Declined Loli Police 2nd FF2 TX Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loli Police

Donator
- Your name and/or nickname - Loli Police / Clayton IRL

- Your age - 15

- Your Steam32 ID [U:1:167890645], STEAM_0:1:83945322, 76561198128156373

- Your general online times and your timezone - 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report? I want to apply for the Freak Fortress 2 Texas server but I can join the duel server if needed.

- Do you have a microphone? - Yes, it is a bit quiet but I will be getting a new mic soon

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator - I was a staff manager for a gmod server.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod? - Not generally because I have not been a staff for a tf2 server before but I am a fast learner so it shouldn't take too long

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team? - There are no admins currently active on the FF2 server. Gero was the only active admin that I knew of and he has resigned a little while back. There are other staff but I have not seen them other than zelda but I saw zelda in august. I could be the active staff the FF2 TX server needs for the time being.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments. - I warn the offender twice before doing the punishments below.

*hacking/3rd party program - If spotted and proven that they are hacking, ban for max amount I can then tell a full admin to finish the job and send them the proof so they can make the decision finite.

*AFK players - After asking 3 times if they AFK once per 45 seconds, if they do not respond 45 seconds after the last check in then I will toggle time bomb. If this behavior continues after wards it will be a ban for 1 Hour/1 Day/1 Week and then on from there if continued.

*Inappropriate Spray/Name - This separates into two catagories: For sprays it would be 12 hours/1 day/2 days then spray ban if they won't change it after being asked. For name it would be the same 3 with 12 hours then 1 day then 2 days but after 2 days it would be 1 week then on if continued.

*Friendly/Camping/Being useless - This is kinda like the AFK punishment, after asking them 3 times with 45 seconds between, if they do not stop then time bomb them, if continued then ban for 1 day/2 days/1 week and then on if continued

*Abusing !call - If they are using the call system to say to admins "you suck" or "he called me poopy head" then it would be a ban for 1 day/1 week/1 month and then on if continued

*Chat Spam/Mic Spam/Foreign Language - For any of the spamming or using foreign languages after being warned it would result in a gag for 1 hour/1 day/2 day/1 week and then on if continued

Bans

Comms

GameME

I am greatfull if you took the time to read this and I hope that if I am accepted I can prove to be a viable staff member on the team.

User has passed all requirements.

I will drop my own thoughts later, as I still think I am relevant enough to do so.

Good luck!

For the person who decides the faith of this Application, please note that I was an admin of FF2 TX before I resigned in the beginning August. Also note that @Nim-os and @Left 4 Zelda are inactive and possibly will not respond to this. On the other hand, @Baka is somewhat active, and by active I mean he comes on at random intervals and does his own thing, but not on the forums. I was the most active out of the four of us before I resigned, and I was basically inactive before I resigned. TL;DR, the current FF2 TX admins will most likely not comment on Loli Police's application.

Now for my comment:

The application looks like it was made in 30 minutes. It's more of a Frankenstein of other FF2 TX applications, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's something to note. On his >>last application<<, us FF2 TX admins decided that he needed to work on his maturity, and I think he has done well on that. The punishments are a bit off, like always, but with the right guidance that can be fixed. A huge pro right now for Loli is the lack of administration on FF2 TX, and I believe every server should have at least one active admin. I'm not the guy to go into great detail about something, so I'm ending it off here. If I were still an admin; +1 from me.

Anyways, good luck on the Application!

How dare you think I wouldn't comment, @Geronimo (^:

Geronimo, in all his glory and wisdom, is correct. The FF2 admins are no longer who they used to be. Not saying that we/they have made the wrong choice in any way, shape, or form, it's just that times are changing and we have to adapt to those said times. Thankfully, Baka's persistence with the server is probably one of the few things- other than the wonderful community- keeping the TX FF2 server healthy. Digressions aside, yes, this application won't garner a tonne of attention, that doesn't mean that it doesn't have a chance. The way I see it, you are a possible saviour to the server and admins alike, I didn't expect anyone to try and apply for the position so soon. Anywho, just like Geronimo, I recently resigned, so by the time the final verdict rolls around, my position will be stripped and this comment may be left nullified. However, it is still my duty to the community to ensure that the right person is chosen to be an administrator. Also, I haven't done this in a while, so don't assume that I'm right about most of these things, times have changed after all.

A Monty Python movie once told me to "Get on with it!", so without further ado, I shall dive into this app. Forgive me if I repeat anything Geronimo stated, my memory is crammed with useless equations.

Starting off, you made some changes compared to your last app. Unfortunately, I feel like these changes weren't the ones I needed/wanted to see. Minor things such as adding in the two other types of Steam IDs, taking out your timezone (Which, according to the previous application, is Central Standard Time), etc. Additionally, I don't know where you went with your grammar. Lack of punctuation and other basic formalities like spell-checking seem to be non-existent in the app. Might be good if you fix the errors and proofread your entire app before posting one, otherwise it looks like it was just put together on a whim with duct-tape and stamps. Also, the bans link is broken (For me at a minimum), so here is an updated version for future reference.

Continuing, I'm angry at myself that my words from my last comment on my previous app didn't reach you. Maybe I was too aggressive with them or they didn't deliver enough power to the reader; either way, I'll explain. I mentioned how it would be nice if you had some background to your position in managing a Gmod server. However, I won't really prod into those seeing as it won't change my final verdict- given our circumstances. Secondly, your reason to be apart of the team is still flimsy. You may counter my statement by saying I used something along those lines, but looking back, I know I could've come up with something better. No, I'm not looking for you to go seek inner peace and find another reason within yourself to join the team, just saying for future reference I suppose.

Regarding the punishments, I always have high standards for what I want them to be. I wrote a 6-page document about how I would handle the punishments. Not trying to seek praise nor set the bar, but I want to see something that can achieve the same thing in a few short sentences. Something that gets a lot put into it and is readable. Unfortunately, I feel like you achieve 60% of that. That isn't a letter grade, so don't look at it with somber eyes or anything, just put it in perspective of thousands of other punishment descriptions. As usual, I'll put my punishment comments in the spoiler below.
AFK: It's subjective as to how many times you ask an AFK player if they are still awake and whatever, so 3 is fine, though if I recall correctly, 2 is enough. Also, I'll say this once but this goes for all the upcoming punishment times that state the same thing, are you being that serious about 45 seconds? I understand apps are just a sort of pre-test to your general knowledge and resource gathering skills, but putting 45 seconds PER ask if they are awake is kind of odd. Are you really going to have a stop-watch next to you when you hover over some lifeless 3D character? If you really are that diligent, sure thing, go for it. But because rounds don't last all that long, you are essentially giving the AFK player 3 minutes (If I read that correctly) to come back. 3 minutes is sometimes enough time to whittle the player count to the last 3 or even 2 players, meaning that could be preventing someone from clutching the round.

I. Spray/Name: I think the times are fine, but maybe it would be good to clear up that you aren't going to spray ban a person for an inappropriate name given your use of "the same 3". Though I know what you mean, so yea.

F/C/Bu: Again with the 45 seconds. 3 minutes is a dangerous amount of time a hale could be rancho relaxing with the buds. Other than that, punishment lengths are fine.

Abusing !call: Generally speaking, you should give at least 1 warning before banning someone for prank !calling, but I guess that relates to your first statement about 2 warnings for each offense (Which I will touch up in a few lines).

Cs/Ms/Fl: 1 hour is almost too short for something like mic/chat spam. These are hindrances to the gameplay of others just like an AFK.

We take racism in the Panda-community very seriously. One might joke about it once in a blue moon, but we try our best to never let it slide. So please introduce into your app how you would handle this if such a situation would arise. Additionally, you can include insulting and exploiting, as well as a server-specific rule: ghosting. Not saying you have to create a whole category for it but just including them so that I see you understand them well enough to write them confidently.
What kills me the most about this punishment spoiler-block is that I'm repeating the exact same thing as to what I said last time. If you believe you have a reason to put the near exact same thing for your punishments (As well as not including the ones I suggested in the last app), then argue it. Don't leave me thinking that I have all the knowledge of punishments, because I don't. Just bloody fight for the punishment times you think are right.

Finally, L.P. in the flesh. I did this once I believe, but in a nutshell, I'll just talk about you, the applicant, and sort of delve into your personality and such. I'll also talk about sessions here, so prepare yourself, applicant, I hope you felt your hairs going up when I said that. Maturity was a common theme in all of the comments from your last app. It's not my place to look into your personal life and such as façades are all too common on the internet. Judging you from your personal life is intrusive, rude, and beyond me. So, instead, I'll look at your chat! Hurray! Except not really. I feel... mixed... to say the least with your chat logs. I find your interaction with the community different from a normal admin. Also, it seems as if you were doing some trading at some time, but I don't know how it was initiated and such so I won't ask. All in all, it seems like your attitude to other players is a mixed bag of crisps. Some lines salty, other a little tangy, and some just flat out plain. I guess though you enforce the rules somewhat, so good job.
This app feels as if it's coming out of the blue. Your sessions jump from the beginning of the month to the mid-end of the month. Really sketch imo. You only recently got back into the game and now you are applying? I won't question it due to our circumstances, plus, I'm not in any position to ask. Frankly speaking though, I don't enjoy it. I took one look and was so puzzled as to why this was happening.

The verdict: I am SEVERELY underwhelmed with this app. I feel like the time and effort I put into my last comment on your previous app went straight into the void. I can't say for sure if you even read through the entire post and instead just picked out the glowing red word. But as Geronimo stated, the server is on a crash course at the moment. Who knows when someone else will take to the stand and try to apply for admin. I sure don't, so that's why I'm going to give a neutral. YES. Yes to what you may ask? But of course! The one question you have in mind at this point! Yes, this is out of spite of how the server is being held up on two thin legs. If I was still an admin, then I would've given this a -1 without giving it a second look. Anyways, this isn't a D grade or whatever you get for marks in school, it's just a relative point on a figurative line saying where I am. Not saying where you aren't, it's about me. Even so, I can't express how foolish I feel for giving out such an honest comment the other time. So, let me make one thing loud and clear- Don't give up. Your signature even has a quote talking about how the impossible is something that is impossible in it of itself. So don't just throw everything away because you are getting a straight A (Or green in this case). Persistence is what makes a good admin. Persistence like Baka, and how he still checks up on the server even though he is long past his prime. Don't give up till your fingernails are blistered and your eyes are sore.

Let me say it one more time, if you really truly want this position, then just fight for it god dammit. Don't give up because one person upset you. That's what I'm here for. I'm supposed to be your worst nightmare when it comes to this stuff. I made myself the worst nightmare when it comes to this stuff. I want you to feel the pain of watching your work crumble so that you may build it up again with bricks and mortar, not straw and matchsticks. Don't blankly withdrawl because of that. Even if I'm not or ever will be the tipping point for why someone draws back their application, just keep that in mind. Don't withdrawl without a fight. Just know that if you win the fight, the battle ahead is going to be a test of endurance, not strength, so just hold on for as long as you can. So to finish it off, just be the stardust crusader the server needs, even if you aren't ready now, the experience comes with the job.

If possible may I edit the applications to fix the mistakes I made and it still be reviewed?

If possible may I edit the applications to fix the mistakes I made and it still be reviewed?
You just retype them out in another comment. Unfortunately you cannot edit a post/comment after 10 minutes have past after posting it.

• Informative
Reactions: Loli Police
I made my application but I did it in a google docs, I don't think 5 pages will fit on here

• Funny
Reactions: Geronimo
I don't have the time to read the revised application fully, I also don't have to be doing this at all since I'm technically not Admin anymore, so I'll only go over what I saw was off about the rules laid out. However, @Nim-os will have a field day with these.

Obstructing Admins - This is a bit harder to do since there aren’t any admins that come on the server. If a player points out an admin then I will warn them once, if they ignore that warning and continue then I will gag/mute them for 2 hours. If they ignore that warning and continue then I would gag/mute for 1 day. If they ignore that warning then I would gag/mute for 3 days and so on.
Abuse of !call - If an admin is on the server and a player uses the call system it is against the rules. If a player uses the !call system in the wrong way then I would warn them to stop. If they ignore that warning and continue then I would ban them for 1 day, if they ignore that and continue then I would ban them for 3 days, if they ignore that and continue then I would ban them for 1 week and so on.
I usually never gave warnings about these. It's common sense..

I'm not going to quote the exact rules, but I never personally liked the idea of kicking the player as a warning, except if they're AFK. If they ignore you two times, that's when I would take action and do a minimal ban/gag/mute of 2 hours.

Anyways sorry if I missed a few things, Nim-os will most likely cover my tracks though.

• Informative
Reactions: Loli Police
I fixed those and changed the kick to 2 hours ban/mute/gag

I want to start off by commending the applicant for taking the reigns in bettering his application. The newer revised version definitely has improved in overall quality. The quantity or "meat" of the application has improved by an order of magnitude as well (I was surprised to find out that the application was not double-spaced, impressive). That said, its size is definitely an issue (Doesn't affect my verdict) as it has to be in a Google document. Google documents aren't all bad really, I had to use one for my punishments on my own application, but they have their downsides. So to address them, I'd advise that the applicant does not make large edits (Such as deleting whole paragraphs) for consistency with future comments. Furthermore, I will not be constantly jumping back to the thread just to read it all over again and possibly change my verdict; I don't possess that sort of time anymore, unfortunately. So there should be no need for you (The applicant) to comment on this thread every time you make a change UNLESS a comment was posted regarding the updated version, this isn't a changelog after all.

I'll make a few general comments before I rummage through the application. The applicant has definitely put a great deal (At least a day's worth) of effort into the revised app. I am especially happy to see this because this meant two things: My comment was actually read and the applicant was persistent. Obviously, it's only right if the applicant reads the comments given, but you never know what really happens. Finally, as I stated in my previous comment, I am currently in the process of resigning; So while I may be an admin at the moment, any day could flip that on its head. It also may be that I am the only current TX FF2 admin to oversee this application. Because I just realised that, I will try to make the best-informed decision possible on the possibility of the applicant becoming an admin.

To start off again with the overall application, it doesn't feel rushed but maybe still lacks some proofreading. I'm not a literature professor, so I'm not going to freak out over grammar (Even though it probably seemed like that in my previous comment). Because of that, I'll spend less time on the less important sections. A birds-eye view of the application tells me that there is a lot of useless detail though. Maybe not useless per sae, but not really anything that's going to make me change my verdict. Also, the applicant may want to bold out the questions and important bits (Like punishments) to make this a little easier to read.

Online times seems good enough. The applicant stated that he is in the online school system, which is fine, I have been homeschooled at one point myself, so I know that it does mean a lot of free time. He also mentioned that his timezone is indeed CST and that his days will usually consist of 10 hours of free time. A pretty good deal since most admins are in college with little to no free time like myself or with jobs and such. It makes it even more desirable as this is around the start of the American school year, meaning a minimum of a year of this great schedule. The applicant also said why he was absent for a couple of weeks at one point, I suspect it won't happen again given the circumstances of his absence.

The applicant also can join most of the servers that have more prevalent rule breakers (Looking at you, Jailbreak). If the applicant is successfully received and is promoted to a full admin, this does possibly translate to a very adaptable admin. The applicant also has a mic and will be apparently recieving a better version soon enough. Previous experience seems to be pretty useful compared to someone such as myself. Applicant mentions how he was indeed overseeing the Gmod server. Additionally, the applicant's free time will allow for learning the source mod ins and outs.

Regarding the reason to join, it wasn't really changed from the comment I gave. It was more of an expansion onto the statement of "No other admins are on", which is valid but as I always like to say, it isn't resolve. More or less just scenarios being given, but for the time being, I won't pay attention to it other than to say re-read my first comment on this matter and see how you can improve the section.

Punishment time, my favourite, though I regret asking for so much because now I have to read it all. Still, I enjoy seeing the effort put into it. Also, to save myself over 40 words or 200 characters, I'll be referring to the punishments as they were given in the list on the document (i.e. a) Offensive Name will be referred to as just a)). I request that the applicant does not tamper with the order in which the punishments are laid out in the document to avoid confusion for future readers. Spoiler below contains my comments.
a) Everything seems fine, the only thing I'd suggest changing is having the first ban for part 2 be 2 hours instead of 1.

b) Don't warn and go straight to 1 day and then jump to a week, because like you said, it's no laughing matter.

c) Depending on the severity of a sexual spray, either do 12 hours or 1 day. Additionally, spray bans and banning people for sprays is sorta a catch-22. It's generally viewed as an opinion or perspective, but it can become an issue when someone checks source to see if they were banned previous and vice versa for spray bans.

d) Everything seems okay I believe.

e) Start with 12 hours.

f,g) Seems fine.

h,i) Don't ban, just gag or mute.

j,k) Seems fine.

i) I wouldn't necessarily call helping the hale kill your friends griefing, as it sounds more like teaming, but it could be seen as griefing from person to person. Other than that, it's good.

m) I think it's more suitable to just do a 12 hour, 1 day, 3 day ride instead of labouring yourself with doing calculations.

n) Threats shouldn't be taken lightly, so I'd suggest a full ban instead, up to you.

o) Scamming doesn't really happen on the server (It's FF2, not trade), but should probably be more severe anyways.

p) Camping as hale constitutes to a player's ban count. Maybe 2 hours to start and go from there.

r) Kick them after 3 rounds of afking in a row (i.e. kick on 3rd round).

s) Same as p), camping is bannable. 2 hours to start, go from there.

Great job revising the punishments! Makes me happy :) Though it does seem vaguely familiar to what I wrote... I won't suspect you of anything though, don't worry.

Obstructing admins and !call abuse weren't included in the document, but they were in the initial application, so I'll let it slide. That said, I'll meet Gero midway and say that for both instances the player would only be getting 1 warning, as yes it is common sense, but kids do exist.

The one thing I failed to mention was if you could provide your general punishment lengths in the form of a flow like 2 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > etc until you get to the permanent ban. (Permanent bans are always the 6th punishment)

I said everything that needed to be said about L.P. (The applicant) in my previous comment regarding him as a person. Though the one thing I'd like to append to the statements I made is how he handled his application process more maturely than last time. He approached me via PM and asked me a few questions regarding the rules of fixing applications and then went and completed a much better version on his own without any of my direction. I'm glad to see that he took it upon himself and saw it through till the end!

Verdict? Well, I feel as if I may have been a bit of the Grinch the last time I commented. I hadn't made a comment on an application for a long time, so I wasn't used to it and might've been a bit too critical and harsh on some parts. I apologise for that, but that's not what the application is about anyways. In the end, there have been improvements with L.P, and I think that the community can help him grow as a person as they had for me. Being an admin is more than just overseeing a server, but rather being able to connect and bring a form of peace within a part of the community whilst being able to communicate with the greater part of it. For that, and of course because there aren't many active admins anymore, I'll give the applicant a +1. Not out of pity or anything like that this time, a true mark that I give to him for being persistent with his application this time around. Though, due to the lack of admins dedicated to the TX FF2 servers, finding a mentor may be a problem. Not that Baka was a bad mentor or anything, but no one knows how long he will be able to stick around. Either way, I would provide a guide I created to the applicant that details how to handle mostly everything. Maybe Kevin will become the applicant's mentor :kappa:. Anyways, I have nothing further to say for this comment at least, so I wish the applicant the best of luck :)

Taking a look at this application and there's no too much to be said here. You would usually treat this as a resume, meaning this could've used a bit more words to be descriptive. As for the application itself, it looks fairly well. Now...:

Positive Points:
1. I'm glad you applied for the TX FF2 Server since most of us are inactive.
2. I've seen your work and you try your absolute hardest to enforce rules.
3. Punishment points seem optimal.
4. Call system was used mainly by you and dad. Which is relieving/worrying. (Since it's mainly you 2 actually doing ! or /call)

Negative Points:
1.When problems do arise, i haven't really received any kind of PM. communication is key you know? (Though I'm not sure if you talk to Nim for that)
2. As Nim stated, the application falls a bit short for me.

I'll go ahead and +1 this and hopefully be able to actually be on to see for myself as well as try to help you grow as an admin and not be like me. Best of luck on the others!

Accepted.

Welcome to the team!

Since Left 4 Zelda is inactive on the forum and on the server, as well with Baka (maybe on the server) your mentor during the trial phase will be @IceSoul

@Kevin will give you the admin rights when he has free time and should you have any questions, feel free to ask any of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread