that needs clear visual evidence to back it up with chat logs!

I think you guys got it wrong. With chat evidence I mean people saying that he steals, meaning that I go into the chat log of every single person that told the person to stop stealing wich is a lot of effort. But of course visual evidence is way better.

Though I think that everyone that played Dodgeball can agree to me saying, that there's too many stealers. So it's not worth the time recording every single one of them.

What I wanted to say is, that it just takes too much time reporting every one of the stealers/blockers.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mr.Pig
How about we get that damn auto-slay? You get warned on the first steal but slayed on the second, would help until an admin comes online to ban them.

Ok first of all, @Aokigahara one thing is wrong. There's ONLY @Lighty doing his job actively and well. @DeadSworn rarely comes to play dodgeball on the Panda servers because of his own reasons (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it). Yes of course, Lighty tries his best, but he can't do everything alone.

I love how you and Lighty seem to think HE only takes care of EU DB. This is not the first time this has happened. I work my ass off trying to make sure that ALL USA servers AND EU DB servers are under correct Admin hands. So quite personally, it's rather rude to say that ONLY Lighty is taking care of the EU DB servers. I'm leaping back and forth between EU and USA quite often, thank you very much.

• Get more admins.
  • Get a better report system

This is just rude on a whole new number of levels. When I personally work very hard to keep every single DB server under check and deal with constant harassment because of it, and then have people say "get better Admins", that's really, really rude. I'm just getting really tired of people believing that DB Admins can't do their job correctly, or right.

How about we get that damn auto-slay? You get warned on the first steal but slayed on the second, would help until an admin comes online to ban them.
If this idea comes true it'd be a HUGE life saver.

OP has a point.

Deep does too, though didn't convey it very well. Reporting every single rulebreaker is way too much of a hassle, but thankfully the !call function works most of the time.

What would be nice is having a more frequent auto-reminder in chat that the !call feature is a thing. (and that abuse is punishable)

Reactions: Redspike
Dio I think you mixed up the words on the second segment, it clearly says "Get more admins", not better ones. It says to get a better report system.

I love how you and Lighty seem to think HE only takes care of EU DB. This is not the first time this has happened. I work my ass off trying to make sure that ALL USA servers AND EU DB servers are under correct Admin hands. So quite personally, it's rather rude to say that ONLY Lighty is taking care of the EU DB servers. I'm leaping back and forth between EU and USA quite often, thank you very much.

This is just rude on a whole new number of levels. When I personally work very hard to keep every single DB server under check and deal with constant harassment because of it, and then have people say "get better Admins", that's really, really rude. I'm just getting really tired of people believing that DB Admins can't do their job correctly, or right.
Sorry for not mentioning you, but to be honest, I haven't really seen you on the db servers. Of course you handle forum reports and stuff but Lighty is the one doing most of the ingame work. (from what I've seen).
And I did not say get better admins, I said get more admins.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr.Pig
Sorry for not mentioning you, but to be honest, I haven't really seen you on the db servers. Of course you handle forum reports and stuff but Lighty is the one doing most of the ingame work. (from what I've seen).

@Dio Brando mainly is administrating USA dodgeball servers, not EU as Ligthy. Also timezones makes big difference. The reason why you dont see her or other USA dodgeball admins, is the high ping. Who like to play fast games with lags.

Also @Deep remember , some admins has school stuff, like finals and exams.

@Dio Brando mainly is administrating USA dodgeball servers, not EU as Ligthy. Also timezones makes big difference. The reason why you dont see her or other USA dodgeball admins, is the high ping. Who like to play fast games with lags.

Also @Deep remember , some admins has school stuff, like finals and exams.
You're right and I'm really sorry for forgetting to mention her. But we all know, that EU DB lacks admins.

@Deep No offence, I really don't mean anything bad by it, but you are doing what @Speedy did when jailbreak had problems, he said that it would be a good thing for JB to get more admins while he had applied for jailbreak, with this he was implying that his app should get accepted.

Seeing that you applied for Dodgeball kinda gives that same kind of vibe with you answering almost the same way here like he did.

@Deep No offence, I really don't mean anything bad by it, but you are doing what @Speedy did when jailbreak had problems, he said that it would be a good thing for JB to get more admins while he had applied for jailbreak, with this he was implying that his app should get accepted.

Seeing that you applied for Dodgeball kinda gives that same kind of vibe with you answering almost the same way here like he did.
Someone else told me that through a Private message already, but tbh if you read over the post, you can see, that I don't intend in refering to my application. This is something that bothered me for a while now and I knew that it'd backfire but it's just something that has to be said. I wouldn't complain if this thread gets my app declined. Someone even told me *quote*
"you wrote your post, beacause as you said "it was important and it needed to be said", but what did you gain? Maybe now you could feel a bit relifed beacause you said what you wanted to say, but on the other hand you probably earned a lot of extra time to wait for your app and the possibility for it to be declined."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread